Suggestion for Roku Channel for LinusTechTips

Boomwebsearch

Most of the times when I watch digital content, I will watch on my Roku 3 that is connected to a television. Roku has a channel store where you can add apps to your player and use them from the home screen. I have noticed that some other channels like ThioJoe and Bitwit have added a Roku channel for their channel store, and am wondering if there are any plans for LinusTechTips to make a Roku app for their videos. I know that I can still view LinusTechTips content via the YouTube app, although I think that an application for Roku would be more efficient to access and could have all their other channels content there too (like TechLinked), and maybe there could be a FloatPlane signin feature within the Roku application for having the ability to access early-access LTT content without having to sign into a computer. Seems that the developers of apps have to create the app and then submit it to Roku to get published, case being that it is a public channel to be offered in the Roku store then it must go through their certification process, a link will be included to the Roku developer's information page for reference purposes.

link to the aforementioned resource/s from Roku:   https://developer.roku.com/overview   

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/publishing/channel-publishing-guide.md

Please let me know if this is something that LinusTechTips plans to implement for Roku.

Thanks in advance,

@Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

That seems like a huge amount of effort. As far as I can see, it would require the videos to be uploaded to yet another place so that they can be streamed by Roku, and the app itself would require a lot of development. Maybe one day it will be implemented for Floatplane, but I don't think it makes financial sense to create a dedicated one for the content that is already available on YouTube.

HTTP/2 203

I watch YouTube on my Roku.  Works great.  LTT can be found that way.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Maybe one day it will be implemented for Floatplane

This would actually be a better suggestion.  a roku app for floatplane, to watch all the creators on it in one place, on the TV.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

6 hours ago, Tsuki said:

This would actually be a better suggestion.  a roku app for floatplane, to watch all the creators on it in one place, on the TV.

Seeing how current FP development is going, Roku etc. will cost extra.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Seeing how current FP development is going, Roku etc. will cost extra.

oh definitely.  it would be a longterm goal, once the everything is fully fleshed out, and they have more creators on there.   it would be cool though

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Like @Velcade mentioned, why wouldn't you just watch ltt with the youtube app?

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

If it was easy to create and could link all videos from YouTube id recommend it but as colonel_mortis has stated it's a bit of a process without much of an incentive to put the work/money into it. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage