Looking for best headphones under 200.

1 minute ago, TheNFactor said:

Yeah I just thought the black looks cool and is worth paying more for. 

whatever makes you happy i guess 

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

whatever makes you happy i guess 

Like how big is the difference on clarity and base? Is it worth reconsidering? 

1 minute ago, TheNFactor said:

Like how big is the difference on clarity and base? Is it worth reconsidering? 

the difference in sound is something that cant really be quantifiied in words and numbers its all about whether its what you think is worth it or not by hearing it yourself. sorry I cant be to helpful but. all i can say is the consensus is with these headphones is the higher the impedance the better the sound whether you thinl its worth it or not its on you. My typical reccomendation is just get the highest impedance you can run. if you have a music store around try and see if they have these and see if you can give them a listen. generally the 80 and 32 ohm versions are made for more mobile purposes where you dont have access to a tabletop amp. 

On 5/2/2019 at 4:14 PM, rice guru said:

The 6xx now cost $220 unfortunately and also basically require a nice amp

Honestly still totally worth it.

Do you have a possibility of trying out some headphones? For example a audiophile store near you?

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

31 minutes ago, food158 said:

This is not true in my experience, as they get loud enough without an amp.

they can get loud enough but not really reccomended if you want to get the best performance they can get. getting at least one of the $100 amps or a darkvoice or little dot mk. 2 is heavily recommend as they scale really well with amps especially tubes because they tube really well

6 minutes ago, vojta.pokorny said:

Honestly still totally worth it.

Do you have a possibility of trying out some headphones? For example a audiophile store near you?

agreed . always best to try out a headphone before buying. 

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

agreed . always best to try out a headphone before buying. 

Can you name a few stores? Because I don't think there are any near me. 

25 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

Can you name a few stores? Because I don't think there are any near me. 

I dont know where you live so naming stores might be useless.

17 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I dont know where you live so naming stores might be useless.

Yeah sorry, I'm really tired. The only stores that are near me only carry Sennheiser stuff, and stuff at the 100 and 1000 dollar price points, nothing in my range. Do you have any suggestions? 

10 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

Yeah sorry, I'm really tired. The only stores that are near me only carry Sennheiser stuff, and stuff at the 100 and 1000 dollar price points, nothing in my range. Doesn't really seem like an option.

27 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

Yeah sorry, I'm really tired. The only stores that are near me only carry Sennheiser stuff, and stuff at the 100 and 1000 dollar price points, nothing in my range. Do you have any suggestions? 

yeah nothing from me 58x's are massdrop exclusives. most you can do is do some sketchy stuff like asking on facebook market place and hope some strangers  have it will let you try it. but heavily not reccomended. and I really dont want anybody doing that

9 hours ago, rice guru said:

yeah nothing from me 58x's are massdrop exclusives. most you can do is do some sketchy stuff like asking on facebook market place and hope some strangers  have it will let you try it. but heavily not reccomended. and I really dont want anybody doing that

Yeah. I'll probably just stick to my plan as of now. 

2 hours ago, TheNFactor said:

Yeah. I'll probably just stick to my plan as of now. 

So are you buying 2 headphones and a mx3 ?

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

So are you buying 2 headphones and a mx3 ?

I might just get the DT 990 pro 250 ohm's idk. But I'll still get the mx3. 

23 hours ago, rice guru said:

they can get loud enough but not really reccomended if you want to get the best performance they can get. getting at least one of the $100 amps or a darkvoice or little dot mk. 2 is heavily recommend as they scale really well with amps especially tubes because they tube really well

If they get loud enough, then whats the point of providing more power.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

1 minute ago, food158 said:

If they get loud enough, then whats the point of providing more power.

typically no point but some headphones just straight up sound better with a good amp. some headphones like the m50x no affect really happens because either they are not very good or just that efficient. but some headphones just straight up sound better as all the frequencies are properly amped or just sound so much better with a tube. but thats just me . sure they can get loud enough but somethimes amps will just up the quality. I learned that form experience when I came from a e10k with my 990 which was loud enough  but when I upgraded my amp the bass got more precise and just became warmer and the soundstage got slightly wider and from listening to the 6xx on tubes and other amps all I can say is those cans almost require them.

of course though if your happy with how they sound and if its loud enough for you then your all good it''s your gear.