What would be more likely? Google buying Microsoft or Microsoft buying Google?

Google buying Microsoft

vs

Microsoft buying Google

Edit: The majority answer seems to be 'No'. This thread is canceled.

Edited by Vozella

Neither would ever happen. 

Probably never gonna happen, but if it does it will be google acquiring microsoft.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I know it won't happen. You guys aren't even trying.

There's nothing to try, it won't happen, so how could one come to a judgement as to which would be most likely? 

Google buying Microsoft

vs

Microsoft buying Google

Neither one will ever happen. They are in two different leagues. There's hardly any competition between them.

Nvidia buying AMD is probably more likely than those 2 are. 

And when was the last time Nvidia won a contract for a gaming console?

No, never. 

But. if somebody divided by 0, Microsoft would have a higher chance of buying Google then the other way around

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Google buying Microsoft

vs

Microsoft buying Google

i see microsoft buying the ruins of Google after they finally ruin youtube and something better comes up

http://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Uhhm, never?

But I don't know how that changes anything?

I know it won't happen. You guys aren't even trying.

You could ask a more logical question like if Google or Apple would merge with AT&T or Verizon, why the sky is so high, or why my turd doesn't fly away magically. Just saying.

Good contribution to the question. Not.

My contribution is still better than yours.

As @Johners said, it would be impossible both due to the size of them both and the monopoly laws in place. If one were to buy the other, one example of a clear monopoly would be the search engine area, so either bing (god save us all) or google would have such a large measured majority that they would be required to split up into smaller companies again.

However, ignoring monopolies I reckon MS would buy google, even though google are probably larger.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

that is the day we all die and our eyeballs catch on fire

Dank and overused AMD heat jokes are far more likely to burn my eyes.

Microsoft buying Google.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Yes... so 2014ish... AMD/ATI has been in gaming consoles since the GameCube.

Uhhm, never?

But I don't know how that changes anything?

Why would AMD sell out if it has money to sustain itself?

Why would AMD sell out if it has money to sustain itself?

Because of how things are going. 

bNqJYgA.png

Because of how things are going. 

Yes. Thank you for proving my point by showing a comparison of company performance based on discrete graphics cards. This isn't AMD's only market. No they aren't doing great against Intel either, but AMD never has. They've always been the underdog. But they've always been around too. They are older than Nvidia and it's very unlikely that Nvidia can even afford to buy out AMD.

Hmmm... it could be possible for the new CEO of Microsoft to die some way and have it in his will for a really far relative of his he only met once to have the blueprints (I say blueprints) to Windows 14 - The relative could be a part-time Google employee. The relative might see the opportunity to become Google's next biggest guy, he develops the Windows 14 (one way or another) and uses it as a new Linux OS for the Chromebooks (Google 14?) - which results in the utter destruction of Microsoft.

^

Wouldn't really happen though.

that is the day we all die and our eyeballs catch on fire

Or this

XCOhPhA.gif

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Because AMD makes CPUs, GPUs, and APUs, whereas nvidia only makes GPUs and some mobile processors.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yes. Thank you for proving my point by showing a comparison of company performance based on discrete graphics cards. This isn't AMD's only market. No they aren't doing great against Intel either, but AMD never has. They've always been the underdog. But they've always been around too. They are older than Nvidia and it's very unlikely that Nvidia can even afford to buy out AMD.

We never said that Nvidia could, will or want to. Just that it's more likely than Google and Microsoft buying eachother. 

True, AMD has almost always been slightly behind Nvidia and Intel, but 75% vs 25% marketshare is a lot more than being behind. Although it is in one market, it is still a large market. They are also behind Intel by a long way in most places, particularly the high end CPU market. And with Intel's new iGPUs, they're starting to beat AMD's APU which they have been concentrating on. 

AMD has been making a loss quarter after quarter and don't seem to have anything special around the corner.