Cortana for Android now available as a public beta

Article from Pocketnow

...it becomes a lot easier for Android users to get access, as Microsoft opens public beta testing of Cortana for Android.

Blog entry by Microsoft

Today, we’re pleased to make the beta of the Cortana app available to all Android phone users.

cortana-androidpublic.jpg

It's about time they make it available as a public beta.  I've been using the unfinished app since it was leaked out and have been depending on APKMirror for the updates, which was a bit of a hassle.  I hope Microsoft will improve Cortana's app launch speed.

Since we launched the closed beta, we’ve also made several improvements to the experience including the ability to set Cortana as the destination for the home button press. Now access to your personal digital assistant is just a button-press away.

Totally looking forward to that one.

Link to Cortana for Android beta program

And I just found out that it's not available here in Canada.
post-189101-0-24398600-1440460280_thumb.  
Bummer.  :(  :angry:

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Please no!

And surely if they're trying to get people to try it they should let people actually use it in countries outside of the mainlands of Western civilization!

Sig under construction.

I don't care how good this is but if I'm forced to use bing... 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I don't care how good this is but if I'm forced to use bing... 

I'm a Bing user so I got no complaints LOL  :D  :P

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Oh my God.... yeah, its totaly gonna DESTROY Google Now! :o

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Yes... because enough of my data wasn't already been collected! Score!

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

NOOOO as if Microsoft isnt collecting enough data of fucking PCs, now android? no way.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Please no!

And surely if they're trying to get people to try it they should let people actually use it in countries outside of the mainlands of Western civilization!

More options are a bad thing? Only on this site. 

And MS has such restrictions in place because they update Cortana not only for written language but spoken language too, and all the accents that different languages can have. So if they're gonna take their sweet time to roll it out but ensure its functional in whatever region its in, by all means they should. 

NOOOO as if Microsoft isnt collecting enough data of fucking PCs, now android? no way.

Implying that Google and Google Now don't ravage anything you have on your phone and store it already. 

Top kek. Baffling how its okay for one company to have carte blanche on your information but another is a big no no, all in the face of the Government (barring anything with encryption) has access to everything of yours always. 

Compatible with my Galaxy SIII, but not my Moto X 2013. Microsoft Logic at it's best right there.... Also not compatible with my Samsung Tab 2 7".

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Compatible with my Galaxy SIII, but not my Moto X 2013. Microsoft Logic at it's best right there.... Also not compatible with my Samsung Tab 2 7".

It's compatible with my Droid Turbo. Try getting the standalone apk?

One of the newest things about Windows and Microsoft is Cortana and it's not available in Canada >.>

It's compatible with my Droid Turbo. Try getting the standalone apk?

If you wouldn't mind downloading APK Extractor and uploading the APK to something like Google Drive, that'd be great, I can edit my original post with the link and say courtesy of @Daring

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

If you wouldn't mind downloading APK Extractor and uploading the APK to something like Google Drive, that'd be great, I can edit my original post with the link and say courtesy of @Daring

Someone on Android Central already uploaded the APK to Box, it's in the comments here.

Someone on Android Central already uploaded the APK to Box, it's in the comments here.

Ahh, thanks. Didn't realize it.

it doesnt seem to be as accurate as google now but then again it is in beta 

with bing?

I'm a Bing user so I got no complaints LOL  :D  :P

Did you lose a big bet?

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

As much as I love Cortana, I can't be like "Hey Cortana yadayadayada" and have it pull up what I want without having to open the app. I can easily do this with Google Now. All they have to do is implement this feature and I'm sold...

COMIC SANS

Because Google definitely won't collect any of your data! They definitely value your privacy!!

Please, they're all mining your data.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Because Google definitely won't collect any of your data! They definitely value your privacy!!

Please, they're all mining your data.

Mined harder than Bitcoin.

COMIC SANS

It's a combination with Google now and Siri tho.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Not compatible with my Galaxy SIII 4G, because fuck everything that isn't USA!! 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Not compatible with my Galaxy SIII 4G, because fuck everything that isn't USA!! 

Isn't that just how everything works? My GSIII is an SGH-I747 btw.