Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Differences between the various hard drive formats (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, exFAT...etc).  I was surprised to not find this in a previous suggestion, but I may have missed it.

Hey Linus do a video on dual GPU cards please.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I would like to see on one on the differences between the different types of Windows OS. Not between 7 and 10, but between Home, Pro, OEM, retail, how each is different from the other and what the risks are of buying each one.

I think you should do a review on paint ball guns. you can get techy and talk about trajectory or how much they hurt when you get hit or you could just take the crew out for a day and have some real fun............... ps, take cameras, show welts........... LOL

Dedicated gaming servers

| MOBO MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | CPU i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz | RAM G.Skill 16GB 2133MHz | SSD Kingston 240GB / HDD Seagate 3TB | GPU MSI Gaming GTX 970 |

| Cooling CM Nepton 240M | Display Philips BDM4065UC 40in 4K | Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Blue | Mouse Logitech G502 | Case Fractal Design Core 2500 |

PSU Rankings

for April fools you should do a video very slowly and lackadaisical about the channel fast as possible and talk about the premise/scope of it.

FireWire As fast as possible

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

IMAX Technology as Fast as Possible 

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

FireWire As fast as possible

Was supposed to be the next thing after USB, then USB 3.0 happened, and the advantage of USB 3.0 is backwards compatibility with nearly anything. Then firewire went obsolete. 

Power Plugs, why do manufactures put a devices power supply into the power plug, I have external hard drives and the power plugs space take up an extra socket on double sided extensions (I can supply pictures if needed).

What is the current state of portable gaming? Perhaps discuss the PS Vita, 3DS, portable Steam Machines, possible portable, remote play devices, etc.

Please do a video on computer COM ports!

I'm kinda stuck on this arduino project and I can't find a good short breakdown of what these COM ports are and how they work. 

It's oldschool tech, sure, but I find a lot off noobs like myself asking the same questions, so, there might be some interest in this topic

Thanks!

PWM vs DC control on computer fans, and the advantages/disadvantages of both.

Ye ole' train

YouTube Monitization as fast as possible?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I remember techreport did a longevity test on ssd's. but what they haven't done is see how long it takes for data to no longer be retrievable after the drive has been sitting for 1-2-3-4-5-6 years.

So if you take 6 of the same drives, or 6 of several different drives, format them and load them to the hilt, set them on a shelf somewhere, and every year take one down, plug it in and see if there's still retrievable data on it.

I really don't think these things can store memory like a platter drive. I was just wondering how long it can.

Hey Linus do a video on dual GPU cards please.

That can be summed up in one line tbh:

They run hot most of the time and are usually very powerful but can and will have issues with xfire/SLI and some games don't actually support xfire/SLI.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

CMOS - and - what does resetting it do exactly... 

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

E-ink/E-paper displays, like on the kindle or pebble

Hm.. Something about printers maybe?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W