SSD Help

Hey guys, so I bought a kingston 120GB SSD and im finding I run out of space really quick. I already have my OS installed onto my SSD but im wondering if you guys know of any good deals for canadians and also i would like to know how to setup the second SSD. Am i supposed to do something called Raid 0 or something like that. Help would be appreciated.

Hey guys, so I bought a kingston 120GB SSD and im finding I run out of space really quick. I already have my OS installed onto my SSD but im wondering if you guys know of any good deals for canadians and also i would like to know how to setup the second SSD. Am i supposed to do something called Raid 0 or something like that. Help would be appreciated.

You can set them up in raid but most people are just going to throw the drive into another sata point and have it as another system drive...assuming the SSD you have is your only storage drive a second SSD would become a D drive...if you have a hard drive and an SSD a second SSD be default would become an E drive.

Anyways look on Amazon tomorrow since its "cyber monday" 

Otherwise look at NCIX I think their black friday deal is still going on. Otherwise keep an eye on NCIX they have sales pretty much every week.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

You can set them up in raid but most people are just going to throw the drive into another sata point and have it as another system drive...assuming the SSD you have is your only storage drive a second SSD would become a D drive...if you have a hard drive and an SSD a second SSD be default would become an E drive.

Anyways look on Amazon tomorrow since its "cyber monday" 

Otherwise look at NCIX I think their black friday deal is still going on. Otherwise keep an eye on NCIX they have sales pretty much every week.

Oh ya thats the other thing. When i set up my SSD, it becaume a D drive because my HDD was already the C drive. Is that ok?

I feel ya, my system is 100% ssd, and i ran out of storage fast.  Mushkin has a great deal on a 512 gb ssd http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226689&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= ...if 120 gb kept you well till now, this should be fine, otherwise 1tb solutions for ssd's will run you into the 300$

Oh ya thats the other thing. When i set up my SSD, it becaume a D drive because my HDD was already the C drive. Is that ok?

lol yes its just an identifier some badly made games might throw a hissyfit over being installed on D but ive literally had 1 game in 6 years do that so dont worry about. I have a C, D, E and F drive lol

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Windows cant be installed on D it is always on c

Ya true, i meant it the other way around. My C drive is my SSD, and my HDD is my D drive

Ya true, i meant it the other way around. My C drive is my SSD, and my HDD is my D drive

A 120GB SSD as a boot drive is usually manageable as long as you limit the amount of programs that go on it. I have a 120GB Kingston that has my OS and a few core programs, and a 3TB HDD (need to update my sig) that has all my games, like 1TiB worth.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

A 120GB SSD as a boot drive is usually manageable as long as you limit the amount of programs that go on it. I have a 120GB Kingston that has my OS and a few core programs, and a 3TB HDD (need to update my sig) that has all my games, like 1TiB worth.

Ya i have all of my games on my HDD, but i have my OS, Autocad, Creo and Matlab on my SSD

Ya i have all of my games on my HDD, but i have my OS, Autocad, Creo and Matlab on my SSD

That'll be why. Not sure how storage intensive those programs are, but that's probably the reason.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I have 2x 850 evo pro 256gb in raid 0 and an m.2 950 evo pro 256gb and i have 1x seagate barracuda for my files..

And its true that it gets filled fast depends what you install , i have games covering my 850s and gta v witcher 3 bf harldine are data whores well they take alot of space..

Actually it can, but you have to do it in a stupid way to achieve it :P