What is this empty slot ?

Go to solution Solved by Caennanu,

Above are all solid answers.

Personally i use it for my primary graphics card, as on my motherboard the nvme slot would be covered causing heat issues to my drive. Thus i opted to put my 1080 on the lower slot. Yes i'm aware it will only function as a x8 instead of x16, but mehh

That's a PCIe full length slot

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

29 minutes ago, Brend2123 said:

What do you connect to it ?

Graphics card usually, though for some people they use it for sound cards or other expansion cards they need.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

28 minutes ago, Brend2123 said:

What do you connect to it ?

Whatever you want sound card ,capture card ,very fast SSD storage,network card, extra usb and type c ports card

1 minute ago, Brend2123 said:

@BigRom so its possible for double gpu's?

What card you got doesn’t look like there is enough room

17 minutes ago, Brend2123 said:

Yes but SLI causes more problems than it solves, so its a terrible idea either way.

Also a huge waste of money as you pay double the money for no good reason.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 hour ago, Brend2123 said:

Not unless the motherboard supports it which it probably doesn't.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Above are all solid answers.

Personally i use it for my primary graphics card, as on my motherboard the nvme slot would be covered causing heat issues to my drive. Thus i opted to put my 1080 on the lower slot. Yes i'm aware it will only function as a x8 instead of x16, but mehh

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti