R9 380 best for gaming and video editing?

Hello once more to the people of the LinusTechTips forum.

I have recently started YouTube for a little hobby. And my current pc has a 4790k 32 gigs of ram and a gtx 660. I've been researching here and there to find that the R9 380 works best for sony vegas (Especially the 4 gig card). And I was wondering if getting a little more feed back could help me still. I have done only a few things after effects but the point is that I will still be doing a few things with AE. Would the R9 380 still be very good in this situation? And does the R9 380 out perform or do just as well as say gtx 960 in games? Any answer is appreciated  :)

I have recently started YouTube for a little hobby. And my current pc has a 4790k 32 gigs of ram and a gtx 660. I've been researching here and there to find that the R9 380 works best for sony vegas (Especially the 4 gig card). And I was wondering if getting a little more feed back could help me still. I have done only a few things after effects but the point is that I will still be doing a few things with AE. Would the R9 380 still be very good in this situation? And does the R9 380 out perform or do just as well as say gtx 960 in games? Any answer is appreciated  :)

MSI 4gb

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Well the R9 380 is my next card and after seeing a load of benchmark videos, it seems pretty confident in that it's just as good as a GTX 960 (and usually cheaper depending on your location) As for video-editing, i'm not too sure how it'd perform but any high-end GPU usually does a top job at it (which the 380 is pretty high-end)

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

Watch out with the word best without naming a price, best would be quad SLI titan X or whatever but seeing that you're not going over the top I'd say a 380 is indeed a better choise than the 960

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

Watch out with the word best without naming a price, best would be quad SLI titan X or whatever but seeing that you're not going over the top I'd say a 380 is indeed a better choise than the 960

Yeah sorry I forgot to mark my price range of $200-$250

the 4gb version of 390 coming soon if not wrong might be able to fit that in your budget if you are getting that.

But editing depends on what are you using it for. I don't know much but i believe some programs needs cuda and amd does not offer that.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3