LMG Website Glitch/Typo

TempestCatto

(I hope I'm posting this where it should go, wasn't sure how else to report this. Sorry)

Hey look at this, my first thread! lol okay, onto the issue.

I was just randomly scrolling through https://www.linusmediagroup.com/history/ and I noticed a weird text overlay thing happening. I took screen shots, they will be below. If you scroll down to Colton's employee description, it's his name with the word "manager" right behind it. If you highlight the text as if you're going to copy it, you can manipulate it to see either one.To note, I'm on Fire Fox, Adblock Plus turned off, Windows 7.

Edit: Happens with quite a few names!

colton manager.PNG

colton.PNG

manager.PNG

Similar glitches on Mac OS X Mojave on Safari 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I'm not LMG, but isn't that an old page that isn't linked from anywhere? They redesigned the site, and the old pages seem to still be there but not linked to.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not LMG, but isn't that an old page that isn't linked from anywhere? They redesigned the site, and the old pages seem to still be there but not linked to.

I found the site through a Google search, not sure if that affects anything.

10 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I found the site through a Google search, not sure if that affects anything.

I wouldn't imagine those to be updated, Colton's socials have been _cpotter for a good while.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Probably a bug from all the times @CPotter name was removed from the staff list whenever he got fired.

5 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wouldn't imagine those to be updated, Colton's socials have been _cpotter for a good while.

His twitter is @colton_potter

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

21 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Woops, should probably delete those. Thanks for the heads up!