Razer Cynosa Chroma VS Corsair K55 (same Price)

for the same price, Razer Cynosa Chroma Gaming Keyboard (RZ03-02260100-R3M1) or Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard (CH-9206015) which one is better quality wise and is it worth sacrificing the macros for the k55. it won't have any special use case, just internet surfing, gaming and typing up assignments and that. 

Sure you dont want some mechanical for a bit more or the same price but for chinese companies like Redragon. Anyway to answer your question, if you want the brag rights to a razer product and the sexy sticker buy the cynosa its one of the best membrane keyboards. There are not really that many differences between those keyboards, but just because they are the same price if you think that you will never use the macro keys buy the cynosa.

10 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

keep in mind this is outemu, not cherry itself

so they're a little different from the more expensive switches, enthusiasts find them inconsistent sounding

7 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Redragon brand is a good budget peripheral company.

47 minutes ago, bazookapanda said:

for the same price, Razer Cynosa Chroma Gaming Keyboard (RZ03-02260100-R3M1) or Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard (CH-9206015) which one is better quality wise and is it worth sacrificing the macros for the k55. it won't have any special use case, just internet surfing, gaming and typing up assignments and that. 

K55. Razer Snypase software is terrible. Razer itself is just an aesthetic company not a tech company. Cynosa Chrome is made off cheap plastic that even flex when you press the key down. My Redragon K552 RGB doesn't even flex at all for a budget peripheral company.

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

so they're a little different from the more expensive switches, enthusiasts find them inconsistent sounding 

Outemu switches are Chinese clone of Cherry MX, and it is a budget version Cherry MX switches. Outemus switches are not bad at all because I am using a keyboard with Outemu blue switches, and it sounds like a mechanical keyboard that bother my parents when I start typing, and more tactile and clicky. The only good Cherry MX clone is Gaterons switches.

8 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

sounds like a mechanical keyboard that bother my parents when I start typing, and more tactile and clicky. The only good Cherry MX clone is Gaterons switches.

i disagree with kailh, but that aside

as said, they're not bad, they're just not the same

34 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Yes, I know that, that why I said decent,In the price range of 70 euros there aren't any boards with cherry iirc. BTW I like those knock off's bit more than cherry.

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i disagree with kailh, but that aside

as said, they're not bad, they're just not the same

Can't complain when you are on a budget, right? If I have money, I would grab myself Glorious GMMK compact or tenkey less keyboard, and throw in Cherry MX red switches and HyperX Doubleshot PBT keycaps or something similar to it.

23 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

like a mechanical keyboard that bother my parents when I start typing, and more tactile and clicky. The only good Cherry MX clone is Gaterons switches.

Reddragon board I linked uses switches similar to mx brown, not the clicky variety. Kailh's are great too imo, not only gaterons.

@OlympicAssEater Getting a hot swap board and putting cherry is extra dumb imho, there are better linear switches.

4 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Glorious GMMK compact or tenkey less keyboard, and throw in Cherry MX red switches 

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Redragon board I linked uses switches similar to mx brown, not the clicky variety. Kailh's are great too imo, not only gaterons.

The K552 RGB version here uses Outemu blue switches which is the one I am using right now: https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-K552-Mechanical-Keyboard-Equivalent/dp/B019O9BLVY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=k552&qid=1566131175&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

I would not get these switches, they are loud as fuck....

3 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I would not get these switches, they are loud as fuck....

Hey man, I like them. It reminds me of mechanical keyboard but a little bit loud. I think if I slap on O ring it will make the keyboard sound less loud. In addition, I can swap my switches for Outemus red for silence, and only take Outemus switches.

5 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

I think if I slap on O ring it will make the keyboard sound less loud

O rings only help with bottoming out, it will not dampen upstroke or anything else, so O rings only make sense if you constantly bottoming out.

Some people like loud clicky switches, that's personal, I live alone and still prefer more silent types of switches. Although I disliked topre, some people rave about them being amazing.

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

16 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

@OlympicAssEater Getting a hot swap board and putting cherry is extra dumb imho, there are better linear switches.

It is not dumb. Other expensive keyboards like Corsair and Logitech won't allow you swap out switches. Glorious GMMK kills Ducky One 2 mini RGB keyboard. If you are a keyboard modder then Glorious GMMK is for you. $60 for a hot swap board is a good deal for me.

It is not dumb.

Can you back this up by something? imho it's stupid because if you want cherry you can get any other non hot swap board, there are many many boards with cherry reds. Why get cherry when you can get better switches ? I'm not bashing GMMK, that's a great board, especially if you want 60% , for 60 bucks it's a steal.

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

5 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Can you back this up by something? imho it's stupid because if you want cherry you can get any other non hot swap board, there are many many boards with cherry reds. Why get cherry when you can get better switches ? I'm not bashing GMMK, that's a great board, especially if you want 60% boards, for 60 bucks it's a steal. 

What if you get bored of Cherry MX Red switches soldered onto your keyboard, and you want blue switches or other switches? Well, you have to re-soldered the new switches onto your keyboard, and it is pain in the ass, and not a lot of people have tools for it, and know how to do it. You might have to buy a new keyboard with the Cherry MX blue switches or other switches.

What if your switches died and it is out of warranty? You have to buy another keyboard.

What if you get bored of Cherry MX Red switches soldered onto your keyboard, and you want blue switches or other switches? Well, you have to re-soldered the new switches onto your keyboard, and it is pain in the ass, and not a lot of people have tools for it, and know how to do it. You might have to buy a new keyboard with the Cherry MX blue switches or other switches.

What if your switches died and it is out of warranty? You have to buy another keyboard.

Odd duck you are aren't ya... I'm not against this or any hot swap board, they are great, will get one of those myself, i'm just against getting cherry in a hot swap board, there are better linear switches, you can change them along the way, yes, but why start with mediocre switches..

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

42 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Yes, I know that, that why I said decent,In the price range of 70 euros there aren't any boards with cherry iirc. BTW I like those knock off's bit more than cherry.

i've actually seen some here, as well as kailh

7 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

-snip-

You make less and less sense... I'm not saying boards with soldered switches are better, or whatever. I just would recommend trying better switches, not just cherry, so if you got a hot swap board, take advantage of that and get better switches.

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i've actually seen some here, as well as kailh

Care to post some link? Seen some kailh boards in that price range, but no cherry, I think.

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

You make less and less sense... I'm not saying boards with soldered switches are better, or whatever. I just would recommend trying better switches, not just cherry, so if you got a hot swap board, take advantage of that and get better switches.

I know Cherry MX but not Kalid or Gaterons. I heard Gaterons switches are good clone of Cherry MX switches.

2 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

I know Cherry MX but not Kalid or Gaterons. I heard Gaterons switches are good clone of Cherry MX switches.

Kailh offers great switches, kailh box switches are easily better than cherry imho.

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Kailh offers great switches, kailh box switches are easily better than cherry imho.

Kalid red switches > Cherry MX red switches?