Windows 7/8 vs Windows 10

Rian

Hi guys, I was shopping online when I saw the windows 10 pro retailing 40 bucks more than windows 7 pro.

Question is why would anybody buy the 10 when it's free to upgrade from 7?

Hi guys, I was shopping online when I saw the windows 10 pro retailing 40 bucks more than windows 7 pro.

Who knows, it is very stupid.

Because some people don't realize that, or just want it to be simple.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It is WAY easier.  I HATE the idea of having to go through a upgrade process.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

idk.... seems stupid but ok...

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

It is WAY easier. I HATE the idea of having to go through a upgrade process.

It was pretty simple for me, I just click upgrade and clicked my way through the process. Took me less than 20 mins from 8.1 to 10

isn't it better to do a clean install than to do a upgrade?

In what way? I'm curious!

you always do a clean install of a new os if you want it mostly problem free

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

the upgrade is free, but it's just

windows 7/8 home  ---> windows 10 home

windows 7/8 ultimate ---> windows 10 pro

maybe it's for people who have windows 7/8 home, but want windows 10 pro.

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

If you buy Windows 10 retail and want to install it on a new PC (or do a mobo switch), you can do it no problem. But as far as I know, if you upgraded from 7/8 to 10 and want to move your OS to a new PC/mobo, you can't just install 10 directly, you have to install 7/8 with your original key, then upgrade back to 10.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Who knows, it is very stupid.

Because the upgrade period ended. And if you didn't have it before, or are building your pc from parts that don't neccessarily come with windows installed on the mobo. you gotta buy it dude. Chill

Shipping sucks

It was pretty simple for me, I just click upgrade and clicked my way through the process. Took me less than 20 mins from 8.1 to 10

Then you have to go through clean install if you wanna do it right, then you have to worry about the activation taking place correctly, and your previous OS activation isn't worth anything...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

i think i heard that some bits of your old windows installation can be left over because if you upgrade it doesn't format your drive and also since you can only upgrade until next year if something happens to your pc after the upgrade program is done and you have to reinstall windows you will no longer have the ability to upgrade back so you will be stuck on windows 7