The horror of finding a 1440p, 144Hz, IPS, GSYNC gaming monitor >=27" (pref curved)

sectorblack

For Gsync you cant go wrong with the acer or asus models however $600+ is to be expected...

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

On 12/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, sectorblack said:

I've recently acquired a 1080TI and have been wanting to get a new monitor. I've been stuck with TN monitors for ages now and my current one is a 24.5 Inch 1080p 240hz monitor with Gsync, so I basically already had the pleasure of experiencing the benefit of having Gsync. 

The question is though, I've been reading up a lot about that IPS has a lot of Backlight Bleeding issues and AHVA-IPS has somewhat worse colors than a regular IPS. So I'm rather confused on what to take or whether I might as well wait a few months on possibly new monitors?

Only way you going to get rid of BLB from IPS is one with FALD tech, that gets expensive though.

VA panels can have what is known as black smearing. 

Supposedly some newer panels are to drop sometime next year. 

1080Ti can drive 1440p fairly well, but depending on game, you may still have to go into settings to fine tune for higher fps.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

The ASUS PG279Q seems to have the worst quality control of these options. As with any model it’s decent enough if you get a good unit and on par with the others. But your odds of that are slightly lower, at least from user feedback I’ve seen.

– The XG2703-GS uses a different variant of the XB271HU‘s panel, but it is of a similar age and generation.

– Most XB271HUs are nicely calibrated and similar to the ViewSonic for overall image quality (and responsiveness). Some are not as well calibrated, gamma is too low regardless of OSD settings. That is what people will be referring to when they say colours aren’t as good. They aren’t, if you get one of those bad units. The AOC, ViewSonic and ASUS are more consistent with their calibration.

Given the above, any of these models can be good if you get a good unit. Performance is then similar and you’re splitting hairs trying to compare them. The ViewSonic and AOC are probably the most consistently good, however.

i saw some interesting monitors like the Viewsonic XG2703-GS, AOC Agon AG271QG and the Acer xb271hu.
Can you please recommend one of these or another monitor ? :)
I will only play games like fast shooters.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, sectorblack said:
i saw some interesting monitors like the Viewsonic XG2703-GS, AOC Agon AG271QG and the Acer xb271hu.
Can you please recommend one of these or another monitor ? :)
I will only play games like fast shooters.

Thanks in advance!

There has been a lot of good recommendations already in this thread, all the monitors you have choosen are good. Take a look at the tftcentral website for some more detailed information on the type of monitors you are looking at, a lot use the same panel type if the specific brand is not listed there.

If you only play FPS games then maybe it would be better to look in to a TN panel if you are worried about the varying quality of IPS/VA.

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

only for this  monitor  i havent seen  recommendation  for Viewsonic XG2703-GS, 

4 minutes ago, sectorblack said:

only for this  monitor  i havent seen  recommendation  for Viewsonic XG2703-GS

Even when you get recommendations from forum members it is always a good idea to google search companys who sell the item and look at some reviews/feedback, also look for professional reveiwers who maybe use high tech equipment to test response times and panel quality.

Research is invaluable.

14 minutes ago, sectorblack said:

where i can  find professional reveiwers ?

"tftcentral" would always be my first recommendation.

so  which  monitor to  buy  from these  3;

Viewsonic XG2703-GS,  AOC Agon AG271QG and the Acer xb271hu;

so  which  monitor to  buy  from these  3;

Viewsonic XG2703-GS,  AOC Agon AG271QG and the Acer xb271hu;