[POLL] Do you watch LTT's content?

Do you watch LTT's videos?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch LTT's videos?

• YES
    • NO
    • SOMETIMES

32 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure this was meant as a self aware joke. I mean come on, it was posted two months ago...

No, clickbait is when you add rainbow unicorns to the thumbnail and perform a voodoo rite of propitiation in a night of full moon.

See, I can have my own personal definition for words too!

/s

If that is clickbait, everything is clickbait. No video title or thumbnail is intended to make you NOT want to click the video. What headlines can be considered "stupid" is entirely subjective.

Also this is a sponsored video, it's clearly written in the first line of the description as it should be.

"

(on the Internet) content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page." Is the definition of clickbait.  Literally what that that video's title is doing plus the image.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Scarlet Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 CPU) | CPU Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX200 240GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING  | Case: Fractal Focus G | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Gigabyte FORCE K83 with Cherry MX Reds | MouseRazer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

"

(on the Internet) content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page." Is the definition of clickbait.  Literally what that that video's title is doing plus the image.

Then every link is clickbait, no exceptions.

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Then every link is clickbait, no exceptions.

Um no.  What it is saying is that when you do shit like this it is clickbait,

clickbait.PNG.2b5af001114e8db7cb4417a98de6838f.PNG

The above is simply to grab your attention.  Yes, they might have added more info in the description, but that would make 2/3s of this formula clickbait rather you like it or not.

When your sole purpose is to inform then you are not clickbait.   Wanna see what 0 clickbait looks like?

1428090516_notclickbait.PNG.a4c7e5eb0c1588c61b5607f092a0b81d.PNG
^This is information, not attention seeking.  What Steve does is not clickbait.  The title is telling me that he is going to tear down a Radeon VII and that they're using a graphite thermal pad.  The picture gives me an idea of what is going on, and the description adds information.  That is not clickbait.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Scarlet Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 CPU) | CPU Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX200 240GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING  | Case: Fractal Focus G | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Gigabyte FORCE K83 with Cherry MX Reds | MouseRazer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

I don't know much about the "advertising" part, but I do sense that "clickbait" is the modern norm of YT nowadays. Also, I don't feel the need to buy something when watching LTT videos.

Aside from the ad fight, I enjoy some of LTT's videos. I only watch his videos just for the entertainment rather than the information he gives. The WAN show was a great idea at the beginning, interesting topics, good information that I actually wanted to know. And now, it's not like it was. I will consider that they change the concept of the WAN show; make it more interactive for the viewers, gather ideas on how to improve LLT shows, chat about the next upcoming tech, etc. rather than to look for random information on the internet that, for some people, don't really care.

"Perfection is not the end, it's the beginning." 

[First Build] [About Me]

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

I think a lot of people take the "core audience" as the most important, and that's simply not true. The masses are more important, as they're providing most of the revenue. Your core audience can change over time. I also think most people take "core" and associate it with "original", which is simply incorrect.

*Cough cough cough cough*

"Selling out" is a common idiomatic pejorative expression for the compromising of a person's integrity, morality, authenticity, or principles in exchange for personal gain, such as money.[1] In terms of music or art, selling out is associated with attempts to tailor material to a mainstream or commercial audience.

Money vs. authenticity.... money vs. truthfulness..... money vs channel integrity. Looks like money won! And don't give me the "linus has to support his family." He was doing that just fine when LTT was like 8 people. He chose to hire a shit ton of people to produce more (and shittier) content. They've gone full sell out. No one trusts their reviews anymore, at least no one that also watches GN or Jayz. 

Their original core audience was techies. The audience they tailor to now is kids/non techies, because there are more of them on youtube than techies. 

Prime examples: Gaming bedroom Setup. Will techies find this interesting? No. It's something we've done a million times before. Will kids find this interesting? Heck yeah. Hot tub gaming setup.... will techies find this interesting? No... it's just a tv near a hot tub. Will kids find this interesting? Definitely. 

19 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Gaming bedroom Setup. Will techies find this interesting? No.

19 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Hot tub gaming setup.... will techies find this interesting? No

Wrong, you don't find it interesting, I was plenty entertained by it. Stop insisting that your own personal tastes are dominant in the overall judgement of quality of the LTT channel.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

50 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Um no.  What it is saying is that when you do shit like this it is clickbait,

clickbait.PNG.2b5af001114e8db7cb4417a98de6838f.PNG

The above is simply to grab your attention.  Yes, they might have added more info in the description, but that would make 2/3s of this formula clickbait rather you like it or not.

When your sole purpose is to inform then you are not clickbait.   Wanna see what 0 clickbait looks like?

1428090516_notclickbait.PNG.a4c7e5eb0c1588c61b5607f092a0b81d.PNG
^This is information, not attention seeking.  What Steve does is not clickbait.  The title is telling me that he is going to tear down a Radeon VII and that they're using a graphite thermal pad.  The picture gives me an idea of what is going on, and the description adds information.  That is not clickbait.

Except that video is more of an ad for a cloud gaming service. The "THE GAMING PC DAYS ARE NUMBERED" title is slightly clickbait but it does relate to the video topic, a cloud gaming setup that could be a replacement for some people.

And that is just how the youtube thing works, i'm ok with clickbait to an extent, except for when it goes too far like the mentioned RTX2060 video, there isn't any point of doing that crap if you can't find the video by searching for RTX 2060.

if GamersNexus (Steve) did some of the more exciting titles and thumbnails like JayzTwoCents and BitWit do, Steve's videos would be getting more views.

12 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Except that video is more of an ad for a cloud gaming service. The "THE GAMING PC DAYS ARE NUMBERED" title is slightly clickbait but it does relate to the video topic, a cloud gaming setup that could be a replacement for some people.

And that is just how the youtube thing works, i'm ok with clickbait to an extent, except for when it goes too far like the mentioned RTX2060 video, there isn't any point of doing that crap if you can't find the video by searching for RTX 2060.

if GamersNexus (Steve) did some of the more exciting titles and thumbnails like JayzTwoCents and BitWit do, Steve's videos would be getting more views.

Well, they do it with ones that aren't ads too.

1172080022_whataboutthis.PNG.0b5d0496281a6f662a3ecc63c4d88ae1.PNG

VashTheStampede 4.0:

Prince of Dark Rock:

There seems to be some confusion here.

Sponsored content is clearly labeled as such and I don't really know how to make it more clear. There should be no debate as to whether the "bedroom gaming" or "PCs days are numbered" videos were sponsored. They were and it was clearly disclosed. 

As for the rest of them, if it's not disclosed, it's not sponsored. Often manufacturers send us stuff but other times they don't. It doesn't affect our evaluation of the product. 

No hard-line tubing manufacturers sponsored our sleeper other than to send over a few bucks worth of tubing. We did glam footage of it because it looks cool lol. 

Hope this is more clear. 

I don't mind personal critique, and this thread can remain open as long as everyone refrains from personal attacks against other members.

Just make sure you keep that in mind. 

27 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Wrong, you don't find it interesting, I was plenty entertained by it. Stop insisting that your own personal tastes are dominant in the overall judgement of quality of the LTT channel.

You REALLY enjoyed watching someone install a TV? Man do I have a youtube channel for you!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW0Ko1FisB8OpqBm7gpJiHw

They even covered this topic!

Nobody who isn't a fanboy would enjoy watching linus and friends install a tv. It's boring, low effort content. Not to mention that in what... 3 weeks they have 2 videos that are "We install a gaming setup WHERE?" Is this a new series? Next linus and friends install a gaming setup IN YOUR SHOWER! Then IN YOUR FRIDGE!

I pretty much stopped recently, when they decided to fuck up the aspect ratio. Content quality has been on a long, slow decline anyway (the increasing production values don't really compensate for that).

