980 ti brand recommendation

danielhowk

What a good brand for 980ti

Thinking between Asus strix and zotac Amp extreme 

is msi or evga any good?

The MSI 980ti had a solid recommendation from hardwarcanucks

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Zotac´s amp! extreme is a superior Card. Get it , enjoy it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well the Asus one will probably take a long time to get in stock due to some manufacturing error.

I heard allot of good stuff about the amp extreme, but keep in mind that it us a 3 slot card. So if you ever want to sli make sure you have enough space.

Evga generally has good cards plus good warranty, but if you get a superclocked one you will have a reference pcb.

Msi has custom pcb. Is very quite while staying cool. And I heard it is a good overclocker but don't quote me on that.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

MSI and Gigabyte are the better choices. I have the gigabyte one and it's very good and super quiet.

Well that depends on your fan curve and what game you are playing, but mine is generally not that quiet xD. But I still love mine. I play with a headset on anyway.

MSI and Gigabyte are the better choices. I have the gigabyte one and it's very good and super quiet.

Gigabyte has serious Quality Problems. The amount of coil whine G1´s here is ridiculous.

And both are slower than than amp! extreme before OC.

amp! extreme is very big and heavy which can cause Problems for some Cases/Boards though.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Gigabyte has serious Quality Problems. The amount of coil whine G1´s here is ridiculous.

And both are slower than than amp! extreme.

It is a triple slot card though which could get you in to trouble later on.

It is a triple slot card though which could get you in to trouble later on.

I never think about "later" I live now, i built now. If things dont fit in Future, i just buy new stuff.

And both are slower than than amp! extreme before OC.

amp! extreme is very big and heavy which can cause Problems for some Cases/Boards though.

I have no issue with mine.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

My G1 has no issues at all. No coil whine or whatever else. I don't care if it has a lower base clock, it definitely OCs just fine.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Sorry i should make it clear, im looking for a 980ti with good build on it components etc that will likely have no problems in the future

and im not doing any liquid cooling for the display card

only the original build in of the 980ti brands

My G1 has no issues at all. No coil whine or whatever else. I don't care if it has a lower base clock, it definitely OCs just fine.

I have no issue with mine.

Good to hear that.  :)

The Power of the G1 is without a doubt very good.

But it´s the Card i read the most negative about in case of coil whine and noise on LTT.

Sorry i should make it clear, im looking for a 980ti with good build on it components etc that will likely have no problems in the future

and im not doing any liquid cooling for the display card

only the original build in of the 980ti brands

Well I think I listed the pro's and con's of the cards you mentioned. Other then that it is a personal choice.

How was asus Strix like for the previous generation ? are they on par or better than the brands mentioned here ? 

How was asus Strix like for the previous generation ? are they on par or better than the brands mentioned here ? 

Previous Generations are not a good example. Quality and Performance Background changed a bit with the 980Ti´s.

is asus strix in comparison with all these graphic card mention up there?

My 980 ti sc acx 2.0 is great. I can hit 1500mhz core on most games and roughly 7700 on the memory. My stable oc is 1443 and 7400. Runs whisper quiet and under 70*C at 4k with a quiet fan curve.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

is asus strix in comparison with all these graphic card mention up there?

All 980Ti´s are very good and fast Cards.

Some are a bit faster some slower, but on a absolutly Highend level. No matter what Card you choose, you will have extreme Power.

But there is the Silicon Lottery which can be lucky for you or not.

There is no quaranty that you get a card that OC´s well or have no coil whine.

Since i own only the Zotac amp!extreme i can only tell you about my experience with this card.

I choosed it because i wanted absolutly highend without the OC Lottery and i got lucky, it boosts to 1418mhz instead of 1355mhz which is in the product description.

The Card is extreme fast, silent and cool

But its very heavy and extreme huge (3slots)

Just avoid the reference cooler like the plague. Its not adequate for the 980 ti, which is the hottest running GPU since the GTX 480.

All the non reference models seem to perform roughly the same, IE hotter and louder than what people are used to, but cool enough to avoid throttling the boost clock. The Strix seems to perform worst in terms of temps and the G1 in terms of noise, but peoples mileage may vary.

I would just go with whichever one looks the best to you.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB