I7 9700K Not Turbo Boosting?

Go to solution Solved by Yun4xGaming,

Ok Little Update, Problem is Solved!

Indeed Updating the BIOS Solved the Issue for me. It's Boosting as High as 4.6Ghz now!

I Updated the BIOS Using the Ez Flash 3 Functionality, go into the Bios and then use the Tool and it does it all for you. Thanks for the Help guys :)

So i just recently got my 9700K like about 2 days Ago but i've noticed that its not Turbo Boosting at all. It's staying at 3.6Ghz No matter what i do. I haven't Touched the BIOS and Double Checked that Speed Step and Intel Turbo Boost is Enabled. Motherboard is an ASUS Strix ROG Z390 Gaming-F. Here are Two pictures one on Idle Load and the Other one on Max Load using Prime95.

Idle:

IDLE.thumb.jpg.a5ec56ca92d0099294104e530724392a.jpg

Load:

LOAD.thumb.jpg.27ce66bc2e966c8ae282d52636f06af0.jpg

What's your power plan set to in windows?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, badreg said:

Try changing your power plan to Balanced.

Wouldn't the power plan be the maximum setting? Or is it already on that, I can't read German.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

8 minutes ago, badreg said:

Try changing your power plan to Balanced.

Didn't Work, still not Turboing :(

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Wouldn't the power plan be the maximum setting? Or is it already on that, I can't read German.

Yes it was at the Maximum Setting

1 minute ago, Yun4xGaming said:

Didn't Work, still not Turboing :(

Yes it was at the Maximum Setting

Maybe theres a BIOS update for your board. If so, that might be able to help. This sounds to me like a bug in the motherboard software.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Maybe theres a BIOS update for your board. If so, that might be able to help. This sounds to me like a bug in the motherboard software.

Ok, this might be too much to Ask but do you know a good Tutorial video for updating the Bios on the Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming??

1 minute ago, Yun4xGaming said:

Ok, this might be too much to Ask but do you know a good Tutorial video for updating the Bios on the Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming??

My Z390 motherboard is still in the mail, so I haven't had the chance to update one yet. You should be able to find something online that is "how to update asus motherboards" since I doubt there is videos or tutorials for a lot of the z390 mobos (at least for now).

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Ok Little Update, Problem is Solved!

Indeed Updating the BIOS Solved the Issue for me. It's Boosting as High as 4.6Ghz now!

I Updated the BIOS Using the Ez Flash 3 Functionality, go into the Bios and then use the Tool and it does it all for you. Thanks for the Help guys :)

• 5 months later...

I had this issue with my Asus Prime Z370A-II and an i7-9700K.  It turned out it just needed a BIOS update to version 0801.  Once updated I enabled the XMP I profile for the RAM and virtualisation (nothing CPU clock related touched) and it booted into windows running at 4.6GHz and turbo'ing as required.  Before the BIOS update it would not budge from 3.8GHz unless I overclocked it manually in the BIOS.

• 3 years later...

if you have an ASUS UEFI/BIOS there is a fairly easy solution to the problem. ASUS has individual BIOS firmware updates for each CPU made for your motherboard. Just go to the ASUS Download Center, search for your motherboard and click on "CPU / Memory Support". below you should be able to find your specific CPU's BIOS firmware. Download the firmware, transfer the two files from the zip folder onto a bootable USB. Flash the bootable usb like if it was a normal BIOS update. If it says you already have the latest BIOS update, just click update anyway.

I Hope it solved your problem.

Photo 1.png

Photo 2.png