Will AMD 1055t bottleneck 290x?

Can the AMD Phenom 2 x6 1055t 3.5ghz (oc) bottleneck a 290x?

It depends on the application/game. Some games use the CPU a lot more than others. Some games are only heavy on the GPU. So it kinda depends on the game.

yup you should think about upgrading your cpu later on 

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/147?vs=697

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You should be fine for most games out there. The most notable game that will be bottlenecked by that CPU would probably be World of Warcraft which hates AMD CPUs for some reason. 

You should be fine for now, but I would suggest getting a new CPU within a year to 18 months from now :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

You should be fine for most games out there. The most notable game that will be bottlenecked by that CPU would probably be World of Warcraft which hates AMD CPUs for some reason. 

or planetside... :(

that should change soon with the PS4 release hopefully.

I have a 1055T as well and haven't had much trouble running most of my games with my HD 7970. Crysis 3 will definitely say otherwise, but most other games are not as demanding.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

It will bottleneck, but it will still be very fast and you will have fun. Just buy the non-x version though...

As master Linus said, there is always going to be bottlenecks on your system, you can't avoid it, but you can help it by upgrading components, overclocking, etc.

Your Phenom with that OC, will be fine for the new GPU. However on the longer run, next year maybe, when new AMD and Intel CPUs hit the market you can upgrade for the better good.

Thanks guys for the replies. I appreciate your opinions :)

I will definitely upgrade my cpu next year but for now it's still a really good cpu and never had any trouble with it.

The difference running my 5870 or 5970 on my 1045T vice my i7-950 at 4.0ghz or my 4930k is huge. I could have other issues going on but i noticed a big difference. A core I5 would be a nice upgrade for your system, but the bigger question is why are you getting the 290x. Save that dough for a cpu upgrade and get a 290 (non x) instead. Good luck!

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

The thing is that I already bought the gpu and i am really happy with it. I just wanted to know if my cpu could be of a bottleneck.

I'm thinking of getting a 290 or a 280x and I usually run my 1055T at 4Ghz.

right now it will depend on the game. On some more than others.

With mantle, it shouldnt bottleneck. The problem is there are a lot of games that will not be supported, especially old ones. 

Idk if you have already the 290x, but i dont think it has much value against the r9 290

In my opinion it will cause a bottleneck. A few years back I had a 1090T at 4.2 GHz and a HD6970. After that I switched to the 980X and experienced quite a performance bump. I realized just how much my 1090T was holding back that card. Considering the fact that the 290X is 3x-4x times more powerful than the HD6970 I think that there will be a considerable bottleneck.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

or planetside... :(

that should change soon with the PS4 release hopefully.

the new performance update increases the number of threads used though?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

the new performance update increases the number of threads used though?

Yes, It did, I've seen a min of 30 fps now on my phenom.