How do I kill Cortana?

ImGeorge

Title.

I have no plans to ever use it, I turned the feature off in settings and keep cancelling the process in task manager but she keeps re-appearing using 50-100MB ram whilst doing nothing. 

Unplug her life support and watch as she withers in agony and falls, defeated and dead, into the bottom of your PC. 

Works best with a windowed case.

I don't do signatures.

Open cortana, and tell her that you don't want her anymore.

I don't want to commune with an assistant called Cortana that sounds nothing like Cortana. One of the major flaws of W10.

Get her to love you for 3 games, then fight the Didact and she'll sacrifice herself for you (though they'll probably make you bring her back later).

In reality though, I don't think there is currently a simple way to remove her.

I don't want to commune with an assistant called Cortana that sounds nothing like Cortana. One of the major flaws of W10.

No rly

click on system setting and cartana

turn both off

wtf lol

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Get her to love you for 3 games, then fight the Didact and she'll sacrifice herself for you (though they'll probably make you bring her back later).

In reality though, I don't think there is currently a simple way to remove her.

You forgot the part where I get myself kidnapped then genetically altered thus becoming a super human :P

I'd like to kill Microsoft Edge.

it's quite a simple process:

rwKFsNq.png

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? :P

Yours untruely

TrueDerp

Click on Cortana's icon on the taskbar, click on notebook, enter settings and set all the sliders to off.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

just turn it off, and use it as Start menu search

Is it safe to assume 'Cortana' is the naming for the search function, regardless of whether or not the feature is turned on?

rWIbzwK.png

Is it safe to assume 'Cortana' is the naming for the search function, regardless of whether or not the feature is turned on?

rWIbzwK.png

yeah, Cortana just means Search. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

yeah, Cortana just means Search. 

Thanks, feel kinda stupid now. 

*snip*

yeah from what I understand Cortana is just the new name for the Windows Search service ... so I guess you could always go in Services and disable Windows search (or Cortana???) and see if that kills the process!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Actually if you change location, cortana won't work, since she's only available in the US

Right click on the task bar at the bottom and go to cortana. Then select hide. That's as close as I've gotten

You'll need to locate the service which controls this app and simply turn it off. I'm sure you should be able to isolate which one it is or simply do a Google search. Shutting off the service should prevent any future issues with Windows loading her into memory.

just tell her your with siri now she will soon kill her self 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW