New to this want to do closed loop hardline.

@Zando Bob's build looks great.  It is also a good example of what I was meaning when I said make sure that you can put your pump/res combo where I had it in the diagram, looks like a pretty tight fit.  I also agree, you don't need the monoblock for any reason other than looks - he made good points as to why.

If you have actual questions, shoot away. But I will not look up every specific part you need on aliexpress or eBay and send you links. I think that's a bit beyond the scope of "helping someone out", I think that is introducing them with a feeding tube because they're too lazy to chew.

CPU: i7-8700k MOBO: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z390 RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz GPU: 1080ti

Just now, LOLZR said:

If you have actual questions, shoot away. But I will not look up every specific part you need on aliexpress or eBay and send you links. I think that's a bit beyond the scope of "helping someone out", I think that is introducing them with a feeding tube because they're too lazy to chew.

^^^ It isn't any help at all, actually. If I got other people to build every PC I've had to date, I wouldn't know how to do it myself. Meaning I can't help others, or even help myself if the people I depended on aren't available. I've made a bunch of mistakes and wacky hardware choices, but I've learned from them all and had fun along the way so it's all good (still wish I hadn't given away my S340 Elite though). 

If you ask us stuff we can give advice so you can make an informed decision, weighing the pros and cons of each choice. We can't make your choices for you though. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

13 hours ago, LOLZR said:

Don't know why I did this, as you're not really helping us help you - but it seems that you just want someone to design the loop for you so you can assemble it.  I can make no promises that this will work (is your graphics card too long to put the pump/res where I have it for example) but here is a basic design in your case.  Please note that you will need a fill/drain somewhere (you can possibly fill in the top of your reservoir depending which one you get).

If you have an actual question, feel free to ask.

diagram.png

no but thanks.

12 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ It isn't any help at all, actually. If I got other people to build every PC I've had to date, I wouldn't know how to do it myself. Meaning I can't help others, or even help myself if the people I depended on aren't available. I've made a bunch of mistakes and wacky hardware choices, but I've learned from them all and had fun along the way so it's all good (still wish I hadn't given away my S340 Elite though). 

If you ask us stuff we can give advice so you can make an informed decision, weighing the pros and cons of each choice. We can't make your choices for you though. 

of course that's why I asked what brand would suit my build not design the loop not ready yet.

12 hours ago, LOLZR said:

@Zando Bob's build looks great.  It is also a good example of what I was meaning when I said make sure that you can put your pump/res combo where I had it in the diagram, looks like a pretty tight fit.  I also agree, you don't need the monoblock for any reason other than looks - he made good points as to why.

no need to do this I just wanted to know based on your experience what's best but not the cheapest and not the most expensive to that's why I was looking into barrow seems good.

1 hour ago, Brass_01 said:

of course that's why I asked what brand would suit my build not design the loop not ready yet.

That depends on what case and hardware you're using lol. You get a rough loop planned, then you look at what you need and then make brand choices. Like the EKWB vs the Watercool Heatkiller IV series. HKIVs offer better quality for a similar or slightly lower price, but they don't have blocks for some stuff. I had a HKIV for my Vega FE, they haven't made one for the Radeon VII so I had to go with EK. If I hadn't decided on a ballpark budget and hardware and a basic loop plan I wouldn't be able to decide what watercooling stuff I need.

You need to decide what hardware you're using, what case you want, and then you make a basic loop plan like @LOLZR did. Then you can start looking at stuff within your budget and making decisions. I use a Heatkiller block on the CPU, EK on the GPU, EK tubing and fittings, EK pump, Hardware Labs radiators, a Bitspower drain plug, and Noctua fans. Also use.... IIRC I have EK coolant in here now, before I had Mayhems stuff. A bunch of hardware from a bunch of different OEMs because that's what fit the loop and price range I wanted. There's no one brand that's consistently the best bang for the buck for everything.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Huh, I actually helped this guy. Retract what I said before, if you need help you can ask someone else.

GLHF

@Brass_01

CPU: i7-8700k MOBO: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z390 RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz GPU: 1080ti

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, LOLZR said:

Huh, I actually helped this guy. Retract what I said before, if you need help you can ask someone else.

GLHF

@Brass_01

That's funny in the front there a hole to put the 360 radiator at the front but under it is the cage for hdd lol.

On 9/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, Brass_01 said:

That's funny in the front there a hole to put the 360 radiator at the front but under it is the cage for hdd lol.

This is literally why you are the only person who can fully plan for a loop, there are so many restrictions and nuances when it comes to doing a custom loop, especially hardline, that without being there it is impossible to see what can fit.

In order to plan correctly, this is my usual order checklist

- Finalize normal PC components (HDD/SSDs, CPU, GPU etc). This will let you see where you can and can't mount things later

- Eye ball where you can mount radiators, and how long they can be. Do not forget about the thickness of a fan (25 mm normally) and also that radiators are longer than fans. Radiators thickness usually start at 30 mm, and go up to 60 mm depending. Do also be aware that while a case may state that it can support X radiator on top and Y radiator on the front, it may not be able to do so at the same time. So some serious eyeballing is required to make sure you don't regret later. You may also face cases where the radiators may fit, but you have no way of routing the tubing, but thats a problem for later. You should however try to max out the case with radiators as much as possible.

- Decide on a pump or pump/res combo. If you can fit one, get a D5 pump/res combo that will mount somewhere in the case. If you cannot fit a D5 pump/res, see if you can fit a D5 with a pump top, and a reservoir seperately. If you cannot do this, consider a DDC pump. If you cannot fit a DDC, then you're probably doing it wrong.

- Decide on a drain location, lowest portion of the loop is standard.

- Count the number of fittings you need, including the stuff for the drain port and temperature sensor (if appropriate).

