Microsoft's next gen Xbox consoles are codename "Anaconda" and "Lockhart"

AlTech

anaconda is a virtual environment that is quiet popular within the coding/AI area. Why would a software company Microsoft choose this name is really puzzling.

6 minutes ago, GooDBoY920 said:

And maybe 120fps at 1080p if possible. There are many 4k TV which support 120Hz at 1080p.

Yeah maybe in some games like fps I guess. Would double check if it's actual 120Hz and not some interpolation. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Guys we have to ask the questions that really matter here like if Drake will be playing it? 

23 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Why are people pissed at names? Those are for development. Kinect was called Project Natal for Christ's sake. 

Yeah - I wouldn't even have a problem with it if they kept the Dev names - despite Nicki Minaj, Anaconda isn't a terrible product name.

Would people prefer "XBox 4" and "XBox 4.5" instead?

Anyway, looks good. I was originally going to upgrade from one One S to a One X, but I don't even have a 4K TV yet, so I may just wait for the new high end One X successor to come out.

Also, RIP Canadian pricing. The One X replacement will probably be $700-$800 CAD.

The One X is currently $600 regular price in Canada.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Would people prefer "XBox 4" and "XBox 4.5" instead?

I mean, I still don't know why they never adopted the 'XBOX 720' naming scheme, the 360 was such a smash.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Also, RIP Canadian pricing. The One X replacement will probably be $700-$800 CAD. 

I think here in Aus it will be a similar situation...

18 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I mean, I still don't know why they never adopted the 'XBOX 720' naming scheme, the 360 was such a smash.

I don't know - I think maybe they thought that continuing the "Degrees" theme would sound stupid (or confuse stupid people that can't do math).

18 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I think here in Aus it will be a similar situation...

Sounds about par for the course.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't know - I think maybe they thought that continuing the "Degrees" theme would sound stupid (or confuse stupid people that can't do math). 

They must think their core audience is really stupid because this generation they went back to One ?

5 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

They must think their core audience is really stupid because this generation they went back to One ?

They went from xbox "the first one" to 360 to 1 to 1 with suffixes. Tbh anything could be the next name, im hoping they go in the 360 direction but go with 69

8 hours ago, bbbbbbb99 said:

im hoping they go in the 360 direction but go with 69

Yeah... uh, good luck with that.

@AluminiumTech the xbox one x already runs at 4k60fps

i think they're going to focus more on higher graphics quality, such as high graphics for the premium and medium graphics for the lower spec, but we'll see

i like trains 🙂

17 minutes ago, ImplosiveNUTech said:

@AluminiumTech the xbox one x already runs at 4k60fps

To be fair, some of the 4K titles are rendered at a lower resolution and upscaled to 4K, though there are some that are native 4K @ 60 Hz.

17 minutes ago, ImplosiveNUTech said:

i think they're going to focus more on higher graphics quality, such as high graphics for the premium and medium graphics for the lower spec, but we'll see

Agreed. Personally I hope they focus on getting all games running at 1080/60 on the lower console and 4K/60 on the higher console. Once they can meet those requirements, then let's push the consoles to as high graphics as we can.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:57 PM, ZacoAttaco said:

I mean, granted, current gen Xbox One and PS4 don't handle digital downloads particularly well but also no one uses optical media for PC gaming anymore. I'd argue if it weren't for Steam and digital downloads, PC gaming would be no where near as popular as it is today. As long as prices for the digital store are reasonable and there is someway to play older backwards compatible titles, I'm fine with it.

Total bullshit! I refuse to download a program if it exists on physical media. I absolutely hate this trend of forcing digital download down our throats for everything from software to movies and TV shows. There is nothing good about it, the quality is inferior for movies and TV shows, and it only takes away control form the consumer. You're at the mercy of whatever corporation "sells" you their product digitally; they can take it down anytime they want and you're screwed. That game you paid $60 for? Well Microsoft decided to remove it from their online store meaning you can't use it anymore and you're out that 60 bucks. Why the hell should I pay full retail price for something that I will not actually own?

@Locutus494 I would also add that having the gaming console as a media centre as well is beneficial.

I think the next gen Xbox models should both include a 4K blu-ray drive. Sure, not everyone will use it - but it also doesn't cost much to include.

That also gives the devs the benefit of being able to use 4K Blu-Rays (Or BD-XL's, even though they're slightly different formatting wise) to store the games on. This will allow larger game file sizes, which is an inevitable trend anyway.

Personally, I prefer digital downloads when it comes to games, because it's vastly more convenient to manage - but that's a choice I've made. I would be displeased with having the choice taken away, even if I personally wouldn't buy them anyway.

do buy physical media for TV/Movies - I buy Blu-Rays for anything worth owning, and don't own a single digital movie because they're extremely restrictive with the DRM on digital movies.

Seriously Apple, give me two things:

1. Ability to play iTunes purchased movies from my Plex Server on any device (including non-Apple devices)

2. Optional Blu-Ray quality download (I'd rather download a 25GB movie file and down convert it as needed)

I do buy some music digitally, but Apple has excellent DRM free music selections (though - again, ability to download ALAC/Lossless would be really great, Apple).

34 minutes ago, Locutus494 said:

Total bullshit! I refuse to download a program if it exists on physical media. I absolutely hate this trend of forcing digital download down our throats for everything from software to movies and TV shows. There is nothing good about it, the quality is inferior for movies and TV shows, and it only takes away control form the consumer. You're at the mercy of whatever corporation "sells" you their product digitally; they can take it down anytime they want and you're screwed. That game you paid $60 for? Well Microsoft decided to remove it from their online store meaning you can't use it anymore and you're out that 60 bucks. Why the hell should I pay full retail price for something that I will not actually own? 

For PC Gaming specifically...I'd say you're in the minority. I get owning Blu-Rays and DVDs, I don't like using streaming services that are constantly removing and adding titles, I don't like the inconsistency there. And I understand the argument for 'not really owning digital content' but for PC games specifically I don't see that being an issue. Perhaps on console you're right, could be an issue at some stage but to be honest, it's something I'll personally have to wait and see. I haven't seen many cases where titles have been ripped from digital stores. It is a valid concern but I'd prefer the convenience of digital downloads over the potential benefits of physical media. I'm inline with @dalekphalm line of thinking, although I don't buy many TV Shows or Movies to begin with, I just record my favorite programs through the DVR, old school.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the App Store/Google Play is a great example of what you're talking about. Apps seem to be ripped from those stores fairly often and it is frustrating.

10 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

For PC Gaming specifically...I'd say you're in the minority. I get owning Blu-Rays and DVDs, I don't like using streaming services that are constantly removing and adding titles, I don't like the inconsistency there. And I understand the argument for 'not really owning digital content' but for PC games specifically I don't see that being an issue. Perhaps on console you're right, could be an issue at some stage but to be honest, it's something I'll personally have to wait and see. I haven't seen many cases where titles have been ripped from digital stores. It is a valid concern but I'd prefer the convenience of digital downloads over the potential benefits of physical media. I'm inline with @dalekphalm line of thinking, although I don't buy many TV Shows or Movies to begin with, I just record my favorite programs through the DVR, old school.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the App Store/Google Play is a great example of what you're talking about. Apps seem to be ripped from those stores fairly often and it is frustrating.

butt... if im right, if you still have it on a digital play store, they let you keep it and redownload it again

I may be wrong

✨FNIGE✨

20 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

butt... if im right, if you still have it on a digital play store, they let you keep it and redownload it again 

I may be wrong 

I'm not sure about that, on the App Store you can find some through your purchased but then you have the issue that some apps aren't supported on modern hardware or modern versions of iOS...

21 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

I may be wrong

In terms of Digital stores that I've used, including both XBox Store and Steam, even if they delist a game, you still own it and can redownload at any time.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:42 AM, Devin92 said:

anaconda is a virtual environment that is quiet popular within the coding/AI area. Why would a software company Microsoft choose this name is really puzzling.

I remember reading an article from some higher up at Xbox that they were interested in cloud gaming and supposedly working on their own type of service. I wonder if there is any relation here?

I read somewhere that one of the launch titles will be a new version of Fable and it'll be along the lines of the first game that was on the first ever X-Box.  I look forward to playing that on my high end PC while buying the new PS5 for all of the exclusive stuff ?

Maybe unpopular opinion, and this is coming from a life long Xbox owner, but I think PS has the better exclusives. Thinking of like Spider-Man or God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn. And since it looks like most if not all Xbox exclusives are going to start being available on PC as well I think my next console will be PS instead of Xbox.

13 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

I read somewhere that one of the launch titles will be a new version of Fable and it'll be along the lines of the first game that was on the first ever X-Box.  I look forward to playing that on my high end PC while buying the new PS5 for all of the exclusive stuff ?

Maybe unpopular opinion, and this is coming from a life long Xbox owner, but I think PS has the better exclusives. Thinking of like Spider-Man or God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn. And since it looks like most if not all Xbox exclusives are going to start being available on PC as well I think my next console will be PS instead of Xbox.

1 hour ago, subdistinction said:

this is coming from a life long Xbox owner, but I think PS has the better exclusives

I think this is widely accepted to be just how it is, X-Box fans cling to the "most powerful console" title but when there isn't anything on it that you cant play on your gaming PC whats the point? lol