CPU Upgrade

Hi, i just want to know the perf. difference between my current Intel Core i5-4460, and a Core i7-5820K, and is it worth the Motherboard swap, RAM and in my situation, a new PSU.

EDIT: the reason im asking this question, is bcuz im getting a fair bit of stuttering in GTA V, and i thought the Core i5 might be a bottleneck in the system

Hi, i just want to know the perf. difference between my current Intel Core i5-4460, and a Core i7-5820K, and is it worth the Motherboard swap, RAM and in my situation, a new PSU.

You're asking us about whether it's worth it in your situation, but you're not giving us any info about your situation. Please tell us about what you use your computer for.

Sig under construction.

You're asking us about whether it's worth it in your situation, but you're not giving us any info about your situation. Please tell us about what you use your computer for.

I use my PC mainly for games like GTA V (1440P), CSGO (4K), and i might pick up BO3. I don't use my PC for any content creation at all.

I use my PC mainly for games like GTA V (1440P), CSGO (4K), and i might pick up BO3. I don't use my PC for any content creation at all.

Specs of your PC?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Stick with your Cpu then, there is absolutely no point in getting a 5820K just for games.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

Specs of your PC?

GTX 780 Ti, 1 TB HDD, 500W PSU, 8 GB RAM, CM Elite 311

GTX 780 Ti, 1 TB HDD, 500W PSU, 8 GB RAM, CM Elite 311

Damn. You won't need the 5820K, get a better PSU, (optional) a better case and an SSD.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Power supply is lacking among other things. I'd look at other hardware stuff, it's most likely not your CPU

My profile (my personal list of top gaming desktops under $1k)

Currently playing: NBA 2k16, Battlefield 4

I doubt your CPU is the problem. 

Damn. You won't need the 5820K, get a better PSU, (optional) a better case and an SSD.

Power supply is lacking among other things. I'd look at other hardware stuff, it's most likely not your CPU

Listen to these guys.

Hi.

I doubt your CPU is the problem. 

Listen to these guys.

ok, thx for the advice