Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charbel1011

Top gaming keyboard?

Depends on what kind of keyboard you like, micro, full, with macro keys or not, if RGB is a thing and so on...

there simply isn't an all around 'best' keyboard, just different tastes.

I personally use a Corsair K70 LUX RGB with MX Browns and really appreciate it.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @4.7ghz  |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: Corsair RM850X 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: WD Black M.2 2280 500GB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk SSD Plus G26 480gb |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Depends on what kind of keyboard you like, micro, full, with macro keys or not, if RGB is a thing and so on...

there simply isn't an all around 'best' keyboard, just different tastes.

I personally use a Corsair K70 LUX RGB with MX Browns and really appreciate it.

I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER4B7YM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and im guessing same thing as yours? Worst purchase ever. the rgb keeps freezing and gives me 1 solid color. and the whole keyboard is freezing as well. I have to keep switching the bios button and sometimes that doesnt work either. i have to unplug and plug the usb cables. I tried a  lot of troubleshooting steps including reinstalling windows. I tried plugging in 3.1 usb didn't work either.

7 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER4B7YM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and im guessing same thing as yours? Worst purchase ever. the rgb keeps freezing and gives me 1 solid color. and the whole keyboard is freezing as well. I have to keep switching the bios button and sometimes that doesnt work either. i have to unplug and plug the usb cables. I tried a  lot of troubleshooting steps including reinstalling windows. I tried plugging in 3.1 usb didn't work either.

I personally would recommend the razer Blackwidow v2, solid keyboard 

PC Specs: Motherboard: H81M S2H   CPU: I7 4790   CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Aerocool Integrator 850W   Storage: 2 1TB HDD And 1 120GB SSD   Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

Future PC  Plans:  MSI Z97 Gaming

Basically anything from Logitech  I have had my G710 for over 5 years now and it looks the same as the day I got it minus a little dust. 

Also I believe @LinusTech still uses the same G710 that he has been using for years as well . Logitech makes long lasting durable products. I have had 3 keyboards in the past 13 years all were Logitech. My first was the G15, 510, 710.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-keyboards/g610-orion-keyboard.html

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-keyboards.html

its all preference. Hell, some people enjoy membrane keyboards for gaming.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler

4 hours ago, looking for a keyboard said:

Gaming keyboards arent that good, they usually have bad build quality. Get something like a ducky. But if youre dead set on getting a gaming keyboard then get something from cooler master

Was about to say that. First of all, ignore Corsair, Razer and Logitech suggestions. Then if you have to go gaming, look at CM. There is a good reason why CM is the only gaming manufacturer deemed worth looking at by the enthusiast community. If you really really really have to go all out on gaming, go something like CM MK 750. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I had 1 Roccat, 2 Razers and 4 different Ducky mechanical keyboards. I'd take either of the ducky keyboards over all others any time of the day.

I can not recommend Ducky enough. They have all Chery MX switches there are and you can get full size with Speed Silvers, which are currently my favourite switches, for around 100€ and TKL Versions with awesome RGB for about 120€. If you REALLY need the best RGB I recommend the Shine series from them, best RGB ever! But they are quite expensive at about 200€.

Also do not bother with Razer, the Green switches are ok, like the Chery Blues, but the rest is not good at all. My GF bought a Black Widow Chroma and the whole middle part of the RGB lighting broke after half a year.

My Setup:
Asus Strix RTX 2080
i7 8700k @4.9GHz - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z 3466
Asus Maximus X Hero
Samsung 840 PRO (Windows)
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (Games)
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (Stuff)
Seagate Expension Desk 4TB (Shadowplay and Backups)
Corsair RM-850X
ROG SWIFT PG258Q  240hz
G Pro Wireless / Divina S1 Pink
Ducky One 2 TKL RGB Speed Silver / Ducky One Pink & White