Huawei to find alternative to play store

LukeSavenije
23 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

How does Apple's absolute control of iOS affects Huawei? It doesn't. At all.

Are you being serious?  no one said anything about apples control of ios effecting huawei. 

23 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Google's ban out of the blue (although not initiated by them, but US government) after years of working together and depending heavily on them at this point is basically a death for a smartphone brand. Where having absolutely zero relations with Apple and it's ecosystem didn't hinder them at all in any way. So, I don't know what kind of logic you're pulling here...

I would say your reading comprehension is the problem you are having with logic.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

While you two continue trying to figure out each other that many companies in China get tech funding schemes in case they struggle. It's how XiaoMi can operate on a loss.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

10 hours ago, RejZoR said:

So is yours...

Crap, you asked: " How does Apple's absolute control of iOS affects Huawei? " - clearly if you had read my posts you would know I never said anything about it, you have gone off on a perplexing tangent that has nothing to do with what I said. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 5/23/2019 at 4:26 AM, mr moose said:

All the crap with politics and spying aside, this highlights the monopoly google has over smart phones if a company can't sell a phone without them.

Remember all that shit in the apple thread about ios and monopolies.  This is the same thing.  Google refuses to allow them access to the play store and all of a sudden it is significantly harder to sell your product. 

Time will tell if they can or cannot produce an alternative to the play store, my guess is likely not seeing as MS couldn't compete in the same market. 

As far as I am concerned the whole industry needs a shake up. 

Huawei already has a thriving app store, it's the #3 most popular android app store in China. Hint: Google play store doesn't even make it to the top ten. My huawei phone bought outside of China has huawei app store bundled beside google play store.

China has been doing the same blockage against Google for a decade now. The US should have responded in kind as soon as their tech companies try to reach the outside world.

1 hour ago, mrthuvi said:

Huawei already has a thriving app store, it's the #3 most popular android app store in China. Hint: Google play store doesn't even make it to the top ten. My huawei phone bought outside of China has huawei app store bundled beside google play store.

China has been doing the same blockage against Google for a decade now. The US should have responded in kind as soon as their tech companies try to reach the outside world.

That's good for Chinese customers,  what about the rest of the world?

Aptoide needs to solve their problem where they show an older version of some apps as the latest version. 

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

41 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That's good for Chinese customers,  what about the rest of the world?

What? How's that good for Chinese customers? You do know that it all happen because Google didn't censor their services for the Chinese government, right? Look at Apple's store, still working fine in China. Their servers for Chinese customers are located inside mainland China. They have a separate apple store just for China, complying with all the censorship requests. China's homegrown android app store initiative is 100% for censorship reason.

58 minutes ago, mrthuvi said:

What? How's that good for Chinese customers? You do know that it all happen because Google didn't censor their services for the Chinese government, right? Look at Apple's store, still working fine in China. Their servers for Chinese customers are located inside mainland China. They have a separate apple store just for China, complying with all the censorship requests. China's homegrown android app store initiative is 100% for censorship reason.

I think you might have missed my original point.  I'm saying it's not good for one company to be able to control the success of another like this.  You claimed Hauwei already have a thriving app store (I assumed that was in response to my comments about google pulling theirs), which I took to mean it won't effect the Chinese market because they have a suitable alternative.  The rest of the world doesn't have a suitable alternative to google play.