Trying to get the best airflow config for my case

zedsdeath
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
12 hours ago, zedsdeath said:

I have a phanteks p300, I want to see if I can improve the airflow/temps on my case without buying stuff

Your best bet is to mod the case; cutting 120mm holes into the front of the case (or a 120mm x 240mm rectangle) to improve airflow. It's been done numerous time on similar cases like the S340 (example below)

Image result for s340 airflow mod

I have a phanteks p300, I want to see if I can improve the airflow/temps on my case without buying stuff ( I know it would improve if I change all the fans for noctuas and get 140s instead of the 120mm fans that I have).

I have a corsair h60 for the processor with the radiator mounted on the front as an intake with two fans as a push pull, below the radiator I have another 120mm fan as an intake blowing air directly to my gpu(rx 580) and finally I have the top and left 120mm fans as exhausts. The intakes of the case are the issue I think they are too small or restricted, when I run it without the front cover I get considerably lower temps but im tired of using the case like that.

This is a picture of the case just to save you time of looking it up, I appreciate the help!

image.png.10b696429c83d40a1449f0bab7cf2a8f.png

Everything intake, back exhaust.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

12 hours ago, zedsdeath said:

I have a phanteks p300, I want to see if I can improve the airflow/temps on my case without buying stuff

Your best bet is to mod the case; cutting 120mm holes into the front of the case (or a 120mm x 240mm rectangle) to improve airflow. It's been done numerous time on similar cases like the S340 (example below)

Image result for s340 airflow mod

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 hours ago, Constantin said:

Everything intake, back exhaust.

I thought that the back exhaust being that close to the top intake would be weird but I will try it to see what happends. Thank you!

9 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

How is that mesh material covering the holes called? where can I get something like that?. You are right, once I get my hands on the stuff to do it I will. thank you!

8 hours ago, zedsdeath said:

How is that mesh material covering the holes called? where can I get something like that?. You are right, once I get my hands on the stuff to do it I will. thank you!

Mesh, or a grill. Places like MNPCTech (@Mnpctech) sell them in various shapes and sizes. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Front fans, intake. Everything else: exhaust.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

On 8/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, TrainFan2019 said:

Front fans, intake. Everything else: exhaust.

That is how its running right now, im glad to see that someone shares my point of view. thanks!

Use code MNFAN at checkout, so you get discount if you order the mesh from Mnpctech.

Thank you TVwazhere, I would like to spend more time in the forums, but 2019 has been overwhelming busy, but in the best way imaginable. So many new client projects in the works atm, https://mnpctech.com/promote-game-release-gaming-computer-pc-giveaway.html 

17 years of helping you void your warranty