Hello, i am about to move to college, and my PC setup is quite large, I'm afraid i cant take it with me. I am looking to sell it and possibly get a new gaming laptop. However, i don't know how to price a slightly used PC. I will list the parts below, any help from people who have experience selling used parts, please give me any advice you think of, including how/where to sell it. Also, if you arnt an expert on selling used parts, please comment on how much you think you would pay for it, if you were looking to buy a used PC. Thank you!

PARTS:

CPU: FX-8320, nothing wrong with it, using it for about 19 months now. 

cooler: i got a set from frozen cpu, i really didnt need a watercooler, becasue i did not overclock, but i didnt know too much about what i was doing)

radiator: 360 xspc radiator

res/pump: dual bay combo from xspc

fans: 3 120mm fans that came with the set, high static preasure, fairly quiet

GPU: ASUS R9 270X 2GB, 

RAM: 8GB Gskill ripjaw x 2133

MOBO: asus m5a97 R2.0 

PSU: rosewill hive 750w modular 80+ bronze

Case: in win GRone

SSD: samsung 840 evo 120GB

HDD: WD blue 1TB

Ya i take decent care of it, cleaning out dust every few months, its not very dusty here, so it doesnt need it too often. i built it 19mo ago, but put in the water loop about 10 mo ago, i changed the water out 4mo ago. i did upgrade the gpu about 10 mo ago, so its a little newer. i still have all the parts that go with the case that i didnt use(hdd cages, screws, ect.) just incase the new owner would like to change it up. it runs well, decent gaming machine. i have put almost 1100 into it(yes i know i could have been smarter about my parts and gotten a nicer, faster computer for less, but it is my first PC, so its not perfect. the only major issue is the water pump makes a small rattling noise, its not noticeable when playing music, or a game, but while the speakers aret busy, it is noticable.

400, 500

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

With no case or PSU. Probably around 300 bucks, if that. 

60-70% of what you bought it for and sell it for 50-60% of what it sells for today

that is what I buy and sell for

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

~£250 - £280  If you sell the tower with all the parts inside, according to the specs on your profile.

(just the tower & internal components that is)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

~$300-$400

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

~snip~

Hey Joshuatree,

The guys gave you some estimates. I would suggest checking around your area for the current prices of these parts and prices of second-hand of such parts and see how much % would you need to reduce so you can actually sell them. 
Just a small note: since you are selling your HDD I would strongly suggest wiping it clean so your data won't be stolen or accessed by anyone else. I would suggest using WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool and running the "write zeros" function so you can fill every bit with a 0 and no one can extract the data. Here's a link: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=zDj2jB

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

If I were to sell a pc I would just find how much it would cost to get all the equivalent parts that would provide the closest performance for the cheapest price then add those all up and price it a little below that.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

thank you all for your input! very helpful. i will be wiping the hard drives, and i have software to make it where no one can recover my data. and i am selling it with the case and psu, so Philosophy, i dont understand your comment. finally, a lot of your estimates seem quite low? it would cost about 1000 to build it today, i would think i could at least get 6-700 for it, especially considering it has almost no issues. maybe that because im attached to it, but 300-500 seems a bit low for a fairly high end, water-cooled gaming PC, even a slightly used one. 

thank you all for your input! very helpful. i will be wiping the hard drives, and i have software to make it where no one can recover my data. and i am selling it with the case and psu, so Philosophy, i dont understand your comment. finally, a lot of your estimates seem quite low? it would cost about 1000 to build it today, i would think i could at least get 6-700 for it, especially considering it has almost no issues. maybe that because im attached to it, but 300-500 seems a bit low for a fairly high end, water-cooled gaming PC, even a slightly used one. 

Thats just the way enthusiasts are... the average consumer may be willing to pay more,...but not us.. if YOU want to sell it for $600-700 give it a try, you'll see how much interest there is after a week...or two.

Re-evaluate the price after that if no bites.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Put it on craigslist for $700 and see what you get.

You can also put it on the classified section here once you get 100 posts.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

1 bitcoin for me to to buy it, 2 bitcoin for some other person to buy it :P

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |