Powerline adapter not getting good speeds

asiancorruption

Alright so i just got new home internet from fido and I get 100mbs down and 10 up. I have a dlink powerline adapter (d-link dhp-309av) that i have now repurposed just for my laptop since i dont need the 2nd router in my room for my phone anymore. I get 60 on my phone and 90 with wifi on my laptop in my room. but connected directly thru powerline my laptop isnt getting more than ~22mpbs on speedtest. both the adapters are plugged into the wall and they've been in use for ~ 2 years and did fine. They're supposed to be rated up to 500mbs per second so im confused. I already hard reset them thru with the buttons too. Any suggestions? If i run my 5g wifi to my laptop will i be prone to lag spikes?

5 minutes ago, asiancorruption said:

Alright so i just got new home internet from fido and I get 100mbs down and 10 up. I have a dlink powerline adapter (d-link dhp-309av) that i have now repurposed just for my laptop since i dont need the 2nd router in my room for my phone anymore. I get 60 on my phone and 90 with wifi on my laptop in my room. but connected directly thru powerline my laptop isnt getting more than ~22mpbs on speedtest. both the adapters are plugged into the wall and they've been in use for ~ 2 years and did fine. They're supposed to be rated up to 500mbs per second so im confused. I already hard reset them thru with the buttons too. Any suggestions? If i run my 5g wifi to my laptop will i be prone to lag spikes?

test the adapters when they are both in the same room and see if things improve, if so its your wiring.

Some things that cause unwanted speed drops for powerline adapters.

Using power splitters, extension cables and/or surge protectors - no NOT plug any homeplug adapter in to these, make sure the homeplug adapter is plugged DIRECTLY in to the wall socket and nothing else.  This is mainly why pass-through homeplug adapters exist.

Biggest performance issues are generally due to surge protection causing interference.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply