New to this want to do closed loop hardline.

Hi im thinking getting closed loop hardline what's my options on my lian li case will be ryzen 3000 based when im finished with it for now thinking doing cpu loop only maybe the vrm.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, cool.  Do you have a question or just wanted to let everyone know? ?

CPU: i7-8700k MOBO: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z390 RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz GPU: 1080ti

On 8/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, LOLZR said:

Alright, cool.  Do you have a question or just wanted to let everyone know? ?

A lot I wanted peoples to lend some of there expertise oh well back to research...

Well you have to ask a question, there's too much for me to type everything I know about water-cooling for you.. @Brass_01

Also, there is a stickied thread on the front of this section called Water Cooling 101 - might be a good place to start. Link

CPU: i7-8700k MOBO: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z390 RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz GPU: 1080ti

2 minutes ago, LOLZR said:

Well you have to ask a question, there's too much for me to type everything I know about water-cooling for you.. @Brass_01

^^^ What's the full spec, what's the budget, do you want the CPU and GPU on the loop, or just the CPU? Are you willing to switch cases if you need to, what kind of hardline do you want, what color/style of coolant? There's a heck ton of things people need to know, otherwise we can just tell you what we did but that may not work in your situation. 

EDIT: Saw you said CPU loop only in the OP, so that's one piece of info we know. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

On 8/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, Zando Bob said:

^^^ What's the full spec, what's the budget, do you want the CPU and GPU on the loop, or just the CPU? Are you willing to switch cases if you need to, what kind of hardline do you want, what color/style of coolant? There's a heck ton of things people need to know, otherwise we can just tell you what we did but that may not work in your situation. 

EDIT: Saw you said CPU loop only in the OP, so that's one piece of info we know. 

yes I will get a new cpu and gpu but for now will get parts for a close loop on a ryzen 3000 based system for now ive got x370 rog crosshair VI I will keep the case just need to gather the right parts for now but not in a hurry just for winter maybe so now just want to know what could work want to do red dye and petg.

You still haven't asked any questions.. @Brass_01

@Zando Bob

@Brass_01 What case do you have? You say Lian Li, but never the model.  Generally you can find radiator support in the spec section of the case's web page.

Some brands for radiators generally recommended here are hardwarelabs (never personally used), corsair (hardwarelabs rebranded), EKWB (personally used, no problems).

46 minutes ago, LOLZR said:

@Brass_01 What case do you have? You say Lian Li, but never the model.  Generally you can find radiator support in the spec section of the case's web page.

Some brands for radiators generally recommended here are hardwarelabs (never personally used), corsair (hardwarelabs rebranded), EKWB (personally used, no problems).

lianli lancool digital and for the setup id like to get ek I guess monoblock or cpu block what's good for ek like the block name and what fittings if petg??

image.png.f661381d4441f8bc753a9119c8a25b65.png

Found this info on the Lian Li website.

I don't believe that there is a monoblock for AM4 socket processors.

You will need to tell me what size tubing you want to go with (12mm, 14mm, 16mm) and confirm that you want to go hardline before I can recommend any fittings, however Barrow fittings on eBay are my personal favourite.

@Brass_01

22 hours ago, LOLZR said:

image.png.f661381d4441f8bc753a9119c8a25b65.png

Found this info on the Lian Li website.

I don't believe that there is a monoblock for AM4 socket processors.

You will need to tell me what size tubing you want to go with (12mm, 14mm, 16mm) and confirm that you want to go hardline before I can recommend any fittings, however Barrow fittings on eBay are my personal favourite.

@Brass_01

Go on the ek website they are 200$ haha payed 175$ Canadian for the crosshair VI hero motherboard and the big block cost more than the mobo itself HARDLINE PETG  I don't really know what to get  for the size fitting maybe the most common... https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus-c6h-rgb-monoblock-nickel

ek-eb_asus_c6h_np_fit.jpg

@Brass_01 That is for x370/x470 version of the board, I have no way of knowing that it will for sure work with the x570 (depending which one you have).

12mm or 16mm are the more common sizes in my opinion, but 14mm is becoming more common all the time.

This is an example of a 90o fitting on eBay for 12mm. This is a straight fitting on eBay for 12mm. Both Barrow, just because they are my personal preference out of the brands that I have used.

4 hours ago, LOLZR said:

@Brass_01 That is for x370/x470 version of the board, I have no way of knowing that it will for sure work with the x570 (depending which one you have).

