anyone have experience with cheap chinese Li-ion battery packs

Just looking to get a second battery for my d3200,  have been looking at genuine $89, generic but trusted brand $69 and ebay $18.

Anyone had them damage their camera or fail early, not hold charge or just be inferior in anyway?

Any other experiences with batteries, battery replacement packs like the battery grips?

Cheers

Moose

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Have you ever bought a SD card from ebay that claimed it was 128GB and got it and it was really 2GB but loaded with an alternate firmware that spoofed it? I have, and the D3200 is a nice camera and I'd atleast get the $69 dollar one. the $18 one may last only a few months before it's shot, prone to overheat, and just dangerous. Look at the Nvidia Shield tablet thing

Have you ever bought a SD card from ebay that claimed it was 128GB and got it and it was really 2GB but loaded with an alternate firmware that spoofed it? I have, and the D3200 is a nice camera and I'd atleast get the $69 dollar one. the $18 one may last only a few months before it's shot, prone to overheat, and just dangerous. Look at the Nvidia Shield tablet thing

I am leaning toward it, I am not a risk taker by nature and would feel more comfortable with genuine, but It's good to hear what other people have experienced.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am leaning toward it, I am not a risk taker by nature and would feel more comfortable with genuine, but It's good to hear what other people have experienced.

people are evil...

Every third party battery that I've had for my cameras have never lasted as long as a genuine battery per charge.

Just looking to get a second battery for my d3200,  have been looking at genuine $89, generic but trusted brand $69 and ebay $18.

Anyone had them damage their camera or fail early, not hold charge or just be inferior in anyway?

Any other experiences with batteries, battery replacement packs like the battery grips?

Cheers

Moose

I am using third party batteries in my sony A7, bought 2, use them daily, they have lasted just fine, and actually take more shots than the genuine sony one which is 5x the price

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am using third party batteries in my sony A7, bought 2, use them daily, they have lasted just fine, and actually take more shots than the genuine sony one which is 5x the price

Are they known brands (Inka, energiser, duracell etc) or are they non-branded generics of ebay?

BTW, thanks for the advice in the other thread,  I bought the 3200 (obviously) and have been awesome happy.

Are they known brands (Inka, energiser, duracell etc) or are they non-branded generics of ebay?

BTW, thanks for the advice in the other thread,  I bought the 3200 (obviously) and have been awesome happy.

The brand is DSTE but they are pretty generic, I imagine they are rebranded random chinese batteries

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've used them without issue plenty of times. I've also taken the risk and used cheap knockoff AC adapters and never had a problem.

I've used them without issue plenty of times. I've also taken the risk and used cheap knockoff AC adapters and never had a problem.

Anything that plugs into the wall I never EVER skimp on.

WATCH this video to see why

Anything that plugs into the wall I never EVER skimp

Usually my philosophy too, but this is now 4 years old - it predates me being able to afford stuff. It's outlasted my camera.

I have some Wasabi Power units and charger for my D5200. They have a very sharp "as soon as it drops below full it has like 20 pictures left" drain. But they take around the same number of pictures as the Nikon OEM. 

Im sure they wont last as long, but, mine have lasted for almost a year with no noticeable problems. 

They were like $30USD including charger for two on amazon. If you order from something like ebay....maybe consider amazon instead. At least then you have a decent return if it's fulfilled by amazon. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200