DPI Issues

I've got a mamba elite from razer mouse and my old dpi was something like 1800, and throughout a month or two i've upped it to 2800. But now my wrist hurts when i use it as it's not as much movement, is this normal or should i bring back down my sense? i've put it to 2500 again but still the same problem. It's not too painful just really irritating

Lets just say that if your hand hurts when using a certain mouse, chances are you need a different one.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

4 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Lets just say that if your hand hurts when using a certain mouse, chances are you need a different one.

not the mouse, the dpi, it used to be fine, same mouse

Just now, Fushiatic said:

not the mouse, the dpi, it used to be fine, same mouse

If you want to change the DPI, who are we to tell you not to? Question is - Will you be comfortable using lower DPI?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

If you want to change the DPI, who are we to tell you not to? Question is - Will you be comfortable using lower DPI?

im saying i dont know if i should or not

Are you talking about gaming or just general use? Because 2800 dpi is kinda high for both IMO

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

If you're not comfortable with a certain DPI, just change it. You can literally change it at any time with software, that's the beauty of modern mice.

I used to use 1350 DPI for gaming until I wanted to get more accurate with crosshair placement, and now I use 650 DPI on all my games. The best part is, I could easily go back to 1350 DPI if I wanted to if I ever find 650 DPI uncomfortable.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Are you talking about gaming or just general use? Because 2800 dpi is kinda high for both IMO

gaming

1 minute ago, seoz said:

If you're not comfortable with a certain DPI, just change it. You can literally change it at any time with software, that's the beauty of modern mice.

I used to use 1350 DPI for gaming until I wanted to get more accurate with crosshair placement, and now I use 650 DPI on all my games. The best part is, I could easily go back to 1350 DPI if I wanted to if I ever find 650 DPI uncomfortable.

i wasnt sure if i should change the dpi as it was causing me pain

1 minute ago, Fushiatic said:

Then just change it, if it still hurt then you might need to see a professional to check your hands.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, Fushiatic said:

gaming

I'd recommend lowering it to 1600-1200 or lowering your in game sens a bit. Lower sens is generally better in FPS games.

2 minutes ago, Fushiatic said:

It could be, I used to play with a stupid high sens and sometimes I'd get wrist pain if I played too much. After lowering my sens, I could use my arm more so this problem went away. (still play on a relatively high sens bcuz fortnite though)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

49 minutes ago, Fushiatic said:

I've got a mamba elite from razer mouse and my old dpi was something like 1800, and throughout a month or two i've upped it to 2800. But now my wrist hurts when i use it as it's not as much movement, is this normal or should i bring back down my sense? i've put it to 2500 again but still the same problem. It's not too painful just really irritating

If you're playing a FPS game, usually there is in-game sens as well. Usually ranging from anywhere between 1-100. If you multiply in-game sens and dpi, it's commonly referred as edpi. For FPS it is recommended to have it lower than 5000edpi. But a lot of gamers have it around 3000 edpi. I personally use 4×800 in OW but I change it for different mechanical heroes. In the end its subjective and it will take some time to be comfortable with new sens. Don't be afraid to play around with it and to find a setting that best suits your comfort level. 

Also forearm vs wrist control is very different. If your mousepad space allows, try arm style aiming. It is challenging at first, but eventually it will become more natural.