Niantic Labs (ex-Google) is becoming an independent company

patrick3027

https://plus.google.com/+Ingress/posts/GVvbYZzWyTT?utm_source=nl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150812-1&utm_content=P01

We're excited to share with you that Niantic Labs - the creator of Ingress and Field Trip - is becoming an independent company. You can read more about the announcement here. We’re looking forward to taking our unique blend of exploration and fun to even bigger audiences. More details coming soon.

To prevent any disruption in your gameplay, Google will transfer to Niantic Labs certain data that you agreed to share with Google for the Ingress app under the Google Privacy Policy, specifically gameplay information and your email address. Accordingly, we are providing you this notice that this information will transfer to Niantic Labs thirty days from August 12th, 2015.

If you do not wish to have this personal information transferred to Niantic Labs, please follow the steps at www.ingress.com/optout.

Please note that if you select “No” all your Ingress app data, including Achievement History, Game Progression and other Account information, will be deleted on or before September 11, 2015 and cannot be restored.

The name and contact information for the new company are as follows:

Niantic, Inc.
Email: [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Thank you,

The Google Team

Not much more to add; they were a Google company, now they are independent. Wasn't expecting this, given Ingress might help make Google Maps better.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I totally saw it coming. I'm just unsure how I feel about it at the moment.. Google had lots of things to offer Niantic. We'll see how it goes once Niantic is fully independent.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I fear Ingress will become ad-supported. Would be a shame, given how good the game is.

@patrick3027

Edit the title as it's Google not Googe.

OT: I don't know if this is a good thing or not as Google or Alphabet could like support them and help them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I fear Ingress will become ad-supported. Would be a shame, given how good the game is.

That or a couple other options right off the bat, like monthly subscription or micro transactions to cover costs.

That or a couple other options right off the bat, like monthly subscription or micro transactions to cover costs.

I don't this they will do subscriptions but they will be adding more advertising portals.

HTID

Found out it could go bad. Many Resistance agents, including myself, are getting spam emails from the Enlightened overlords (or whatever the hell they like to call themselves) saying that if we don't "fill out a form," our accounts are going to be automatically changed from Resistance to Enlightened. The form they link you to is the opt-out form that deletes your account on Sept. 11. It's absolute bullshit and beyond the point of wrong. I'm pissed about it, honestly.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I don't this they will do subscriptions but they will be adding more advertising portals.

That's pretty much a given statement there. 

Walmart sponsorship program - A new portal on every corner ... Every 3 miles ... Everywhere. 

Well that was fast...

This game is officially pay-to-win.