The horror of finding a 1440p, 144Hz, IPS, GSYNC gaming monitor >=27" (pref curved)

sectorblack

Hi all,

I've been looking for weeks for the perfect monitor that has these specifications:

• 1440p
  • >120hz refresh
  • IPS
  • GSYNC
  • Low overal response time/input lag
  • Good colors
  • >=27"
  • Curved if possible

Looking at this forum I can see that the clear winner would be:
Acer Predator XB271HU

However, they are really hard to find and the one I can find (EU) is 749 euro. Which seems allot for only a 1440p 27"screen.
Is there anything on the market now, or coming out in the near future that can compete with the Acer?

OR should I give up the dream about getting a curved 1440p with all the bells and whistles?

Best regards

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&A=1&p=1

Thats a list of monitors that fit the criteria. Imo, give up on gsync and save a few dollars.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

You're surprised by the price tag? It's almost one Euro for every requirement you listed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I've recently acquired a 1080TI and have been wanting to get a new monitor. I've been stuck with TN monitors for ages now and my current one is a 24.5 Inch 1080p 240hz monitor with Gsync, so I basically already had the pleasure of experiencing the benefit of having Gsync. 

The question is though, I've been reading up a lot about that IPS has a lot of Backlight Bleeding issues and AHVA-IPS has somewhat worse colors than a regular IPS. So I'm rather confused on what to take or whether I might as well wait a few months on possibly new monitors?

I'd also hate having to sacrifice graphic settings to drive a 4k Monitor so that was out of the question, giving me the option between 1440p 16:9 or 21:9 . Now I'm not entirely sure how well my 1080TI will drive these resolutions (3440x1440) (2560x1440) under full settings but I'd at the very least want them to be 60+ Frames.

I've seen numerous monitors and I've seen that there are some really pretty monitors getting released soon for the Ultrawide portion. Like the ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ looked super pretty during CES. Yet I'm not sure I will ever be able to attain 200hz anyway on a 21:9 1440p in the forseeable future, maybe that future proofs it but then the question would be is the pricetag going to be worth it for the long haul. Seeing as 4k also might be somewhat complicated to use based on the distance I sit away from my monitor.
But stuff like Quantum Dot and HDR kind of sell me on it. But then again, do they really make it that much of a difference that they are worth it?

Or should I just settle for a 1440p 16:9 monitor? I've heard good things about ViewSonic XG2703-GS but I've recently read that they are discontinued and their new line-up are actually TN panels which is absurd to me. If the ViewSonic XG2703-GS is going to not run optimal and I want to swap it out for another model I might end up cycling between models that might have the same problems that I just traded in for.

I might seem a bit nitpicky, and I'm sorry about that. But I feel like after all these years I owe it to myself to finally get the best of the best. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind squeezing off some of the budget but if that isn't possible I'll just save up for it. Besides that something that'll last is even better. I feel Ultrawide most definitly will. But then, will my 1080TI be able to handle it without sacrificing too much.

End of the day, I still have a 1080P 240hz 16:9 monitor for competitive games and really old games. No doubt really old games would look somewhat better on 1440p but not that much with missing textures size.

what  about  for ViewSonic XG2703-GS? is  very  good  monitor;;  also Is there anything on the market now, or coming out in the near future  next  year i mean;

i dont  want  VA  panels  

did  you  read what i said';;'

I've recently acquired a 1080TI and have been wanting to get a new monitor. I've been stuck with TN monitors for ages now and my current one is a 24.5 Inch 1080p 240hz monitor with Gsync, so I basically already had the pleasure of experiencing the benefit of having Gsync. 

The question is though, I've been reading up a lot about that IPS has a lot of Backlight Bleeding issues and AHVA-IPS has somewhat worse colors than a regular IPS. So I'm rather confused on what to take or whether I might as well wait a few months on possibly new monitors?

I'd also hate having to sacrifice graphic settings to drive a 4k Monitor so that was out of the question, giving me the option between 1440p 16:9 or 21:9 . Now I'm not entirely sure how well my 1080TI will drive these resolutions (3440x1440) (2560x1440) under full settings but I'd at the very least want them to be 60+ Frames.

I've seen numerous monitors and I've seen that there are some really pretty monitors getting released soon for the Ultrawide portion. Like the ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ looked super pretty during CES. Yet I'm not sure I will ever be able to attain 200hz anyway on a 21:9 1440p in the forseeable future, maybe that future proofs it but then the question would be is the pricetag going to be worth it for the long haul. Seeing as 4k also might be somewhat complicated to use based on the distance I sit away from my monitor.
But stuff like Quantum Dot and HDR kind of sell me on it. But then again, do they really make it that much of a difference that they are worth it?

Or should I just settle for a 1440p 16:9 monitor? I've heard good things about ViewSonic XG2703-GS but I've recently read that they are discontinued and their new line-up are actually TN panels which is absurd to me. If the ViewSonic XG2703-GS is going to not run optimal and I want to swap it out for another model I might end up cycling between models that might have the same problems that I just traded in for.

I might seem a bit nitpicky, and I'm sorry about that. But I feel like after all these years I owe it to myself to finally get the best of the best. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind squeezing off some of the budget but if that isn't possible I'll just save up for it. Besides that something that'll last is even better. I feel Ultrawide most definitly will. But then, will my 1080TI be able to handle it without sacrificing too much.

End of the day, I still have a 1080P 240hz 16:9 monitor for competitive games and really old games. No doubt really old

47 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

750 Euro is about what I'd expect, considering it and the ASUS PG279Q are around $700-$800 USD. It's a high-end gaming branded monitor. It's going to be expensive.

I have a few of the Asus ones and I love them. Then again I am not as picky with displays as some when it comes to my PC. Now when it comes to my home entertainment... it better be TOP notch.

35 minutes ago, sectorblack said:

The question is though, I've been reading up a lot about that IPS has a lot of Backlight Bleeding issues and AHVA-IPS has somewhat worse colors than a regular IPS.

Backlight bleed is a manufacturing defect. The characteristic you're looking for is IPS  glow, which is only really a problem if you're viewing predominantly dark content in a dark room. As I tend to want to have my ambient lighting at a decent level so as to not ruin my eyes, I don't really notice this all that much. Besides, I also like to think it kind of heightens the contrast a little because the brightness perception of the black level goes down.

As for color accuracy, unless you're doing print work, I would argue it's almost a moot thing to worry about these days. TFT Central when they reviewed the ASUS PG279Q, an AHVA panel, after calibrating reported it getting better figures than some of Dell's UltraSharp brand of monitors as far as DeltaE is concerned. The UltraSharp brand is basically the monitor for professionals. And to rub salt into the assertion about color accuracy and panel type, the PG278Q, a TN panel, managed to score better accuracy.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Backlight bleed is a manufacturing defect. The characteristic you're looking for is IPS  glow, which is only really a problem if you're viewing predominantly dark content in a dark room. As I tend to want to have my ambient lighting at a decent level so as to not ruin my eyes, I don't really notice this all that much. Besides, I also like to think it kind of heightens the contrast a little because the brightness perception of the black level goes down.

As for color accuracy, unless you're doing print work, I would argue it's almost a moot thing to worry about these days. TFT Central when they reviewed the ASUS PG279Q, an AHVA panel, after calibrating reported it getting better figures than some of Dell's UltraSharp brand of monitors as far as DeltaE is concerned. The UltraSharp brand is basically the monitor for professionals. And to rub salt into the assertion about color accuracy and panel type, the PG278Q, a TN panel, managed to score better accuracy.

IPS panels are the mosy susceptible to BLB, its the lottery you play when purchasing one.

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

what  you mean  lottery? for  what  things? can  you  explain me  please?

7 minutes ago, sectorblack said:

what  you mean  lottery? for  what  things? can  you  explain me  please?

The chance of getting a decent product/fault free product, same as many hardware products i.e gpu (gpu lottery). Don't get me wrong it should not be a thing when you spend so much money on a item but..

15 minutes ago, sectorblack said:

what  problems  will  have one monitor??> when  you say  lottery??

I think you are missing the point, all panel types can have problems (VA/IPS/TN) but some are more prone to others. IPS have more chance of BLB / VA have more chance of ghosting/motion blur, the phrase lottery is used because it is just luck on what type of panel you will end up with (no issues/minor issues/major issues).

2 minutes ago, sectorblack said:

in  this  link that  you send me which are better  monitors?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&A=1&p=1

They are all good monitors but the most popular ones by far are..

Asus PG279Q ROG Swift

Acer XB271HU bmiprz

I have seen a lot more issues with Asus quality control than Acer on this panel but that is not to say Acer has also had its fair share.

Just now, Loxa said:

They are all good monitors but the most popular ones by far are..

Asus PG279Q ROG Swift

Acer XB271HU bmiprz

I have seen a lot more issues with Asus quality control than Acer on this panel but that is not to say Acer has also had its fair share.

The PG279Q is a fantastic 1440p boi.  I have three of them and they're really a joy to use.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"