My EK Predator 240...smells

So I have an unusual problem where my new EK Predator 240 smells pretty bad of rubber when I'm near my PC. It smelled when I unpacked it as well. It's the rubber tubing that smells, is this normal and will it get better in time?

I'd think it'd go away after a little while.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Doesn't sound "normal" for you to be able to smell it from that far away, but yes, rubber tubing smell does go away after a while. How long have you had it?

Doesn't sound "normal" for you to be able to smell it from that far away, but yes, rubber tubing smell does go away after a while. How long have you had it?

About 2 weeks, been running it for maybe 1 week.

About 2 weeks, been running it for maybe 1 week.

Hm... maybe consider changing the tubing, maybe get some PrimoChill on there. That's the stuff I use, doesn't smell at all. I guess EK had to cheap out on something, that predator 240 is very competitively priced after all.

Hm... maybe consider changing the tubing, maybe get some PrimoChill on there. That's the stuff I use, doesn't smell at all. I guess EK had to cheap out on something, that predator 240 is very competitively priced after all.

Guess I could, but that's alot of hassle for an AIO cooler that I purchased because I couldn't be bothered with a custom loop.

Guess I could, but that's alot of hassle for an AIO cooler that I purchased because I couldn't be bothered with a custom loop.

OK, funny idea, but you could try wiping it down with a cloth soaked in febreze. Not sure if that would work, but it's a common method to get the smell out of rubber floor mats in cars.

So I have an unusual problem where my new EK Predator 240 smells pretty bad of rubber when I'm near my PC. It smelled when I unpacked it as well. It's the rubber tubing that smells, is this normal and will it get better in time?

The smell will go away after a while.

BTW, the ZMT tubing that we use on the Predator is way higher in terms of quality compared to any PVC tubing  ;)

BTW, the ZMT tubing that we use on the Predator is way higher in terms of quality compared to any PVC tubing  ;)

Wow, I guess that makes the price even more impressive... :)  how about wiping it down with febreze or vinegar? Could that potentially work, or would it damage the tubing?

Wow, I guess that makes the price even more impressive... :)  how about wiping it down with febreze or vinegar? Could that potentially work, or would it damage the tubing?

I'm not sure I would put vinegar on it....even if I don't think it would damage the tubing.

Febreeze or some simple hand soap could work.