Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Well, since you are only willing to buy from Amazon your choices are going to be even more limited.

If you can buy from somewhere else here's a Ducky Shine3 with red backlighting.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=503

and a TKL version

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=543

Unfortunately there are no Ducky keyboards on Amazon. By the way, I wonder why they haven't them? Amazon is quite a bit shop.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Unfortunately there are no Ducky keyboards on Amazon. By the way, I wonder why they haven't them? Amazon is quite a bit shop.

There are a few Shine3's sold on Amazon, but I don't see any with red backlighting.

There is a Ducky mini (60%) with Blue & Red backlighting.

http://www.amazon.com/Ducky-Mini-Backlit-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B00NB979F6/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=ASTWOKJNQL8NQ

Why do you have to get it from Amazon?  Do you have a gift card?

There are a few Shine3's sold on Amazon, but I don't see any with red backlighting.

There is a Ducky mini (60%) with Blue & Red backlighting.

http://www.amazon.com/Ducky-Mini-Backlit-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B00NB979F6/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=ASTWOKJNQL8NQ

Why do you have to get it from Amazon?  Do you have a gift card?

No. I live outside USA & I don't know how to shop online & I ask my friend when I need to purchase something & he says, he can only purchase from Amazon.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

No. I live outside USA & I don't know how to shop online & I ask my friend when I need to purchase something & he says, he can only purchase from Amazon.

I would ask him again and see if you can't talk him into trying somewhere that has a better selection.

NCIX carries Duckys.

Corsair Vengeance K70 seems good visually from these keyboards, but it's a bit pricey comparing to a sentey. So I think, I'm gonna stick with the a Sentey which has a better price & visually is also good.

The reason the K70 costs as much as it does is because:

• It uses a ton of aluminium rather than plastic
  • Corsair aim it at the Ducky/Filco level of pricing and 'quality'
  • Corsair just charge lots of monies for stuff. It's even more expensive in the UK, almost reaching US Topre prices (it's around $200-220 or £130 when it should be $100-150 or ~£60-90). As you can tell, the difference is huge in dollars.

I got my first mechanical keyboard today (Corsair K70) :)

It's so much better than my old keyboard

The reason the K70 costs as much as it does is because:

• It uses a ton of aluminium rather than plastic
  • Corsair aim it at the Ducky/Filco level of pricing and 'quality'
  • Corsair just charge lots of monies for stuff. It's even more expensive in the UK, almost reaching US Topre prices (it's around $200-220 or £130 when it should be $100-150 or ~£60-90). As you can tell, the difference is huge in dollars.

Actually the reason it costs as much as it does is because thats as much as corsair can reasonably charge while still selling the amount they want in the (gaming keyboard) market they are in.

They just extend the plate that the switches are snapped into. Usually this plate is powder coated steel in most keyboards. This means that they actually dont need to make the plastic casing making it potentially cheaper since its just a bent piece of aluminum.

They likely just aim for a low RMA rate. There have actually been quite a few issues with corsair boards in the past in a number of ways.

You have to be talking about the RGB because that would be and insane price for their normal boards.

Actually the reason it costs as much as it does is because thats as much as corsair can reasonably charge while still selling the amount they want in the (gaming keyboard) market they are in.

They just extend the plate that the switches are snapped into. Usually this plate is powder coated steel in most keyboards. This means that they actually dont need to make the plastic casing making it potentially cheaper since its just a bent piece of aluminum.

They likely just aim for a low RMA rate. There have actually been quite a few issues with corsair boards in the past in a number of ways.

You have to be talking about the RGB because that would be and insane price for their normal boards.

I'm not talking about the RGB board. Go to the UK version of Corsair's site and compare the prices to the US version. I can guarantee that the prices (although now not 1:1) are still hella expensive. Actually, I think I showed the prices a few (10?) pages back.

I'm not talking about the RGB board. Go to the UK version of Corsair's site and compare the prices to the US version. I can guarantee that the prices (although now not 1:1) are still hella expensive. Actually, I think I showed the prices a few (10?) pages back.

