Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

I'm old enough to say that each generation of tech has had a certain look for a reason, then they looked good but right now people want a cleaner look so this gen it changed

yea they are cleaner looking thats for sure.

Whenever I see your name, under this forum, I get excited for an update... Then I get let down. :o

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Whenever I see your name, under this forum, I get excited for an update... Then I get let down. :o

lol Il try to get one today. The reason why there havnt been ones is because ive been putting in time building it and had work.

Yeah maybe soon we'll have everything looking super clean then it'll switch to really extravagant.

lol Il try to get one today. The reason why there havnt been ones is because ive been putting in time building it and had work.

Fucking work... Gets in the way of everything...

Yeah maybe soon we'll have everything looking super clean then it'll switch to really extravagant.

Fucking work... Gets in the way of everything...

I like clean, always have. Enthusiast cases have always been that way for the most part. A good example is the Antec P180/P190.

Lol yea real working and house work. my to-do list never seems to get shorter.

I like clean, always have. Enthusiast cases have always been that was for the most part. A good example is the Antec P180/P190.

Lol yea real working and house work. my to-do list never seems to get shorter.

Yeah it's a very clean looking case.

My to-do list just gets bigger and bigger never shorter no matter how many things I cross off >.>

Noctua fans, sexiest brown color. ;)

You are right as right can be.

• 2 weeks later...

I am stacking an NH-D15 with the ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1. It's a thing of beauty.

Updates please!! <3

I'll see what I can do tonight maybe. I've been wanting to post but I've been busy.

I'll see what I can do tonight maybe. I've been wanting to post but I've been busy.

Life gets in the way of everything fun right?

Life gets in the way of everything fun right?

yes though idk if going through all those pics would really be considered all that fun.

Paint them Black with Plasti Dip. They look amazing

My Noctua's are you mad? Also theyre PBT so you would want to dye them not paint them.

yes though idk if going through all those pics would really be considered all that fun.

Well everything else then :P

Nice build you have going on there, shame you called it Anthrax ;)

Well everything else then :P

lol

Nice build you have going on there, shame you called it Anthrax ;)

My original desktop build is called Anthrax and thus all following have been. This is because my builds go through evolutionary stages rather than full rebuilds. This will likely be the first in a long time that once I get the pair of 880's the only think that might change for quite some time would be the hdds in RAID 10 array or if parts die or fail. this is because this is the first build in a long time that I just bought the exact parts that I knew would do the job instead of cutting corners when I saw a sale a different product other than the exact one I was looking for.

I mean there is no reason this build cant have a subtitle though. If you think you have a good one post it and ill tell you what I think.

z4LE1Gv.png

Set-Update #060: Almost forgot one, kidding :P| 2013.12.08

Applied the backlighting to my PB278Q using the same method that I started on the PA279Q. I also included a pic of the first layout I tried for the 4 monitors. Please check out Lighting It Up: Ambient Backlighting Done Right! Sub-Update: #3 to the rest of the pictures.

IMG_8609-f.jpg

IMG_8804-f.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

z4LE1Gv.png

Set-Update #060: Almost forgot one, kidding :P| 2013.12.08

Looking good. The back lighting on the monitors really does add something to it. Also very nice monitors. I want your set up.

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #061: Another look around, really? How much more can I really... Oooh what's that! | 2013.12.10

Just thought id give you guys another look around at the process ive made and how the individual projects have made it into the build.

IMG_8814-h.jpg

IMG_8829-h.jpg

IMG_8830-h.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Looking good. The back lighting on the monitors really does add something to it. Also very nice monitors. I want your set up.

It actually makes a huge different when your in dim/dark lighting. You no can has :P It took me quite a while to acquire all of those and almost just as long to finally get them all together.

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #062: A second motherboard emerges! | 2013.12.14

Thought I would treat you all to an unboxing and some close ups of the Sabertooth X79 that finally came from my second Advanced RMA. From the looks of it this actually seems the a retail refurbished board not what you normally expect to get from a RMA.

IMG_8847-h.jpg

IMG_8854-h.jpg

IMG_8863-h.jpg

IMG_8866-h.jpg

IMG_8877-h.jpg

IMG_8887-h.jpg

IMG_8899-h.jpg

IMG_8908-h.jpg

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #063: FINALLY! *dances around in circles* | 2013.12.23

Well the new Sabertooth X79 check out perfect (finally). Since I have already replaced this board for this build with the X79 Deluxe I am going to upgrade my HTPC/Server with it and my i7-3820. This will allow the Sabertooth X58 and i7-920 currently in there to take a nice long break. Well at least until I have time to repurpose those for something else. :P:D

IMG_9277-h.jpg

z4LE1Gv.png

Pre-Update #-01: Where it all started. | 2013.08.12

I thought I would show what my desktop was like before I undertook this. It was something simple that did its job as I was trying to avoid headaches.

IMG_5459-h.jpg

IMG_5460-h.jpg