Corsair K70 RGB vs Razer Blackwidow Chroma (Straw Poll included)

SubZeroFish

Hello!

Every vote is greatly appreciated:

http://strawpoll.me/5009740

If you want to reccomend another mechanical keyboard that I haven't listed, then please post here! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for helping me out with my decision.

I am sure you have seen this keyboard head to head before, but I haven't seen a post with a Straw Poll, this will give me and others a great understanding on which keyboard is best from what you guys reccomend.

Personally, I would like a keyboard that will last, so that I can confidently type on without thinking "I am pressing this key a lot, I hope it doesn't die!". A strong build and good quality switches are my top priority, but I am also a fan of RGB lights and customisation of the LEDs

Please express your honest opinions below, explanations of your choise will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading! Any input is appreciated!

why not make a poll here?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

why not make a poll here?

I did didn't I? At the top of my post.

I did didn't I? At the top of my post.

he meant a poll built into the OP.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Sorry, I didn't know that. I am new to the forums, came from Toms Hardware.

it's all good, Welcome to the Forums! :)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I have used the Razer switches, and they were not very nice to type on. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I have used the Razer switches, and they were not very nice to type on.

Gaming or general use? I appricate your opinion :)

Any specific reasons?

i have one and I love it to death. It is the best keyboard I have ever had.

I have had both the K70 RGB and a Black widow ultimate before they switched to razer switches, (it had MX browns)

In terms of gaming, both are comfortable to use all day / night for sure.  The spot your wrist sits on for WASD is a good angle on both keyboards IMO.

I think k70 is a bit sturdier for sure, but I really don't see any scenarios where you're gonna be smashing the shit out of it unless you have temper tantrums whilst playing games lol.  Both keyboards should last a really long time.

The lighting would be up to you on personal preference, I don't think either one has better lighting software, I have heard the Razer lighting software is a bit easier to use. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Gaming or general use? I appricate your opinion :)

I used them to type, they felt like cherry switches until the actuation point, then after that the switch felt brittle and squishy. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Any specific reasons?

Tbh, it sorta matters on personal opinion. I have the Blackwidow Chroma and prefer it. The colors are way better, the font is better (imo), the program for the lighting software is way easier to use on the BlackWidow. I really like the Razer switches, but that seems like a matter of opinion. The K70 has a wrist rest (I believe that's what it's called?) that some people can't use a keyboard without, but I don't like it. 

Do note, a lot of people here dislike Razer so their opinions of them are exaggerated quite a bit, and Linus prefers Corsair which sorta adds to it. Just my opinion...

i have one and I love it to death. It is the best keyboard I have ever had.

My main concern about the Blackwidow is it's durability, and the feel of the keys. Do you prefer it to other keys you have used? Also do you type regularly on it?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but your answers are very valuable to my decision.

Also I must say, I am getting much more help then expected. So thank you, I really appricate it :)

I have had both the K70 RGB and a Black widow ultimate before they switched to razer switches, (it had MX browns)

In terms of gaming, both are comfortable to use all day / night for sure. The spot your wrist sits on for WASD is a good angle on both keyboards IMO.

I think k70 is a bit sturdier for sure, but I really don't see any scenarios where you're gonna be smashing the shit out of it unless you have temper tantrums whilst playing games lol. Both keyboards should last a really long time.

The lighting would be up to you on personal preference, I don't think either one has better lighting software, I have heard the Razer lighting software is a bit easier to use.

Thats a good point actually, about the sturdiness of the keyboard. although I do play CS:GO xD.

I do prefer the lighting on the Blackwidow, as they just seem to stand out more. But I think the reliability of eqch keyboards keys is one of my main concerns.

Thanks for your help :)

Thats a good point actually, about the sturdiness of the keyboard. although I do play CS:GO xD.

I do prefer the lighting on the Blackwidow, as they just seem to stand out more. But I think the reliability of eqch keyboards keys is one of my main concerns.

No problem man, I figured I'd try to give an unbiased opinion instead of "omg best keyboard ive ever owned even though I've only owned membrane OEM keyboards"

(no offence to anyone saying that)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Tbh, it sorta matters on personal opinion. I have the Blackwidow Chroma and prefer it. The colors are way better, the font is better (imo), the program for the lighting software is way easier to use on the BlackWidow. I really like the Razer switches, but that seems like a matter of opinion. The K70 has a wrist rest (I believe that's what it's called?) that some people can't use a keyboard without, but I don't like it.

Do note, a lot of people here dislike Razer so their opinions of them are exaggerated quite a bit, and Linus prefers Corsair which sorta adds to it. Just my opinion...

I have noticed this reputation of Razer being a bit "Tackey", but I have used some Razer products in the past and I have had no major problems, I did have a fualty headset but I got it delt with Razer customer support. I have read some reviews (Amazon) and I have seen people saying their customer support is a bit unreliable. But in my experience it has been great and getting my product delt with and getting me what I wanted out of their customer support.

My main concern about the Blackwidow is it's durability, and the feel of the keys. Do you prefer it to other keys you have used? Also do you type regularly on it?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but your answers are very valuable to my decision.

well my dad just moved in so we have to share my office. I don't want to get in his way so I use the Mac keyboard. But it is temporary. if he wasn't working from 10am-6pm I would be using it.

i like to type on it. I really love the clicking switches. That is the reason I got it over the stealseries apex. But the lighting software is really confusing to do custom lighting. One time I tried to download a affect I think I put it in the razer cloud and when I looked for it in the software it wasn't there.