CPU Getting So HOT! NEED HELP!

So i upgraded my old pc that I now use for streaming to a 7820x processor and a Gigabyte x299 Aorus Pro Motherboard. I used all of my other parts to complete this. Had to upgrade my ram just because.

My cpu is getting RIDICULOUSLY hot. Im talking 90 when i put it under full load in OBS. :( But it doesnt do it right at first. It will slowly make its way up there.  Im using my old H100i Corsair cooler on it which ive had for about 6 or 7 years. Before I go out and spend a lot of money i dont have what do you guys think could be the problem? Ive deduced it was probably the cooler working but not working enough. It was cooling a i7 4770k before but compared to the I77820 the 4770k is childplay as far as wattage.  Someone also mentioned it might be the power supply. Any truth to this? The power supply is the same amount of time old.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys! :3

Edit: Everything stock. No OCs Also sitting idle with nothing running and after being off all night im sitting idle at 30-31C but when i throw something at it, it climbs high in temp.  So it seems the like its working but cant work hard enough for the hard times.

Is the hoses and radiator hot? Can't seem to find how many watts the cooler has capacity off, not even at Corsairs site. But it should be good of dissipating about 150 W so it should be up to the task even with a 7820x if you don't overclock as that beast is rated for 140W.

nah, not the PSU.

Is the Pump of your H100i actually plugged in and working? You might wanna touch the tubing a little to feel it vibrating (-> Pump works).

Are fans also running at decent speeds?

Hows airflow in the system in general?

Also: Welcome to the forums :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

AIOs dependin on the quality usually only last from 5-10 years before they start massively affecting your temps. The PSU shouldn't be the issue as long as the 12v rail doesn't fluctuate too much, and usually the whole thing dies before you start getting those kind of issues.

8 minutes ago, T3chnopanda said:

So i upgraded my old pc that I now use for streaming to a 7820x processor and a Gigabyte x299 Aorus Pro Motherboard. I used all of my other parts to complete this. Had to upgrade my ram just because.

My cpu is getting RIDICULOUSLY hot. Im talking 90 when i put it under full load in OBS. :( But it doesnt do it right at first. It will slowly make its way up there.  Im using my old H100i Corsair cooler on it which ive had for about 6 or 7 years. Before I go out and spend a lot of money i dont have what do you guys think could be the problem? Ive deduced it was probably the cooler working but not working enough. It was cooling a i7 4770k before but compared to the I77820 the 4770k is childplay as far as wattage.  Someone also mentioned it might be the power supply. Any truth to this? The power supply is the same amount of time old.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys! :3

Your AIO might just be getting old. AIOs are great but they can stop working when they get old. I would replace it as it is most likely the problem. It might have still been holding on enough to cool the 4770 but with the 7820 being a hotter chip it would make it easier to notice.

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

22 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Is the hoses and radiator hot? Can't seem to find how many watts the cooler has capacity off, not even at Corsairs site. But it should be good of dissipating about 150 W so it should be up to the task even with a 7820x if you don't overclock as that beast is rated for 140W.

150 watts is rather low, considering that CoolerMaster rates the hyper 212 Evo at that. Also, you wouldn't really be able to find a rated tdp dissipation for a liquid cooler because it depends on too many variables. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just to cover all the bases, you did put new thermal paste on the cooler correct? The H100i will happily cool a 7820X if working correctly, I've had one on my 3820 with a TDP just 10 watts lower for many years now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

35 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

One of the hoses are hot. As for the cooler im not sure what the wattage is. Also everything is stock for me. No overclocking at all.  Do you think the age of the cooler could affect somthing?

36 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

nah, not the PSU.

Is the Pump of your H100i actually plugged in and working? You might wanna touch the tubing a little to feel it vibrating (-> Pump works).

Are fans also running at decent speeds?

Hows airflow in the system in general?

Also: Welcome to the forums :)

Everything is working fine. Eveything is plugged in a working. The airflow is good and when the temps get hot my fans go CRAZY so they are working. The airflow is good as far as i can tell. But now that you say something. It seems one of the the hoses is vibrating and the other doesnt seem to be. hmmm and thanks for the welcome :3

39 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Your AIO might just be getting old. AIOs are great but they can stop working when they get old. I would replace it as it is most likely the problem. It might have still been holding on enough to cool the 4770 but with the 7820 being a hotter chip it would make it easier to notice.

Yea thats what im thinking. Thanks for the input buddy :3

17 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Just to cover all the bases, you did put new thermal paste on the cooler correct? The H100i will happily cool a 7820X if working correctly, I've had one on my 3820 with a TDP just 10 watts lower for many years now.

Yes i reapplied like 3 times. Just to make sure. The first time seemed like a bit too much. had to pull it off again then did it again. But i agree witht that but with it being like 6 years old i was thinking maybe its time to be put to rest lol.  But also its so old that i didnt have the right screws to fasten it down. The headers that go into the motherboard were too long. SO i got headers from a newer corsair one and it allowed it to put enough pressure down on the cpu that it actually started working but not good enough. So maybe that model just insnt right for that cpu

Did you watch that video posted above where Jay had to lap his IHS because it wasn't completely flat which made for poor contact with the coldplate?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

On 1/16/2019 at 1:26 PM, nick name said:

Did you watch that video posted above where Jay had to lap his IHS because it wasn't completely flat which made for poor contact with the coldplate?  

Yes I did. Im a little scared to do that tho. hmm

10 minutes ago, T3chnopanda said:

Yes I did. Im a little scared to do that tho. hmm

Well it is harmless if you simply want to identify if you also suffer from the same problem.  Simple remove the CPU and clean the IHS and then spin the CPU on its IHS on a flat, smooth surface.  Preferably glass.  If it spins then that's bad.  If it doesn't spin then you don't have the problem.   

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case