AMD Ryzen APUs and Netflix 4k?

Hendrics

So I just built up my new HTPC using a Ryzen 3 2200g paired with a Asrock B450M-HDV motherboard, both support 4k, UHD, and HDR, and can use it just great to watch 4k UHD YouTube videos, Ultra HD Blueray disks, etc... But not with Netflix

From reading previous posts, AMD has released drivers for discrete GPUs to support Playready 3.0 so you can stream Netflix in 4k (apparently its the only DRM management that Netflix uses)

Does anyone have any idea when AMD will release a driver for APUs that support Playready 3.0? Or does anyone know or have a similar setup that is currently working to stream on Netflix in 4k?

Cheers!

Spoiler

I believe that only Intel Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake support the specific 10-bit HEVC needed for Netflix 4k streaming, AMD APUs does not have proper support for it.

You'll need a discrete GPU (Pascal/Turing or AMD RX500 series/VEGA) in order to play 4k Netflix if you don't have the appropriated Intel iGPU.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Correct on both fronts. I saw that they added the support for discrete Radeon cards with update version 15.0.1 or something close to that. And I do know that you have to use Edge browser or Netflix App from the Windows 10 store to watch Netflix in 4k UHD 

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any news or updates on when AMD will develop drivers (Playready 3.0) for Vega 8 integrated graphics on their APUs. The latest news article I could find stated they were "working on it" - posted this question in the AMD community forums but haven't gotten a response as of yet. 

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12442/amd-plans-playready-3-support-for-polaris-and-vega-gpus-in-2018

My TV is a SmartTV so I can just use the TVs built in App to properly watch Netflix in 4k, but am just curious if anyone had some insight of when they would have support for it, or found some work around for doing this on an HTPC (with Ryzen APUs)

Cheers

Spoiler