Do you watch LTT's videos?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch LTT's videos?

• YES
    • NO
    • SOMETIMES

4 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Perhaps you mean this one.

No. I mean all of them. I don't like him as a content creator. Period.

3 hours ago, corrado33 said:

*Cough cough cough cough*

"Selling out" is a common idiomatic pejorative expression for the compromising of a person's integrity, morality, authenticity, or principles in exchange for personal gain, such as money.[1] In terms of music or art, selling out is associated with attempts to tailor material to a mainstream or commercial audience.

*Cough cough cough cough*

Money vs. authenticity.... money vs. truthfulness..... money vs channel integrity. Looks like money won! And don't give me the "linus has to support his family." He was doing that just fine when LTT was like 8 people. He chose to hire a shit ton of people to produce more (and shittier) content. They've gone full sell out. No one trusts their reviews anymore, at least no one that also watches GN or Jayz. 

Their original core audience was techies. The audience they tailor to now is kids/non techies, because there are more of them on youtube than techies. 

Prime examples: Gaming bedroom Setup. Will techies find this interesting? No. It's something we've done a million times before. Will kids find this interesting? Heck yeah. Hot tub gaming setup.... will techies find this interesting? No... it's just a tv near a hot tub. Will kids find this interesting? Definitely. 

He hasn't compromised his integrity, morality or authenticity though. He still makes videos as he sees fit. He still critiques things, as he sees fit. It's not like he's telling you horrible products are awesome. So, no, he's in fact not selling out, regardless of how you're trying to define it.

It's shittier to you. Clearly lots of people love it. I don't understand what you're failing to comprehend about that. He wasn't making content solely for you.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:
5 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Perhaps you mean this one.

He improved.  When you compare today's videos vs. the old ones, he improved.  I actually watch almost all of his videos now.

Won’t visit often..

20 hours ago, drinklime said:

I understand it to mean you can change the setting in 30 seconds or less. So both of you are incorrect.

changing the setting in this example would be using the app which was the point of the video, so i was not incorrect. You might want to take another look at the video again, also please attempt to do device side changing of the dns server without the app in 30 seconds. Usually that's the time it'll take to type in the 2-4 lines and make the selections alone, not counting the time to get to that point in the settings

13 hours ago, Geography said:

The title says faster Wi-Fi in 30 seconds, but I can tell you that it will take longer than 30 seconds to get faster Wi-Fi (to download an app, change settings, watch the damn video, etc.).

I don't want to argue or nitpick, but for the sake of being informative to those considering using this solution, I have to disagree. While the downloading of the app is highly dependent o the internet connection, I can say for myself that I was able to download and install and enable this app in less than 30 seconds. The app is small and took maybe 2-3 seconds to download, another 5 to install, and then took about 10 seconds or so to open the first time. Once it was open, I hit the switch and it was on. I actually did this not long before the video came out.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

He hasn't compromised his integrity, morality or authenticity though. He still makes videos as he sees fit. He still critiques things, as he sees fit. It's not like he's telling you horrible products are awesome. So, no, he's in fact not selling out, regardless of how you're trying to define it.

It's shittier to you. Clearly lots of people love it. I don't understand what you're failing to comprehend about that. He wasn't making content solely for you.

So someone who clearly makes sponsored videos can be considered as authentic as someone who doesn't? Let me ask you this, if you had two people, one person who was paid by business A, and one person that was NOT paid by business A, who would you trust more to give an unbiased opinion? More importantly, if someone is paid to give a review, sure, they can say SOME bad things about it, but do that too many times and the company won't send them samples anymore. So exactly how honest do you think Linus is in his videos? 90% honesty... 10% keeping good business relationships? 80-20? 70...30? 50-50? I'd say their integrity has 100% been compromised. I don't trust anything I hear unless it comes from tarren's mouth, because his stuff is always super useful.

They have definitely compromised their authenticity. They used to be an authentic tech channel, now they're a media company that makes "tech" videos. Big difference. Think Jayz vs the verge on building computers (in an extreme example) Jayz is a tech channel, the verge is a media company. 

The very large majority of reasonable people here don't take LMG videos for truth. Most people (including many of the highest post count people here) say go elsewhere if you want truthful, unbiased content. They watch LMG as entertainment, not infotainment. 

5 hours ago, drinklime said:

Linus the message is clear, we don't want clickbat we want informative videos. Please take this into consideration especially given the fact that you ADMIT the Samsung Bedroom TV was sponsored, yet you chose a VESA mount and decided not to use it despite the fact that it is the proper way to install a flat screen TV at a raised height, this ensures safety and security. A curved back is very common on today's TV's and therefore it was an important aspect that you skipped entirely. I have posted instructions and they are available in the Home Theatre Section of the web site.

I've never seen someone so upset from someone choosing not to use a mount. It's not that big of a deal

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

13 hours ago, corrado33 said:

So someone who clearly makes sponsored videos can be considered as authentic as someone who doesn't? Let me ask you this, if you had two people, one person who was paid by business A, and one person that was NOT paid by business A, who would you trust more to give an unbiased opinion? More importantly, if someone is paid to give a review, sure, they can say SOME bad things about it, but do that too many times and the company won't send them samples anymore. So exactly how honest do you think Linus is in his videos? 90% honesty... 10% keeping good business relationships? 80-20? 70...30? 50-50? I'd say their integrity has 100% been compromised. I don't trust anything I hear unless it comes from tarren's mouth, because his stuff is always super useful.

They have definitely compromised their authenticity. They used to be an authentic tech channel, now they're a media company that makes "tech" videos. Big difference. Think Jayz vs the verge on building computers (in an extreme example) Jayz is a tech channel, the verge is a media company. 

The very large majority of reasonable people here don't take LMG videos for truth. Most people (including many of the highest post count people here) say go elsewhere if you want truthful, unbiased content. They watch LMG as entertainment, not infotainment. 

You think people aren't sponsored? Like Jayz2Cents? Cuz they are. Where do you think they get a lot of their funding from?

Guess what. Everyone has a biased opinion, in some form or fashion. You can't be human and not be slightly biased one way or the other.

Let's take the Samsung sponsor spot as an example. The gaming bedroom set up. How many times did he push Samsung's product? Not many. Most of it was just setting it up, showing what could be done. Sure, he mentioned a few features, as one would do on any product they were including. It really isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Post count has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the amount of time the person has spent on the forum. To think of it any other way is simply idiotic.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Only from the main channel for entertainment.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

It comes down to respect. We are not going to get information from an entertainment channel and visa versa. It has to be clear otherwise it is misleading

I watch LTT because of linus not info he reminds me of a 15 year old trying to play adult

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation. 

This topic is funny for me because I don't really know the old LTT, I saw a video long ago describing DVI and DP standards, that mentioned pins responsible for analog output and was much more thorough than most Youtube videos, but I didn't subscribe then. Few months ago I saw LTT studio tour with iJustine and thought that the way LMG do things is cool and since then I saw every new video plus many older ones, some were better than others, most I watch at 1,5 speed to get full chipmunk effect and more content in less time and the worst thing I could say is, some sponsored subject was a little less interesting than I'd like, but you can skip it no problem and I didn't feel I had to.