Things in other countries are rarely if ever price equivalent to the US so thats to be expected but there are ones on amazon UK for £103.99 £104.99 £109.99 http://goo.gl/r5fUAQ . The lowest right now would be roughly $170 USD. On amazon US they are anywhere from $109.99 to $169.99 http://goo.gl/3mgpF7 . Thats also not shopping around or including sales.

Awaiting the arrival of my Ducky YoTH, not too keen on Corsair RGB's as they don't come in Clears, or at the very least, Blacks....or Green. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Got a cheap CherryG80-3000 with ghetto greens (black spring, blue stem) in most places and some blacks and ghetto reds (black stem, blue spring) sprinkled about the keyboard for F keys and ctrl/alt etc

PCB mounts are fun.

Got a cheap CherryG80-3000 with ghetto greens (black spring, blue stem) in most places and some blacks and ghetto reds (black stem, blue spring) sprinkled about the keyboard for F keys and ctrl/alt etc

PCB mounts are fun.

I keep looking for a new G80-3000 in the light grey/beige color, but all I ever see for sale are the black ones.

PCB mounts are fun.

Easier to mod, right?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Awaiting the arrival of my Ducky YoTH, not too keen on Corsair RGB's as they don't come in Clears, or at the very least, Blacks....or Green. 

Is there a picture with a full shot of the YoTH anywhere?

The only one I have seen is that teaser picture on there FB page.

Is there a picture with a full shot of the YoTH anywhere?

The only one I have seen is that teaser picture on there FB page.

Not really......I've paid for it outright, sight unseen, simply because it's a 'Year Of The....' series keyboard. :wub:

I keep looking for a new G80-3000 in the light grey/beige color, but all I ever see for sale are the black ones.

Could always dismantle and spray paint to whatever colour you want. A bit of work though

Easier to mod, right?

Yup. I get so annoyed at the plates of the corsair keyboard (and most others but I'd like a corsair) not having gaps in the plate for taking apart the switches. Would love to customise the key switch layout of a k95 rgb without having to solder it all apart.

I'm just waiting for Teraset to send me an email that they are ready to ship the Ducky YoTH to me.

It will be my first YoT... keyboard and my God I look forward to it.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Really tempted in the YoTH seeing as I still love my YoTS, just dunno if it's worth the investment, my YoTS hasn't got as much use as i'd like (yay noisy blue switches at 4am...) and I don't want to shell out on a quieter switch that I do not enjoy as much when i have a 60% keyboard suited for that purpose already :/

Oh the decisions.... maybe if the YoTH came in a few other choices of switch, i'd like to have a green switch keyboard for example.

Maybe I should save my monies and get a keyboard that allows for easy changing of switches and go for a fully custom assortment of switches..... argh the choices, it hurts!

-snip-

Yup. I get so annoyed at the plates of the corsair keyboard (and most others but I'd like a corsair) not having gaps in the plate for taking apart the switches. Would love to customise the key switch layout of a k95 rgb without having to solder it all apart.

it wouldnt matter as they are backlight you would still have to desolder each and every LED.

Really tempted in the YoTH seeing as I still love my YoTS, just dunno if it's worth the investment, my YoTS hasn't got as much use as i'd like (yay noisy blue switches at 4am...) and I don't want to shell out on a quieter switch that I do not enjoy as much when i have a 60% keyboard suited for that purpose already :/

Oh the decisions.... maybe if the YoTH came in a few other choices of switch, i'd like to have a green switch keyboard for example.

FYI, the YoTH I've reserved is a Cherry MX Green model......waiting to see if Clear is available, if it is, I'd swap the MX Green for MX Clear. Typing this message on my KUL ES-87 Clear and it's a great experience. I already have three MX Green boards (Trigger, DS3, KBParadise V60 Mini), and only two Clear (the KUL and a Leopold FC660M), so I don't mind another.

it wouldnt matter as they are backlight you would still have to desolder each and every LED.

For a regular backlight switch yes but for the rgb one you can just pop off the top of the switch as the LED is in the switch. Just the plate is the issue.

Noob question but what is YoTH you guys are talking about

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Noob question but what is YoTH you guys are talking about

Ducky make "Year of the...." branded boards.

This one being Year of the Horse.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Ohhhh

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600