- Decide on the routing.

If it helps at all, I am re-building my system at the moment and I've given fairly raw experiences of the planning as it goes (although I know that my case can fit a 360 mm and 240 mm slim radiator). I haven't done the tubing routing yet and will decide as it goes.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

This is literally why you are the only person who can fully plan for a loop, there are so many restrictions and nuances when it comes to doing a custom loop, especially hardline, that without being there it is impossible to see what can fit.

In order to plan correctly, this is my usual order checklist

- Finalize normal PC components (HDD/SSDs, CPU, GPU etc). This will let you see where you can and can't mount things later

- Eye ball where you can mount radiators, and how long they can be. Do not forget about the thickness of a fan (25 mm normally) and also that radiators are longer than fans. Radiators thickness usually start at 30 mm, and go up to 60 mm depending. Do also be aware that while a case may state that it can support X radiator on top and Y radiator on the front, it may not be able to do so at the same time. So some serious eyeballing is required to make sure you don't regret later. You may also face cases where the radiators may fit, but you have no way of routing the tubing, but thats a problem for later. You should however try to max out the case with radiators as much as possible.

- Decide on a pump or pump/res combo. If you can fit one, get a D5 pump/res combo that will mount somewhere in the case. If you cannot fit a D5 pump/res, see if you can fit a D5 with a pump top, and a reservoir seperately. If you cannot do this, consider a DDC pump. If you cannot fit a DDC, then you're probably doing it wrong.

- Decide on a drain location, lowest portion of the loop is standard.

- Count the number of fittings you need, including the stuff for the drain port and temperature sensor (if appropriate).

- Decide on the routing.

If it helps at all, I am re-building my system at the moment and I've given fairly raw experiences of the planning as it goes (although I know that my case can fit a 360 mm and 240 mm slim radiator). I haven't done the tubing routing yet and will decide as it goes.

Ive never done this but I know what you are talking about ive been thinking where I could put the parts and then chose the right parts for it won't be anytime soon but there's nothing against getting information on it first and hearing other peoples thoughts and experience on the subject always welcome thanks to all that have responded.

45 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

-

That's fine, just remember that there are a finite people on the forum and that they are also human beings with a limited amount of time and patience. You don't want to be just "experienced people, please teach me something", and also brush off people that are actually being helpful such as @LOLZR

Think of it like a lifeline, or the boy who cried wolf. If you end up getting a bad reputation, the people who are in a position to help you may be less willing when you really need it.

10 minutes ago, For Science! said:

That's fine, just remember that there are a finite people on the forum and that they are also human beings with a limited amount of time and patience. You don't want to be just "experienced people, please teach me something", and also brush off people that are actually being helpful such as @LOLZR

Think of it like a lifeline, or the boy who cried wolf. If you end up getting a bad reputation, the people who are in a position to help you may be less willing when you really need it.

Try to think where I went wrong here but hey whatever don't need someone to plan my loop for me that's just it I might be using other's experience has ahead start on doing things my way so for my build it works for me not all the same right.

Bro, what the hell does "use other's experience" even mean? I tried helping you in several different ways, and still have no idea what you want.

@Brass_01

If budget is truly an issue I build loops for under $100, I wont say all the time, but I am on my third this year.  Triple radiator setups.  Hit me up if you need examples.

However for someone getting into doing their first loop, I agree - don't go hardline.  In fact, go cheap imho because if you mess up, or decide halfway through its not for you, you aren't out a literal arm and leg for the namebrand stuff.  My copper CPU blocks for AM4 cost between $12-14 shipped from China, for example.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

On 9/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, LOLZR said:

Bro, what the hell does "use other's experience" even mean? I tried helping you in several different ways, and still have no idea what you want.

@Brass_01

sure..

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 1:19 PM, Tristerin said:

If budget is truly an issue I build loops for under $100, I wont say all the time, but I am on my third this year.  Triple radiator setups.  Hit me up if you need examples.

However for someone getting into doing their first loop, I agree - don't go hardline.  In fact, go cheap imho because if you mess up, or decide halfway through its not for you, you aren't out a literal arm and leg for the namebrand stuff.  My copper CPU blocks for AM4 cost between $12-14 shipped from China, for example.

Started ordering things petg pipes and the bend cut kit from barrow will do the water cooling loop this winter I guess trying to order parts one by one not in a hurry.

s-l1600.jpg

kit.jpg

On 9/10/2019 at 12:11 PM, LOLZR said:

Using the heat gun for bending is it obligated to get the molds to bend the pipes or is it easy by hand.

2 hours ago, Brass_01 said:

Using the heat gun for bending is it obligated to get the molds to bend the pipes or is it easy by hand.

it is not obligatory, all my bends are hand done. How easy will depend on how dexterous you are.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, For Science! said:

it is not obligatory, all my bends are hand done. How easy will depend on how dexterous you are.

just come in yesterday petg a while back will start as soon as I can!

IMG_20191123_150433870.jpg

18 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

just come in yesterday petg a while back will start as soon as I can!

So did it come in yesterday or a while back ?

Anyway, good luck, hope you got all the parts sorted

11 minutes ago, For Science! said:

petg was back a bit because the kit took forever no did not yet im on that as soon as I finish my work for the year I end sometime in December for 4 months so in that time amongst a lot of other things I must sort out for myself will do this project!

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 3:28 PM, For Science! said:

Time to revive the project I got my cutting trimming kit got the 4 petg pipes and just ordered this fitting kit same color pattern as my case now only need the cpu block,radiator and pump reservoir combo I want to get that combo when I get all the parts I need I will sort this out and look for what others have said to help out a bit thanks well now another part ads up to the kit.

14mm fittings 1.jpg

14mm fittings 2.jpg