Optimal Airflow

soron

Hello,

First of all sorry if i'm posting this on the wrong board.

I need some help to optimize my buid airflow.

This are my specs:

Asrock xtreme 4
I7 377K
Asus GTX780
Noctua NH-U14S
XFX 650 xtr
Fractal define r5

At this moment the temperature in my room is 25º and this are my cpu and gpu temps:

2rmwh9e.jpg

Besides the U14S fan, i have two noctua NF-A14 PWM on the front as intake, fractal GP14 on the bottom as intake and another on the back as exhaust

Are my temps alright? Can i change my fan setup to make it cooler?

Also im using artic silver 5 on the cpu, and i know it as a 200 curing time (i put it yesterday), and some people told me that the noctua thermal paste is better, should i change that too?

Sorry if this is confusing, english not being my native language is problably not helping too.

Anyway thanks in advance

if your temps don't go over 80 on cpu and over 90 on gpu and nothing is crashing or throtteling (turning down in speed) you will propably be fine. and besides that - PIC-TURES and load-temps!

wow... pretty empty here...

The bottom one is already as intake

The bottom one is already as intake

It is? It looks to me like it is taking air out. Last time I checked, fans always blow air out of the same side as the motor. I dont see a motor on the top of that one.

You're right my mistake i`ll fix tomorrow

I also noticed that the fractal fans have different rpms than the noctua one`s, could that affect the airflow?

Probably not. Just have the ones with higher airflow as the intake and the ones with less airflow as exhaust. This will heep dust from being sucked into every tiny hole in the case if the number of intake/exhaust is the same.

So beside the bottom one is there any other improvement i can make?

Ive got no fans on top since im trying to have a silent build and at the same time achieve the best airflow possible given the circumstances

more fans at a lower speed are better than less fans at a higher speed. It looks like you have the same motherboard as me, and I know that it has plenty of fan headers than can regulate speed. you can plug a 4 pin into a 3 pin header and regulate speed.

How are your temps under load? Because at idle they are normal. You aren't going to get any lower idle temps without going to dual tower, AIO or custom loop. And with load temps, its almost same thing. From pic your airflow seems to be about right already.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How are your temps under load? Because at idle they are normal. You aren't going to get any lower idle temps without going to dual tower, AIO or custom loop. And with load temps, its almost same thing. From pic your airflow seems to be about right already.

This is what I was thinking as well. Everything seems OK right now. This is actually a very nice fans setup...I'm jealous  :wub:

Nothing wrong with your temperature.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I forgot to say those temos are on idle although right now my country is going trough a heat wave so its pretty hot on my room

Anyway if temps are fine better not to mess with it anymore,I already changed the bottom fsn to intake and it seem it got a little better

Thanks for your help :)