My First PC Build

ThefryLord

Hey guys! I've been tweaking this build for over a month now and this is the latest version of it. Let me know if I need that water cooling unit, because I'm not sure yet. Let me know how good the power supply if too. Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Zalman LQ-315 Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Hard Drive: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

SSD:  Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card

Case: Enermax OSTROG ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor

Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse

-snip-

You don't really need a 750w for a 390. I've never knew Zalman made all in one coolers, if i were you I'd go with someone like NZXT, Coolermaster or Corsair.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

no need for 16GB's of ram for gaming and that speed is over the top. Go with a 2*4GB @1600MHz Ram kit or 1866MHz if it is just as cheap

other than that, looks good.

I'd recommend getting a 240mm aio if you're paying that much for a liquid cooler, something like the corsair h100i would be a great option if the case you get supports it.

I'd also recommend getting a samsung 850 evo ssd instead of the crucial bx100, and perhaps a different case as well so you can fit a larger AIO.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

no need for 16GB's of ram for gaming and that speed is over the top. Go with a 2*4GB @1600MHz Ram kit or 1866MHz if it is just as cheap

other than that, looks good.

How do you know he is planning on only gaming on it? What if he wants do run virtual machines or render videos on it too?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

How do you know he is planning on only gaming on it? What if he wants do run virtual machines or render videos on it too?

I never said that it was a gaming computer.

I said, there is "No need for 16GB's of ram  for gaming and that speed is over the top."

1. cooler: noctua u12s or corsair h60
  2. get an asus, msi, or asrock mobo. gigabyte doesn't allow you to set adaptive mode for your vring or cache ratio
  3. 8gb of ram is fine
  4. get an 850 evo ssd
  5. supernova nex is no good. get the g2 or gs series psu from evga
  6. get a 1ms and 144 hertz monitor instead

Hey guys! I've been tweaking this build for over a month now and this is the latest version of it. Let me know if I need that water cooling unit, because I'm not sure yet. Let me know how good the power supply if too. Thanks!

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

BigDay

H100i is great but I just plain prefer the NZXT Kraken x61 so just be patient and save up like 30$ more and get it instead of the Zalma, trust me you;ll be happy!

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

get a H80i

My friend lives in Indonesia :D

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

No offense but you picked the cheapest, most atrocious, plasticky and fakey gaming case out there!  Get an NZXT S340 for the same price but it is made of PURE FRIGGIN FORGED STEEL!  Legit the entire thing is completely steel for only like 60$!  Not to be confused with the NZXT H440

Edited by HumbleMobo

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40657838?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=24&adid=22222222227028147698&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=59880179769&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=93947071689&veh=sem

There is a black one too but this is legit the best case for the price.  I'd recommend an ancient CoolerMaster WaveForm before I'd recommend the Enermax OSTROG

No offense but you picked the cheapest, most atrocious, plasticky and fakey gaming case out there!  Get an NZXT S340 for the same price but it is made of PURE FRIGGIN FORGED STEEL!  Legit the entire thing is completely steel for only like 60$!  Not to be confused with the NZXT H440

I dunno.. I like the S340 but I've built in an Ostrog too, and it was a damn decent case. Very solid and a lot of room to use, especially for a 240 AIO like the H100. If you can get it in the $40-$50 price range it's a great deal.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

The S340 has a basement in it, a cable manageent bar so you don't have to fiddle with stupid grommets and SSD mounts plus you can put some BAD ASS led's underneath the case so you can have a sick under glow effect!

I dunno.. I like the S340 but I've built in an Ostrog too, and it was a damn decent case. Very solid and a lot of room to use, especially for a 240 AIO like the H100. If you can get it in the $40-$50 price range it's a great deal.

I know what your saying and IMO and no offense to you but those cases look like those really fake ones where they are like "Sthuper gaming computery thing!"  I just don't like it!  It just looks cool in pictures with the image and the cheap LED fans glowing.  Real companies either use their amazing fans and put LED's on them or you can just get BitFenix Spectre pros which are the best lookin' fans

No offense again but the inside of the OSTROG is atrocious!  There are just open spaces to shove cables through!  NZXT as a beautiful and slick cable management bar I just don't see why you wouldn't want the NZXT S340 it has everything an enthusiast could want at a budget friendly price!

PLEASE PLEASE Don't get the R9 390!  I can't stress enough how much better the GTX 970 is!  It is the same price but it's options and performance bet the R9 390 HELL even the gtx 960 beats the 390 and no just because you have a higher memory bus and more memory doesn't mean your card is faster because the 960 is just a bit faster and just on par with the 390 but with that money you could get a 970 which is exponentially better for the exact same price!  Plus if you ever get any Nvidia shield products you can use Nvidia game stream and stream the game from your PC powered by an Nvidia Graphics card to your Nvidia shield product!

I know what your saying and IMO and no offense to you but those cases look like those really fake ones where they are like "Sthuper gaming computery thing!"  I just don't like it!  It just looks cool in pictures with the image and the cheap LED fans glowing.  Real companies either use their amazing fans and put LED's on them or you can just get BitFenix Spectre pros which are the best lookin' fans

I agree, but you have to realize the Ostrog came out in like 2011ish. At the time it was great and fit the styling of the time. Now a days with things like the S340? Yeah the Ostrog isn't that great anymore.

But hey maybe the OP likes the look of it or the S340 is way more expensive in his area. Who knows.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Get rid of the optical drive you don't need it!  I almost never use the optical drive on any of my PC's because you have steam and every single movie ever is online as well as TV

I agree, but you have to realize the Ostrog came out in like 2011ish. At the time it was great and fit the styling of the time. Now a days with things like the S340? Yeah the Ostrog isn't that great anymore.

But hey maybe the OP likes the look of it or the S340 is way more expensive in his area. Who knows.

He wants it because there is an Ext. drive bay on it.  I bought a disc drive/writer combo before and I have never once used it lmao worst investment of my life but srsly you are totes right and thanks for not goin' all ham and bonkers balls to the walls rage mode salty as the dead sea on me for ripping the OSTROG to shreads lol :D

SNIP

Have you not seen benchmarks recently. The 390 is better than the 970

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Have you not seen benchmarks recently. The 390 is better than the 970

No

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-390-vs-GeForce-GTX-970

read this, where the R9 390 wins, is in areas that don't affect speed and when it does win it makes nearly no difference, the 970 is faster and beats out the 390 here.

No

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-390-vs-GeForce-GTX-970

read this, where the R9 390 wins, is in areas that don't affect speed and when it does win it makes nearly no difference, the 970 is faster and beats out the 390 here.

Ehhh GPU Boss is... like slime. Honestly in real benchmarks the 390 beats the 970 by as little as 2% or as much as 10% in a lot of scenarios. The 970 is good but the 390 has a bit more grunt. Now if you've got a good overclocking 970 it'll beat the 390 quite handily.

And seriously GPU Boss is worthless, it's a synthetic comparison and the website is heavily nVidia biased.