If Zen really is pushed back to Q4 will you just go ahead and buy Intel?

Just want to start by pointing out the obvious that this thread is only for those holding out for Zen.

I'm moving to Romania from the US at the end of the year and selling both of my beloved rigs as traveling with them would just be a pain in the dick. I will ultimately have both an Intel/Nvidia and AMD build again. For the time being though, I'm only focused on one or the other. I was really set on building the highest possible end Zen rig at launch. I'm not waiting a whole year plus though.

Anyone else kinda dissapointed in this rumor?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Just want to start by pointing out the obvious that this thread is only for those holding out for Zen.

I'm moving to Romania from the US at the end of the year and selling both of my beloved rigs as traveling with them would just be a pain in the dick. I will ultimately have both an Intel/Nvidia and AMD build again. For the time being though, I'm only focused on one at the other. I was really set on building the highest possible end Zen rig at launch. I'm not waiting a whole year plus though.

Yes... yes I am, but I have a feeling intel will KILL zen once it's launched.

blackshades on

I'd buy intel anyways, amd is probably not going to make much of an impact in the market with zen, for all we know it could follow suit with the r9 300 series and just be rebrands/refreshes.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'd buy intel anyways, amd is probably not going to make much of an impact in the market with zen, for all we know it could follow suit with the r9 300 series and just be rebrands/refreshes.

Lol of course, and that's why I stated the question was for those who actually plan on buying and are waiting for Zen.

I'm moving to Romania from the US at the end of the year and selling both of my beloved rigs as traveling with them would just be a pain in the dick. I will ultimately have both an Intel/Nvidia and AMD build again. For the time being though, I'm only focused on one or the other. I was really set on building the highest possible end Zen rig at launch. I'm not waiting a whole year plus though.

Why would we wait even until 2016 for something that has performance similar to Haswell? Let alone 2017.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'll be disappointed in AMD if they do delay it(again), but I won't run out and get Intel(If anything I'll finally build a dual Opteron rig).

Fuck, you sure? I used to have a dual Opteron rig and it was hell. It was in the Athlon 64 days when things were more expensive but I went through Tyan Thunder boards like crazy. Those things were $900 each too.

Why would we wait even until 2016 for something that has performance similar to Haswell? Let alone 2017.

Well some of us have faith in AMD. They delievered with Fury imho as I'm a multi-GPau guy and they all three are amazing there. I believe Zen will be great too.

I'm not waiting on AMD. They gave themselves ample time and opportunity to win me and others back, but if they delay again, I'll just assume they're a lost cause and wait for someone else to jump in the game, because this is ridiculous. Besides, as soon as Zen releases, Intel will likely immediately come out with something that will demolish them all over again. Fuck that shit.

Fuck, you sure? I used to have a dual Opteron rig and it was hell. It was in the Athlon 64 days when things were more expensive but I went through Tyan Thunder boards like crazy. Those things were $900 each too.

Yep, I need a whackton of CPU power for my VM's, rendering, and Chrome use.

Yep, I need a whackton of CPU power for my VM's, rendering, and Chrome use.

Don't go bitch mode with two then. Quad Opteron is what you really need.

In the cpu market  intel just seems to dominate without even trying, they actually need at least one competitor (anti trust laws plus competition is good for us) but with the way things are going it might not be amd any more (assuming rumors are true), well I may favor intel products but an un-competitive market is not a good thing by any means.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Well some of us have faith in AMD. They delievered with Fury imho as I'm a multi-GPau guy and they all three are amazing there. I believe Zen will be great too.

They didn't deliver with anything, each of their current GPU and CPU were all completely overhyped, and they also lied about the R9 3** series as well.

PMSL

If still not available by next year, i'll buy Skylake. But hey both are upgrades over my FX-8320.

They didn't deliver with anything, each of their current GPU and CPU were all completely overhyped, and they also lied about the R9 3** series as well.

Lied about the 3xx? CPU wasn't overhyped from my memory, they said it would be better than the phenom's but they fucked that up lol. AMD are dead, Zen is being delayed because of the recent intel's but they won't make it in time to earn any money from it and that's why AMD is failing. The fact that they caused shit over the nano card recently too just shows how incompetent they are.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Lied about the 3xx? CPU wasn't overhyped from my memory, they said it would be better than the phenom's but they fucked that up lol. AMD are dead, Zen is being delayed because of the recent intel's but they won't make it in time to earn any money from it and that's why AMD is failing. The fact that they caused shit over the nano card recently too just shows how incompetent they are.

AMD said that the 3** series wasn't rebadges-it is. And the FX series was over hyped.

PMSL

AMD said that the 3** series wasn't rebadges-it is. And the FX series was over hyped.

We all knew it would be a refresh anyway just like intel did... oh wait... 

regardless, to answer the OP I'll probably just get a skylake build because by the time Zen is out Skylake will have matured and prices will have dropped. Unless AMD can pull it out the bag, sack Roy off and hire some real thinkers etc, AMD will die. If AMD die then say bye to Intel actually trying to push, from what I've seen skylake doesn't perform that much better than haswell, the laziness is already showing...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

We all knew it would be a refresh anyway just like intel did... oh wait... 

regardless, to answer the OP I'll probably just get a skylake build because by the time Zen is out Skylake will have matured and prices will have dropped. Unless AMD can pull it out the bag, sack Roy off and hire some real thinkers etc, AMD will die. If AMD die then say bye to Intel actually trying to push, from what I've seen skylake doesn't perform that much better than haswell, the laziness is already showing...

Intel actually called the refresh a refresh instead of lying to and missleading Customers. AMD did a rebadge, sold their old GPU as new ones with a changed architecture name (Eg. Hawaii>Grenada)-and proof of that is how easily a R9 290X 8GB can be flashed to an R9 390X, also you only need to look at the PCB. Stop trying to act like AMD can do nothing wrong-they've been doing a lot more shady things than Intel in the last few years.

PMSL

Intel actually called the refresh a refresh instead of lying to and missleading Customers. AMD did a rebadge, sold their old GPU as new ones with a changed architecture name (Eg. Hawaii>Grenada)-and proof of that is how easily a R9 290X 8GB can be flashed to an R9 390X, also you only need to look at the PCB. Stop trying to act like AMD can do nothing wrong-they've been doing a lot more shady things than Intel in the last few years.

That wasn't my point, and I'm not acting as though AMD can do no wrong either, I did however say intel are getting lazy and the evidence is plain to see.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

That wasn't my point, and I'm not acting as though AMD can do no wrong either, I did however say intel are getting lazy and the evidence is plain to see.

Not really, they are aiming for lower power consumption at the moment, with constant improvements in that area since AMD went full retard in 2011.

PMSL

Not really, they are aiming for lower power consumption at the moment, with constant improvements in that area since AMD went full retard in 2011.

I'd rather have more power and more clocks with all those tasty scores that the intels get when benching etc nom nom nom maybe Zen will deliver, but we won't know will we until 2017 and if they fail then, there will only be intel and they will stop trying.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I'd rather have more power and more clocks with all those tasty scores that the intels get when benching etc nom nom nom maybe Zen will deliver, but we won't know will we until 2017 and if they fail then, there will only be intel and they will stop trying.

You are being really incoherent.

PMSL

You are being really incoherent.

It's not you... its me... I just don't really care anymore Dabobminable... I think we should annoy other people.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

It's not you... its me... I just don't really care anymore Dabobminable... I think we should annoy other people.

I am not here to annoy people. Simple.

PMSL