Corsair K70 RGB vs Razer Blackwidow Chroma (Straw Poll included)

SubZeroFish

My main concern about the Blackwidow is it's durability, and the feel of the keys. Do you prefer it to other keys you have used? Also do you type regularly on it?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but your answers are very valuable to my decision.

I prefer the BlackWidow keys over the Cherry MX Reds. It's pretty durable tbh. Had it for 6 months and no issues whatsoever.

i like to type on it. I really love the clicking switches. That is the reason I got it over the stealseries apex. But the lighting software is really confusing to do custom lighting. One time I tried to download a affect I think I put it in the razer cloud and when I looked for it in the software it wasn't there.

Have you used Cherry MX before? How do they compare?

Have you used Cherry MX before? How do they compare?

i haven't

I prefer the BlackWidow keys over the Cherry MX Reds. It's pretty durable tbh. Had it for 6 months and no issues whatsoever.

Do you type frequently and are they as nice to type on when gaming/typing?

Sorry for the large amount of questions, but as you guys have these keyboards, your the best people to ask, your opinions are great for me to pick which keyboard is best.

Do you type frequently and are they as nice to type on when gaming/typing?

I type frequently, and am on my computer like 6-7 hours a day. They work awesome on gaming and typing, don't see much of a difference. 

I type frequently, and am on my computer like 6-7 hours a day. They work awesome on gaming and typing, don't see much of a difference.

Have you used Cherry MX keys before? Which do you prefer?

Have you used Cherry MX keys before? Which do you prefer?

Tbh, I don't see too much of a difference, but I prefer the Razer ones. Maybe it's just because I'm used to them.

The Razer are like a shorter slightly stiffer Brown. It can be really weird to go from cherry to Razer. Ofc if you haven't used cherry the Razer will be fine.

I personally would get the k70 (but I use the k70 non rgb and love the build design) the Razer is imho overly gamer tacky. (Although not as bad as the g910 spark, even though those are my favorite switches on the market.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The Razer are like a shorter slightly stiffer Brown. It can be really weird to go from cherry to Razer. Ofc if you haven't used cherry the Razer will be fine.

I personally would get the k70 (but I use the k70 non rgb and love the build design) the Razer is imho overly gamer tacky. (Although not as bad as the g910 spark, even though those are my favorite switches on the market.)

Shame about the Spark, Logitech have always made reliable and strong prodcuts. I hope the Spark is just a one off.

I will try and see if I can use them in a store and see which ones a like better. As I am getting positives about both keyboards, tbh I could really go wrong with what keyboard is chose. But is it a hard decision.

Razer claims that their keys have "10Mil more key presses", I will have a looking online to see if anyone has actually tested this.

its a toss up IMO. you'll stop caring about/messing with the RGB lights once you found a color combo you like.

As far as switches go the razer ones are noitbly lighter to press then similar cherry version. But you'll forget the difference after while or not even notice if you haven't a cherry switch to directly compare to.

I own a Chroma. Its a nice keyboard.

its a toss up IMO. you'll stop caring about/messing with the RGB lights once you found a color combo you like.

As far as switches go the razer ones are noitbly lighter to press then similar cherry version. But you'll forget the difference after while or not even notice if you haven't a cherry switch to directly compare to.

I own a Chroma. Its a nice keyboard.

Have you had any key problems?

I actually own both I may help you out later when I get home. Could you make a summary of what you want to know?

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Don't get a Blackwidow, spend the extra money for something with actual quality.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Man k70 for sure! Dont think twice

CORE i5 4670K ASRock Fatal1ty KILLER 8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO  MSI GTX 770 7TEAM 550W

AMD FX6300 GA 990FXA-UD3 4.0 16GB G.SKILL TridentX  EVGA 9600 GT EVGA SN 750W G2

Proud owner of a normal Blackwidow. I chose it because it looks sexy, even when turned off. K70 looks like shit.

I actually own both I may help you out later when I get home. Could you make a summary of what you want to know?

Once again I analogize for the large amount of questions.

But what I would really like to know, is:

-Have you had any key problems with the Blackwidow?

-Which would you rather use for typing and gaming?

-Does the Blackwidow feel "Cheap" and overpriced? (I have heard this from reviews)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :)

-

Don't get a Blackwidow, spend the extra money for something with actual quality.

Something like this?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-9000069-UK-Performance-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00NHJPUL0/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1437999707&sr=1-2&keywords=K70

Please post your own suggestions, as I don't know as much as you guys regarding these keyboards.

This is far cheaper then RGB, and I have heard the LEDs are a bit meh, compared to the Blackwidow.

Something like this?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-9000069-UK-Performance-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00NHJPUL0/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1437999707&sr=1-2&keywords=K70

Please post your own suggestions, as I don't know as much as you guys regarding these keyboards.

This is far cheaper then RGB, and I have heard the LEDs are a bit meh, compared to the Blackwidow.

The K70 is a very good option, and if you are all right with a few LED burnouts, then it would be perfect for you!  I also recommend that you look at Ducky, they also make very good keyboards that come in Cherry MX switches.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

The K70 is a very good option, and if you are all right with a few LED burnouts, then it would be perfect for you!  I also recommend that you look at Ducky, they also make very good keyboards that come in Cherry MX switches.

Do you think it is worth me getting the RGB, because I believe that is the only difference with the one I linked above.

Proud owner of a normal Blackwidow. I chose it because it looks sexy, even when turned off. K70 looks like shit.

It does come down to personal preference, I like the Blackwidow but I want to get the best for my money.

Do you think it is worth me getting the RGB, because I believe that is the only difference with the one I linked above.

If you have the money get the RGB, the lighting is awesome if you're into that and the LEDs don't burn out like the original ones.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

If you have the money get the RGB, the lighting is awesome if you're into that and the LEDs don't burn out like the original ones.

Alright, is Amazon the best place to buy?