12mm or 16mm are the more common sizes in my opinion, but 14mm is becoming more common all the time.

This is an example of a 90o fitting on eBay for 12mm. This is a straight fitting on eBay for 12mm. Both Barrow, just because they are my personal preference out of the brands that I have used.

Thanks for the info yes it is x370 ive got the crosshair VI hero wish it would work for the x570 if needed upgrade the mobo but I wont buy x570 now if it's not needed for the ryzen 3000 I know x370 supports it.

Great, glad to help.

@Brass_01

@Brass_01 Yep, it surprised me too when I first started out. A loop of any quality is quite expensive, and most of it comes from China where this type of thing is huge so depending where you are in the world shipping can be costly/timely as well.

15 hours ago, LOLZR said:

@Brass_01 Yep, it surprised me too when I first started out. A loop of any quality is quite expensive, and most of it comes from China where this type of thing is huge so depending where you are in the world shipping can be costly/timely as well.

Yeah guess so il post my updates on the forum for the project thinking for first time id use turning fitting and use straight pipes when I can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, Brass_01 said:

Yeah guess so il post my updates on the forum for the project thinking for first time id use turning fitting and use straight pipes when I can.

So I did look it up and I think il go with barrow as it's the cheapest good quality out there it seems will try my luck on 14 mm what do you think?

Sure I guess, I am still not sure what your original question was.

I have had nothing but good luck with Barrow fittings, others have had issues but I have not.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, Brass_01 said:

Hi im thinking getting closed loop hardline what's my options on my lian li case will be ryzen 3000 based when im finished with it for now thinking doing cpu loop only maybe the vrm.

I would get a bigger case if your going to spend the money to get a nice loop...

5 hours ago, everettrules said:

I would get a bigger case if your going to spend the money to get a nice loop...

this one will have to do just bought the dam thing...

6 hours ago, LOLZR said:

Sure I guess, I am still not sure what your original question was.

I have had nothing but good luck with Barrow fittings, others have had issues but I have not.

Mostly what's the best course of action for my case il try to fit a closed loop some day with good parts..

Don't know why I did this, as you're not really helping us help you - but it seems that you just want someone to design the loop for you so you can assemble it.  I can make no promises that this will work (is your graphics card too long to put the pump/res where I have it for example) but here is a basic design in your case.  Please note that you will need a fill/drain somewhere (you can possibly fill in the top of your reservoir depending which one you get).

If you have an actual question, feel free to ask.

diagram.png

Gonna pop in quick and say don't get the EK monoblock. Incredibly expensive, only thing it does over a CPU block is cool the VRMs, but they're already overkill on the CH6/CH7 so they don't overheat anyways. You can't push Ryzen very hard without LN2 and wack voltage anyways so you won't be doing any extreme overclocking (they tend to hit a hard wall around 4.2-4.25 for 2000 series, 4-4.1 for 1000). Get a Heatkiller IV CPU block, they're a nicer fit and finish than the EK monoblock as well (I run a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal on my 5820K now, back when I had a 2700X on a CH7 I had the EK block, was meh). Also much, much cheaper than that monoblock. 

Since this is your first time, why not go soft tubing instead of hardline? You can get EK-ZMT tubing for super cheap, it doesn't leak and it's easy to work with, looks clean too. I run mine with the cheapest EK stubbies I could find, slapped zip ties on and have had 0 leaks in any of the 3 rigs I've built like this. 

@LOLZR's reccomended routing looks great and will work with hard or soft tubing. Does need a way to drain the loop though, that's a thing people forget a lot and it makes for nasty time trying to do maintenance. 

Here's my rig with soft tubing: 

1167110406_IMG_48642.thumb.JPG.5b5dbcef221482aed129464a218c6f2b.JPG

I made a couple mistakes with how I set up the drain plug (need to flip the front rad and redo some lines), and also fed my res out into the top of the res, that introduces a ton of microbubbles and just looks eh (does work though), when I get a few more fittings I need to reroute that to the front input on the pump. Other than that, it looks pretty clean and the tubing/fittings were much cheaper than going hardline. I think this is still $500-700 or so of watercooling hardware though, so even softline isn't cheap, just cheaper. Hardline tubing needs much more expensive fittings, more tools, and the tubing itself is more expensive. It does look reeeeally damn good if you do it right though. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch