Gaming laptop with acceptable battery life?

Looking into buying my first gaming laptop. The 3 main brands that stand out that have good performance and battery life are acer predator helios 300, razer blade 15, and some of the msi laptops. I dont really care about size or weight so would the razer or msi really be worth almost double the price of the helios? Or any other laptops someone would like to suggest?

8 minutes ago, orkid1989 said:

Looking into buying my first gaming laptop. The 3 main brands that stand out that have good performance and battery life are acer predator helios 300, razer blade 15, and some of the msi laptops. I dont really care about size or weight so would the razer or msi really be worth almost double the price of the helios? Or any other laptops someone would like to suggest?

get the gs 75 stealth

1 hour ago, orkid1989 said:

This is the best laptop in terms of sleekness, performance, and battery life

15 inch:

MSI GS65 or Alienware M15

17 inch:

MSI GS75

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

This is the best laptop in terms of sleekness, performance, and battery life

15 inch:

MSI GS65 or Alienware M15

17 inch:

MSI GS75

I was reading reviews on the msi laptops and it mostly seems good but some are saying poor quality control and customer service is sub par. But you like the alienware better then the razer? They are about the same price. Honestly haven't heard much about alienware in quite some time.

1 hour ago, orkid1989 said:

I was reading reviews on the msi laptops and it mostly seems good but some are saying poor quality control and customer service is sub par. But you like the alienware better then the razer? They are about the same price. Honestly haven't heard much about alienware in quite some time.

Well I have an MSI as well. I never have to deal with the crappy MSI Customer service because I bought it from HIDevolution, so I get the free life time tech support which is way better and they have excellent quality control so you don't need to worry about that.

Email donald@hidevolution.com and see if he can give you a small discount as he was my sales guy.

PS: Yes I like the Alienware more than the Razer, their quality is much better and IMO they look better although that can be subjective. They are also easier to sell in the future than Razer laptops if you ever wished to upgrade.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, orkid1989 said:

My gs series laptop has been exchanged 6 times now. Msi actually has pretty good customer support.

I've never experienced so many qc issues. Constant driver issues every time a windows update comes out. Their bios update procedure is archaic, their embedded controller that controls the fans has constant issues, God forbid you ever have to flash the ec as the process is super outdated has a high risk of bricking the laptop and is not covered under warranty.

Ultramale's experience is atypical as he has a gt75. The gt line seems to actually have average qc and adequate cooling.

Alienware has some decent models, research each model number first. Notebookcheck and notebookreview are good sources.

37 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

My gs series laptop has been exchanged 6 times now. Msi actually has pretty good customer support.

I've never experienced so many qc issues. Constant driver issues every time a windows update comes out. Their bios update procedure is archaic, their embedded controller that controls the fans has constant issues, God forbid you ever have to flash the ec as the process is super outdated has a high risk of bricking the laptop and is not covered under warranty.

Ultramale's experience is atypical as he has a gt75. The gt line seems to actually have average qc and adequate cooling.

Alienware has some decent models, research each model number first. Notebookcheck and notebookreview are good sources.

I dunno what you mean by the EC flashing process is very outdated.

Here are the instructions that I posted in this thread of how to do it: MSI GT75 TITAN Drivers (8th gen)

8 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

I dunno what you mean by the EC flashing process is very outdated.

Quite literally every other manafacturer has it rolled into their bios update or as a simple executable. Using a flashing utility is very outdated.

The only way they could make it more out of date and user unfriendly is if they made me remove an eprom, use my uv eraser to erase the chip, reprogram and reinstall.

Ps totally unnecessary to expand the instructions to over a page. Simple mentioning or linking the instructions would suffice to make your point.

7 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

Quite literally every other manafacturer has it rolled into their bios update or as a simple executable. Using a flashing utility is very outdated.

The only way they could make it more out of date and user unfriendly is if they made me remove an eprom, use my uv eraser to erase the chip, reprogram and reinstall.

Ps totally unnecessary to expand the instructions to over a page. Simple mentioning or linking the instructions would suffice to make your point.

Ah I get you now, yes you are right in that point every other manufacturer has the EC Firmware update along with the BIOS update.

I will edit my post to not include the instructions

So why the alienware m15 instead of the 15? Same for the m17? The non m editions seem cheaper and more expandability. Plus larger battery options. 

Location? Budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Location? Budget?

United states. St.louis missouri. And around $2,000 but budget is flexible 

2 hours ago, orkid1989 said:

United states. St.louis missouri. And around $2,000 but budget is flexible 

Might want a RTX laptop, however you want to wait for reviews

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128