Have I chosen the right case and power supply for my build?

DrAdam

I'm gonna be completely honest here and say that I'm a virgin. A virgin in the art of PC building. *

I've never built a PC before, nor have I ever given the process a huge amount of thought.

However, it's gotten to the point where my prebuilt PC isn't doing me any favours, and I've been seeking an upgrade. I've assembled the parts that I've perused over in a list on PCpartpicker http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rpbxJx

What's troubling me is the fact that I have no idea whether the case is large enough to house all the components. It's also relevant to note I'm also considering this power supply as well, but I couldn't decide which was the better product.

I thought that, before taking the plunge and purchasing all the components, I should run it by some peeps who actually know what they're doing!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

*and irl as well *single teardrop*

It's fine but I would probably get a cheaper motherboard and get a SSD drive

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I have a very similar system and I'm ok with 650 watt PSU. And any midi tower case should be ok.

CPU: i7 4790k GPU: GTX 970 RAM: 2x8GB 1866 MHz Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Pro

cases are normally okay

BUT STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT PSU

GET A SEASONIC OR A GOOD EVGA OR A GOOD SUPER FLOWER

HX is a good quality PSU actually 

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

CX =/= HX

That's a big exaggeration, the HX,AX and RMi are actually good quality PSUs but everything else Corsair makes isn't that good

Setup

That's a big exaggeration, the HX,AX and RMi are actually good quality PSUs but everything else Corsair makes isn't that good

It's also relevant to note I'm also considering this power supply as well

That's a CX. But honestly, he's got money to blow, he can afford a good Seasonic.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

That's a CX. But honestly, he's got money to blow, he can afford a good Seasonic.

Oh nevermind I was looking at the Parts list

Setup

I'm gonna be completely honest here and say that I'm a virgin. A virgin in the art of PC building. *

I've never built a PC before, nor have I ever given the process a huge amount of thought.

However, it's gotten to the point where my prebuilt PC isn't doing me any favours, and I've been seeking an upgrade. I've assembled the parts that I've perused over in a list on PCpartpicker http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rpbxJx

What's troubling me is the fact that I have no idea whether the case is large enough to house all the components. It's also relevant to note I'm also considering this power supply as well, but I couldn't decide which was the better product.

I thought that, before taking the plunge and purchasing all the components, I should run it by some peeps who actually know what they're doing!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

*and irl as well *single teardrop*

Goof build :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||