The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

Not a fan of the music but the video is very cool. :D I've neglected flying for the past few weeks pretty bad and forgot where I left off even, need to go back through this thread and find out because hopefully I put it down in a post.

Not a fan of the music but the video is very cool. :D I've neglected flying for the past few weeks pretty bad and forgot where I left off even, need to go back through this thread and find out because hopefully I put it down in a post.

I keep telling myself that I wanna be a pilot but then realise that I'm majoring in cyber security. >.<

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I keep telling myself that I wanna be a pilot but then realise that I'm majoring in cyber security. >.<

Could always do it on the side. :D

Wait, The Hanger? 

hanger_5.jpg

You mean Hangar? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Could always do it on the side. :D

Or just stick to Vatsim and my virtual ATPL LOL

Wait, The Hanger? 

You mean Hangar? 

I just realised it was spelt with an e. O.o

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Wait, The Hanger? 

You mean Hangar? 

Someone finally noticed. :D

Or just stick to Vatsim and my virtual ATPL LOL

But that's not nearly as awesome as flying an actual jetliner.

But that's not nearly as awesome as flying an actual jetliner.

That's true. Although, I'll need to study another 2 years to get into a real cockpit.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Caved in and got the Aerosim 787 addon.

If you're thinking of getting it, don't. It doesn't set climb thrust automatically at thrust reduction altitude and during climb, the autopilot redlines the engine at 106% N1. FMC doesn't work as well so no STARs and SIDs. All for the price of a PMDG 737. Just no.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

It doesn't look all that high quality either unless I'm looking at the wrong screenshots. But those problems can be fixed in the files for the aircraft, can't they?

It doesn't look all that high quality either unless I'm looking at the wrong screenshots. But those problems can be fixed in the files for the aircraft, can't they?

Yeah. Gotta wait for an update from Aerosim. But it just feels like a really rushed product.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Yeah. Gotta wait for an update from Aerosim. But it just feels like a really rushed product.

It looks like one. :/

It looks like one. :/

I really want a good 787 addon to fly. Not exactly PMDG level but simulated enough to use the FMC, STARs, SIDs and stuff. I know PMDG is working on the 747 v2 and are not interested in the 787 atm so I really hope there's a good addon in the future.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

I really want a good 787 addon to fly. Not exactly PMDG level but simulated enough to use the FMC, STARs, SIDs and stuff. I know PMDG is working on the 747 v2 and are not interested in the 787 atm so I really hope there's a good addon in the future.

I think there's a freeware version that's alright but I'd have to do some digging for it.

I think there's a freeware version that's alright but I'd have to do some digging for it.

If freeware is actually better than payware then something is terribly wrong already.

PMDG should do the 787 instead of rebooting the 747 again. D:

~~~SnapDragon~~~

If freeware is actually better than payware then something is terribly wrong already.

PMDG should do the 787 instead of rebooting the 747 again. D:

Well, there is a freeware 787, not sure of the quality though. I'll download it tonight and use it tomorrow when I'm awake and don't have a headache.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=42369113

Well, there is a freeware 787, not sure of the quality though. I'll download it tonight and use it tomorrow when I'm awake and don't have a headache.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=42369113

Oooo

The VC looks really nice.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Anyone excited for the coming dornier do228 by carenado ?

Processor: AMD FX-8320 @ 3Ghz  Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0  GPU: ZOTAC GTX 650Ti  RAM: 4GB G-skill Ripjaws HDD: Seagate 160GB+Seagate1TB.

Anyone excited for the coming dornier do228 by carenado ?

No because I can't buy it. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Don't fly a Cirrus like ever but for dual prop engine I would say the Electra is a very good contender.

In what and with what CPU do you have?

I have a G3258.

I have a G3258.

Probably FSX just being crap. What's the CPU/GPU usage?

• 3 weeks later...

829516f885a5e22e7fbf5f15c34d992a.jpg

Just went out of country. That's my ride. :D

Boeing 777-212ER with the Rolls Royce Trent 892 engine with registration 9V-SVO. That engine really PURRS from the cabin.

cab92fe6641e17559b5b88a342c17198.jpg

Boeing 747-400 with registration HS-TGP and Pratt & Whitney engines.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

4e06047282ef77160e36bf8432bd52d4.jpg

Boeing 787-9 with the General Electric GEnx engines. Not sure of the registration tho. First 787 I've seen irl

I recorded the takeoffs and landings. Will upload them onto youtube.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Update from PMDG on their 747v2:

pmdg_744PW_wingletdetail_1.jpg

Captains,

Two weeks ago I brought you an in depth preview of the attention to detailing encompassed in the virtual cockpit of the upcoming PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II.  Thank you for all the discussion and compliments- we have appreciated them!  The product is moving ever closer to beta testing, which of course is just doubling to seasonal pre-christmas torture on our beta testing team.  They are just itching to get their hands on the product and we are very close to letting them do just that!

Today I have an unusual middle-of-the-day update for you!  (Normally I seem to be making my updates around 2a for some reason... hmmmm...)

For the image cycle this week, I asked Jason to throw together a compilation of images that brought to mind the sorts of images you would see if you were out plane-spotting your local 747 enabled airfield.  What would you see?  I thought that these images, combined with a few in flight images to show some details, would give you a good taste of what you are in for with the Queen of the Skies II...

For starters, I think we can all admit that, when moving on the ground, the 747 has always had all the grace of an elephant in a swamp.  Slightly pudgy, sort of squat-ish, not quite ugly, but not beautiful either.  Get that 747 flying, however and suddenly she seems transformed into a sculpture of form and beauty that just sings magnificence.

Or at least, that is how **I** have always seen it.  Your mileage may vary.  hi.gif

I really want to get the 747v2 when they release it but is it really worth the 90 bucks... They retrofitted the cockpit with the 8i updates which is similar to the 777 but I'm still not sure if I will buy it.

On another note, they removed the 747 and MD-11 products from their store. Sad day. D:

~~~SnapDragon~~~