Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Are existing forum url's reused over time?

Posted · Original PosterOP

pretty sure that was not the image i uploaded, and one of the image seems to be gone. i'm just curious, did some other user's image for replaced over my image?  meaning was my image url reallocated ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Intel i7 4790K (4.0 GHz) | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 2x8GB | Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB | Corsair RM 850W | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM | Logitech® Wireless Combo MK330 | Cooler Master HAF XM | Dell S2240L 60Hz 21.5 IPS | 

PCPartPicker 

Image URLs (and topics, etc) will never be reused, so it's likely that something else is going on.

The screenshot of the article is as it appears in the original copy on archive.org (https://web.archive.org/web/20151119092357/https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/484123-what-casual-friends-fan-dont-know-what-a-tech-community-does/)

The 403 forbidden part is a Twitter embed that was broken by the Jan 2016 upgrade. Most of the affected posts were fixed already, but yours looks to have been missed. I've fixed it for you now.

The SD and HD version bits don't appear to have had images at all pre-upgrade. Unfortunately, I can't find an archived copy from any time after the upgrade, so I can't check where that image might have been introduced. It wasn't edited in manually though, so I suspect it was another issue with the 2016 upgrade. Feel free to remove it from the post if you like.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic