Your run ins with boastful computer guys

asim1999

Just saw @Nicholas15 's thread and i can completely relate to him. Read the post i had in that thread for the 3 idiots in my class. Anyway, please feel free to post your expereinces with guys who think they have better rigs than you or act boastful for their overspending (e.g £2000 Alienware owns £1200 custom desktop).

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

we have a non techies thread

I feel like that thread goes way to off topic way to often.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

No this is different, these are guys that boast of their computers. That doesnt mean they are non-techies. That thread is about stories of people acting dumb with tech 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Some guy was calling me a peasant for saying that 1080p was enough for me and that I should be on 4K even though nothing can fully run it and that I should stop being poor and save up but not everyone wants to throw money at computer parts like he does.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Some guy was calling me a peasant for saying that 1080p was enough for me and that I should be on 4K even though nothing can fully run it and that I should stop being poor and save up but not everyone wants to through money at computer parts like he does.

Them rights there are sum morons. 

Never really had any... Don't know that many true techies, and those who I do know of I don't really talk to because they're the kind of cunts who use the term "dirty casuals" and think they're superior in every game they play. 

This is a completely different thread. 

a guy once bragged about having a best computer, here are the specs

2 GB ddr2

e8400

gt 210

i showd him my rig, he laughed about his being better. we did benchmarks and said i tricked him. too stubborn to realize his own stupidity

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Some guy was calling me a peasant for saying that 1080p was enough for me and that I should be on 4K even though nothing can fully run it and that I should stop being poor and save up but not everyone wants to throw money at computer parts like he does.

a guy once bragged about having a best computer, here are the specs

2 GB ddr2

e8400

gt 210

i showd him my rig, he laughed about his being better. we did benchmarks and said i tricked him. too stubborn to realize his own stupidity

Is it legal to kill idiots?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

People who boast about their Alienwares lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Is it legal to kill idiots?

im not saying we kill them, im saying we take off the safety labels off everything and just let the problem sort itself out

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

My friend with his lowest end 15" Retina MacBook Pro thinking that it will be about the same performance as the 6600k/R9 380 build I will soon be doing, because he says,' Oh, well, my laptop is more expensive, and allowing for the fact that laptops always are more than desktops, our computers will be equal in performance'. ...

And (I go to a private school that normally costs $19k USD/year, got in for free because academic bursary :3) I am always surrounded by people with their iPhone 6+es and their fancy $500 pens... The school is really good and there are some nice people, but there are also quite a few rich, posh, snobs.

Never really had any... Don't know that many true techies, and those who I do know of I don't really talk to because they're the kind of cunts who use the term "dirty casuals" and think they're superior in every game they play. 

This is a completely different thread. 

Technically, you're correct. My logic was that for someone to brag about overspending on mediocre gaming rigs they must be a non-techie. Anyone who knows anything about computers wouldn't be bragging, they'd be crying in the corner because they got ripped off. If you guys want this to be a separate thread, be my guest. It's not like the other thread stays on topic for longer than 5 posts anyway. Last I checked it was some tangent about programming batch files or something....

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Sure you can, just need 3 Titan X's :P

My neighbor was bragging about his shitty Cyberpower PC that apparently had 32 GB DDR5 RAM.... I kid u not... Like srsly.... DDR5...

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Technically, you're correct. My logic was that for someone to brag about overspending on mediocre gaming rigs they must be a non-techie. Anyone who knows anything about computers wouldn't be bragging, they'd be crying in the corner because they got ripped off. If you guys want this to be a separate thread, be my guest. It's not like the other thread stays on topic for longer than 5 posts anyway. Last I checked it was some tangent about programming batch files or something....

There are, however, those that think they know a lot about computers because they know how to build one and use one (many of those on this forum)... Which is why some people who are considered techies, also brag about their computer without knowing it's shit & overpriced or they're being arrogant. As demonstrated by Jayztwocents, a 5 year old can build a computer. 

Sure you can, just need 3 Titan X's :P

You actually can't past 2 way SLI you get no improvements in performance and just more headaches. SLI is still problematic so not even SLI Titan Xs can run AAA 60fps Ultra. And nothing is even close to running triple 4K monitors.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Have anybody who thinks building a PC is impossible? Show them this 8 minute video.

This will remove any doubt they have.

My friend with his lowest end 15" Retina MacBook Pro thinking that it will be about the same performance as the 6600k/R9 380 build I will soon be doing, because he says,' Oh, well, my laptop is more expensive, and allowing for the fact that laptops always are more than desktops, our computers will be equal in performance'. ...

And (I go to a private school that normally costs $19k USD/year, got in for free because academic bursary :3) I am always surrounded by people with their iPhone 6+es and their fancy $500 pens... The school is really good and there are some nice people, but there are also quite a few rich, posh, snobs.

380 and 6600k is not an optimal configuration. A cheaper i5 and a 390/390x will have much better bang for buck.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

380 and 6600k is not an optimal configuration. A cheaper i5 and a 390/390x will have much better bang for buck.

Who said I was just gaming? My gaming needs amount to CS:GO, some random steam games, and Minecraft.

in more on topic terms though, someone I know seems to think that a OEM PC with a GT720 will outperform FENrIR just because it was put together by a manufacturer and is therefore higher quality.. pssht..

Well yeah, if you have a bored under payed summer job person plugging in PCIe cables the game will run so much faster... DUH.

You actually can't past 2 way SLI you get no improvements in performance and just more headaches. SLI is still problematic so not even SLI Titan Xs can run AAA 60fps Ultra. And nothing is even close to running triple 4K monitors.

Ehm apparently you can

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/6032/3/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-sli--3-way-sli--4-way-sli-review-ongekende-prestaties!-benchmarks-alien-isolation

It's not in english but this is a trusted site. 

I don't have personal experience with 3-way Titan X sli (obviously) so i can't really verify it myself.

EDIT - Oh you meant that you just need two of them xD

Who said I was just gaming? My gaming needs amount to CS:GO, some random steam games, and Minecraft.

No one, I just tend to assume that because most people do build for gaming and those that don't usually don't get graphics cards as high end as 380s and overclock able CPUs.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

im not saying we kill them, im saying we take off the safety labels off everything and just let the problem sort itself out

You ARE 007 O_O

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)