Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beforston

Website Builder that exports source code?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, does anyone know of a software that allows me to build a website drag and drop style and export the websites source code?

Ideally It would be like square space or WordPress but I would be able to export the web page code (HTML/CSS/PHP). 

Drag and drop method you can only use for html code and css. I don't know how to drag and drop may work for php scripts, except few predefined actions maybe.

Word-style editing I know. Drag-and-drop requires something with existing elements/themes. I've seen this only with CMS builders like Wordpress and Blogger/Google Sites. Then there's SquareSpace which has code viewer.

NVU is the WYSIWYG open source HTML editor I've used in past.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/21/2019 at 12:17 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Word-style editing I know. Drag-and-drop requires something with existing elements/themes. I've seen this only with CMS builders like Wordpress and Blogger/Google Sites. Then there's SquareSpace which has code viewer.

NVU is the WYSIWYG open source HTML editor I've used in past.

I was just hoping to host a apache2 website without all the vulnerabilities and issues with hosting a WordPress site.

If you want a CMS, there are many more out there for PHP, that are more lightweight than WordPress. Some are even "flat-file"; those store the articles and such in files instead of databases, thus much easier to maintain. I don't have much experience with those though, so I can't specifically recommend one.