Nvidia to launch GTX 1660 Ti; 1060 Replacement?

Go to solution Solved by poochyena,

I want my gtx 1234 ti

no, better, gtx 1337 ti for the most elite gamerz

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

not only nvidia, ifoan/ fall out/ battlefield and much more

shit all this industries should just go back to elementary school

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

Video cardz were the ones that claimed LTT, GN et al were getting kickbacks from vendors to visit booths at trade shows.

I'm certainly not going to defend that one. As far as leaks go regarding actual technology I think the site has a great track record.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

18 hours ago, poochyena said:

I want my gtx 1234 ti

no, better, gtx 1337 ti for the most elite gamerz

I think Nvidia makes the model number sound less elite on purpose.

They could name them RTX 2060 and GTX 2060 which would imply that there is only a minor difference BUT they don't want anybody to buy a 1660Ti instead of a RTX 2060.

For this reason they apply a shitty model number, so that only potential buyers, that are willing to do some extra research to get a better bang for the buck, would actually consider it. The customer that just walks in the store will get a RTX TWO THOUSAND series card.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, Taf the Ghost said:

At the same CUDA core count, a non-RT core Turing card should be identical for less power draw in nearly every game.

Yes, but they are not. That's my whole point. RTX2060 got 1920 where 'GTX1660Ti' only got 1536.

zNMYA0w.png

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I think 1660 Ti is not a replacement of the 1060, but instead the real name of the piece. 

The GTX series doens't follow an orderly manner to name the units, so it's not that odd the next GTX graphics cards goes by a random name like 1660 ti

Still, keep in mind it's both cheaper than the RTX 2660 and slower

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

So I just came across that article implying that the 1660 could be as powerful as the Titan X https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gtx-1660-ti-leaked-benchmarks-pricing,38630.html

Thoughts?

That would kinda make sense if the 1660 is supposed to be released at the 20 series/turing iteration level.  Making it about the same as the 1070 (being pascal) or maybe a smidge faster because it's a ti variant.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

Maxwell Titan X ._.

still a good performance target for a 60(/70) tier card, but I'd be super suprised if it's the Pascal Titan X ._.

I just assumed it was, because Pascal titan X is closer to 2070/1080ti territory.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Vega 56 with hbcc on is a better buy, on far cry 5 if you put all of the setings to the max and the resolution scale to 2.0 it will go way over 6g vram and this is at 1080p. Ark is also another game like this all maxed out resolution scale to the max and the 6g vram is full, starts to get alllocated to the ddr * ram and the game gets stuters and fps drops. So for 299£ vega 56 is a very good card to have.

Things got a little more confusing. I wanna see what would they come up in the future, maybe like future 3-5 years.

I really can't wait to see what they call the next lineup of cards in a couple of years.