Linus the message is clear, we don't want clickbat we want informative videos. Please take this into consideration especially given the fact that you ADMIT the Samsung Bedroom TV was sponsored, yet you chose a VESA mount and decided not to use it despite the fact that it is the proper way to install a flat screen TV at a raised height, this ensures safety and security. A curved back is very common on today's TV's and therefore it was an important aspect that you skipped entirely. I have posted instructions and they are available in the Home Theatre Section of the web site.

Honestly i watch most of the videos in the weekend, but honestly the only channel i'm not following any content for a while was tech linked, not because i wasn't liked but because every weekend i have soo much content to watch that i barely remember to watch them haha. I also love the "channel super fun" it's hilarious.

"... To see the world in a grain of sand

Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand

And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: Intel Core i7 6950X 4.GHz 1.219V Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X99-GAMING-G1-WIFI RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Chaser A71 Black Thermaltak PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1809 / OS Build: 17763.292)

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

4 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Perhaps you mean this one.

No. I mean all of them. I don't like him as a content creator. Period.

3 hours ago, corrado33 said:

"Selling out" is a common idiomatic pejorative expression for the compromising of a person's integrity, morality, authenticity, or principles in exchange for personal gain, such as money.[1] In terms of music or art, selling out is associated with attempts to tailor material to a mainstream or commercial audience.

Money vs. authenticity.... money vs. truthfulness..... money vs channel integrity. Looks like money won! And don't give me the "linus has to support his family." He was doing that just fine when LTT was like 8 people. He chose to hire a shit ton of people to produce more (and shittier) content. They've gone full sell out. No one trusts their reviews anymore, at least no one that also watches GN or Jayz. 

Their original core audience was techies. The audience they tailor to now is kids/non techies, because there are more of them on youtube than techies. 

Prime examples: Gaming bedroom Setup. Will techies find this interesting? No. It's something we've done a million times before. Will kids find this interesting? Heck yeah. Hot tub gaming setup.... will techies find this interesting? No... it's just a tv near a hot tub. Will kids find this interesting? Definitely. 

He hasn't compromised his integrity, morality or authenticity though. He still makes videos as he sees fit. He still critiques things, as he sees fit. It's not like he's telling you horrible products are awesome. So, no, he's in fact not selling out, regardless of how you're trying to define it.

It's shittier to you. Clearly lots of people love it. I don't understand what you're failing to comprehend about that. He wasn't making content solely for you.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:
5 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Perhaps you mean this one.

He improved.  When you compare today's videos vs. the old ones, he improved.  I actually watch almost all of his videos now.

BlankFace Says so.

20 hours ago, drinklime said:

I understand it to mean you can change the setting in 30 seconds or less. So both of you are incorrect.

changing the setting in this example would be using the app which was the point of the video, so i was not incorrect. You might want to take another look at the video again, also please attempt to do device side changing of the dns server without the app in 30 seconds. Usually that's the time it'll take to type in the 2-4 lines and make the selections alone, not counting the time to get to that point in the settings

13 hours ago, Geography said:

The title says faster Wi-Fi in 30 seconds, but I can tell you that it will take longer than 30 seconds to get faster Wi-Fi (to download an app, change settings, watch the damn video, etc.).

I don't want to argue or nitpick, but for the sake of being informative to those considering using this solution, I have to disagree. While the downloading of the app is highly dependent o the internet connection, I can say for myself that I was able to download and install and enable this app in less than 30 seconds. The app is small and took maybe 2-3 seconds to download, another 5 to install, and then took about 10 seconds or so to open the first time. Once it was open, I hit the switch and it was on. I actually did this not long before the video came out.

Okay so since i'm a business owner myself, I evaluate LTT based on whether I can trust them to be honest to their audience. I am almost completely okay with everything else as long as I can still trust LTT.

I am okay with clickbait titles.

I am okay with sponsor spots.

I am okay with distracting thumbnails.

I am okay with premium subscriptions.

And you know why?

What is LinusTechTips?

LinusTechTips is a Company

What do companies do?

They make money.

