Do you believe in different dimensions and the multiverse

Overkilled

You know different parallel universes that are based on different outcomes to ours that sort of stuff

You know different parallel universes that are based on different outcomes to ours that sort of stuff

It'd be naive to think we're the only universe.

Just like it'd be naive to think we're the only intelligent species.

I think it's interesting and it would be cool, but not sure. Maybe (Damn, did I just accidentally create 2 more universes??)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wouldn't it just have been easier to edit the thread you already made?

I have no reason to believe in muliple universes. The speculations we currently see are based on very theoretical math and extremely experimental cosmology.

However, I don't know if there exists universes outside of the one we reside in. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Wouldn't it just have been easier to edit the thread you already made?

I have no reason to believe in muliple universes. The speculations we currently see are based on very theoretical math and extremely experimental cosmology.

However, I don't know if there exists universes outside of the one we reside in. 

But there is another universe where you do believe in multiple universes :P

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I do think they're there. Many theories out there seem sound enough. It's certainly fascinating to talk and think about. It's on my list of things to ask when I die.

Now, that would be interesting.

From a purely mathematical perspective, multiple dimensions can exist. I cannot state one way or the other if we live in a reality consisting of multiverses as we have no way of knowing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

But there is another universe where you do believe in multiple universes :P

*Queue X-files theme*

But there would also be an infinite amount of universes wherein I don't believe in multiple universes.

And in the end, all of us will have a big Battle Royal and only one side will be victorious.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

*Queue X-files theme*

But there would also be an infinite amount of universes wherein I don't believe in multiple universes.

And in the end, all of us will have a big Battle Royal and only one side will be victorious.

YESH

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I don't know if in parallel universe's its the events that differ or the actual person for example in one universe I could have a completely different personality but in another it could be the action for example in another universe world war 2 didn't happen

I think there is a theory that goes something like this.

Imagine a physicist sitting in a chamber with a gun pointed directly at her head.

Every few seconds, the spin direction of a random particle in the room is measured. If the particle is spinning one direction then the gun goes off and the physicist dies. If the particle is spinning in the opposite direction, there's just a clicking sound and she survives

meanwhile, in a parallel universe

"AMD releases its new line of GPUs. not rebadges. beat nVidia flagship. Also, Star Citizen is close to release. Canadian youtuber Linus Sebastian fires his right arm Luke Lafreniere"

it's too hard to actually understand the magnitude of universes that would exist if there were one for each possibility. it's also kind of embarassing because even when i do things right, i know i did things wrong in another universe so i gotta feel sorry about the other poor me

I think there is a theory that goes something like this.

Imagine a physicist sitting in a chamber with a gun pointed directly at her head.

Every few seconds, the spin direction of a random particle in the room is measured. If the particle is spinning one direction then the gun goes off and the physicist dies. If the particle is spinning in the opposite direction, there's just a clicking sound and she survives

are you talking about Schrodinger's cat? it's kinda like what you said, except you measure a quantum superposition instead of a spin, and the physicist is both dead and alive simultaneously until Billy goes in the room to check how he's doing