ITX cooling for i5 4570

atxcyclist

I've got a little ITX setup I use for CS:GO, TF2, MInecraft, and etc on my 4K TV, but I currently have a basic Intel stock cooler from a 4790k on there. Temps are fine but the noise is a bit much. Being an 84w TDP chip, I'm looking for something beefy enough to still maintain my turboing, but it's an ITX case so space is limited. I considered buying an Intel BXTS15A because it's simple and I could likely adjust my fan curve down some, but I imagine at full load it would still make some noise. Any suggestions? I want a downdraft style cooler for board components as it's an H81 chipset with limited phasing and no heatsinks on them.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

That tall Intel cooler is only slightly better than the regular stock cooler, it retains the craptastic fan.

The Cryorig C7 is a good low profile cooler, or the Silverstone AR05 and 06. Of course there's always the NH-L9i.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What case and ram are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case and ram are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

I'm using a Cougar QBX. I have some ADATA XPG, they're regular height with a heat spreader, but it only extends a couple millimeters beyond the RAM PCB.

United States, and budget isn't a big constraint, but I don't want to drop $90+ on it.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

1 hour ago, badreg said:

Will the NH-L12S fit? Great quiet cooler if it will work in your case.

I'll pop the panel off and do some measurements to see.The power supply is internal in the case and has a plug extension, so I'm not sure anything with a 120mm fan and any height will clear, but I'll check.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

18 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I'm using a Cougar QBX. I have some ADATA XPG, they're regular height with a heat spreader, but it only extends a couple millimeters beyond the RAM PCB.

United States, and budget isn't a big constraint, but I don't want to drop $90+ on it.

If you're not using a fan on the side panel, you can fit coolers a bit taller than 105mm like the PR Slim: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.