As a business owner the "if you can't beat em, join em" mentality is absolutely true here. If everyone is making clickbait titles, then LTT needs to as well.

Because of this, I am perfectly okay with LTT doing anything they need to in order to make money, with one sole exception.

My only exception to this rule is if I believe LTT has been "bought out" and is only doing something purely for the money. Remember all those people who bought bitconnect back in the day because questionable people on YouTube endorsed it? Yeah, I don't trust those people. As long as LTT is being loyal to their audience FIRST, they can have sponsor spots, clickbait titles, and whatever they want. The important thing to me is they are staying true to who their real customers are, us.

LTT has yet to strike me as a straight up sell out yet, and just because they do sponsor spots because they need to pay the rent and I can continue to enjoy free content does NOT make them a sell out. I don't even think LTT has ever even told anyone to straight up go buy a product now, they have always been relatively objective in their reviews. you don't even have to buy the products LTT endorses, you can just skip over the sponsor spots (as I have done) and continue watching your video.

Finally remember people, you can watch LTT for FREE. His show unlike TV, costs ZERO dollars. 30 years ago entertainment at this level would only be found on a TV show, but now you can login to your computer, get on the internet, and watch this content for the low low price of $0. Back then, this would be unimaginable.

If something is FREE, you have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. As the saying, beggars can't be choosers. If you don't like the direction LTT is going in, don't watch it. Simple as that.

The fact that people complain about LTT and their content says how entitled people are. If something is FREE, then you have no influence over how it works. If you paid for it then that's different, But since it costs you nothing. So stop complaining!

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

He hasn't compromised his integrity, morality or authenticity though. He still makes videos as he sees fit. He still critiques things, as he sees fit. It's not like he's telling you horrible products are awesome. So, no, he's in fact not selling out, regardless of how you're trying to define it.

It's shittier to you. Clearly lots of people love it. I don't understand what you're failing to comprehend about that. He wasn't making content solely for you.

So someone who clearly makes sponsored videos can be considered as authentic as someone who doesn't? Let me ask you this, if you had two people, one person who was paid by business A, and one person that was NOT paid by business A, who would you trust more to give an unbiased opinion? More importantly, if someone is paid to give a review, sure, they can say SOME bad things about it, but do that too many times and the company won't send them samples anymore. So exactly how honest do you think Linus is in his videos? 90% honesty... 10% keeping good business relationships? 80-20? 70...30? 50-50? I'd say their integrity has 100% been compromised. I don't trust anything I hear unless it comes from tarren's mouth, because his stuff is always super useful.

They have definitely compromised their authenticity. They used to be an authentic tech channel, now they're a media company that makes "tech" videos. Big difference. Think Jayz vs the verge on building computers (in an extreme example) Jayz is a tech channel, the verge is a media company. 

The very large majority of reasonable people here don't take LMG videos for truth. Most people (including many of the highest post count people here) say go elsewhere if you want truthful, unbiased content. They watch LMG as entertainment, not infotainment. 

5 hours ago, drinklime said:

Linus the message is clear, we don't want clickbat we want informative videos. Please take this into consideration especially given the fact that you ADMIT the Samsung Bedroom TV was sponsored, yet you chose a VESA mount and decided not to use it despite the fact that it is the proper way to install a flat screen TV at a raised height, this ensures safety and security. A curved back is very common on today's TV's and therefore it was an important aspect that you skipped entirely. I have posted instructions and they are available in the Home Theatre Section of the web site.

I've never seen someone so upset from someone choosing not to use a mount. It's not that big of a deal

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 GPU: AMD MSI RX580 MB:ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-Plus RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock AMD SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE MOUSE: Corsair M65 Pro RGB HEADSET: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Linux Ubuntu Rig CPU: Intel i3 6100 GPU: N/A MB: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H RAM: Crucial Ballistix 1x8gb DDR4 2400MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: N/A (8GB USB drive used for OS) HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda/500GB Seagate Barracudax2 PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: Corsair Spec-01 KB: Same as Main

MacBook Pro: Late 2016 with 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, i5 CPU.

