Removing laptop stickers

Froger96

hey guys, what is the best way or removing stickers from my laptop, the big ones, without leaving residue.

thanks, josh

Peel them, then use isopropyl alcohol, hand sanitizer or cologne/perfume and a tissue or towel to remove the residue.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

There is a product called "Goo Gone" and others called "goof off" and things of that nature. They work great for residue. I have found that rubbing alcohol is pretty bad at removing this stuff and something like WD-40 works fairly well.

When in doubt, re-format.

We also use Goo Gone, great stuff!

Sometimes you can use the label you peel off to get the rest of the adhesive off.

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

Using a hair dryer to heat the label up a bit should make it much easier to remove and have less adhesive left on the laptop. A lot of times you can get all over the adhesive off and not have any to worry about cleaning up.

Clean any remaining adhesive with isopropyl alcohol, Goo Gone, or any other adhesive remover.

Last resort if nothing else works you can use gasoline but try the other suggestions here first. If nothing works though this definitely will. I use it to get tar off of cars sometimes and it helps to remove grease and sticky stuff when all else fails. Still though i wouldn't recommend it until you've tried everything else.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/