13 hours ago, corrado33 said:

So someone who clearly makes sponsored videos can be considered as authentic as someone who doesn't? Let me ask you this, if you had two people, one person who was paid by business A, and one person that was NOT paid by business A, who would you trust more to give an unbiased opinion? More importantly, if someone is paid to give a review, sure, they can say SOME bad things about it, but do that too many times and the company won't send them samples anymore. So exactly how honest do you think Linus is in his videos? 90% honesty... 10% keeping good business relationships? 80-20? 70...30? 50-50? I'd say their integrity has 100% been compromised. I don't trust anything I hear unless it comes from tarren's mouth, because his stuff is always super useful.

They have definitely compromised their authenticity. They used to be an authentic tech channel, now they're a media company that makes "tech" videos. Big difference. Think Jayz vs the verge on building computers (in an extreme example) Jayz is a tech channel, the verge is a media company. 

The very large majority of reasonable people here don't take LMG videos for truth. Most people (including many of the highest post count people here) say go elsewhere if you want truthful, unbiased content. They watch LMG as entertainment, not infotainment. 

You think people aren't sponsored? Like Jayz2Cents? Cuz they are. Where do you think they get a lot of their funding from?

Guess what. Everyone has a biased opinion, in some form or fashion. You can't be human and not be slightly biased one way or the other.

Let's take the Samsung sponsor spot as an example. The gaming bedroom set up. How many times did he push Samsung's product? Not many. Most of it was just setting it up, showing what could be done. Sure, he mentioned a few features, as one would do on any product they were including. It really isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Post count has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the amount of time the person has spent on the forum. To think of it any other way is simply idiotic.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Only from the main channel for entertainment.

Project Diesel 4.0: Motherboard: Biostar Racing X470GT8 CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.8ghz  ▏CPU Cooler: 280mm Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB ▏GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 ▏RAM: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB White @2933mhz ▏Chassis: InWin 805  ▏PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand Gold 650W ▏Storage: Intel 760p 256gb NVME M.2 SSD + Inland 480GB SATA SSD + Toshiba X300 4TB HDD ▏OS: Windows 10 Pro 

Peripherals: Mice: Elecom HUGE Trackball wireless, Corsair M65 Pro white (PWM3360) ▏Keyboard: Tesoro Durandal G1N (Cherry Reds)  Monitor: AOC Agon AG322FCX 32' (VA, 1080p @144hz)AMP: Onkyo Integra A-817XD ▏DAC: Loxjie D10 (Red) ▏Speakers: Polk Audio TSi100 ▏Mike: Superlux E205U Headphones: Koss Pro4AAA Titanium and Creative Aurvana Live! 2 ▏Network hardware: TP-Link Archer C9 v.4 main router (with DD-WRT) + D-Link DIR-868L in AP mode (also with DD-WRT)

A/V setup (the "narrow theater"): TV: Samsung MU6100 55' 4k ▏ Receiver: Denon AVR-X2400H ▏ Speakers: Monitor Audio Bronze 6, Bronze Centre, Bronze FX, AAT Cube Rakt 12' subwoofer  ▏ Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb ▏ Laserdisc/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 (north-american version) Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

It comes down to respect. We are not going to get information from an entertainment channel and visa versa. It has to be clear otherwise it is misleading

I watch LTT because of linus not info he reminds me of a 15 year old trying to play adult

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation. 

This topic is funny for me because I don't really know the old LTT, I saw a video long ago describing DVI and DP standards, that mentioned pins responsible for analog output and was much more thorough than most Youtube videos, but I didn't subscribe then. Few months ago I saw LTT studio tour with iJustine and thought that the way LMG do things is cool and since then I saw every new video plus many older ones, some were better than others, most I watch at 1,5 speed to get full chipmunk effect and more content in less time and the worst thing I could say is, some sponsored subject was a little less interesting than I'd like, but you can skip it no problem and I didn't feel I had to.